- Our saving
- US $ 1,169
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start in Madrid and end in Rome! With the discovery tour Western Runner, you have a 10 day tour package taking you from Madrid to Rome and through Madrid, Spain and 6 other destinations in Europe. Western Runner includes accommodation in a hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Bungalow
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- JoannaWritten on November 14, 20164.0 - GoodWestern Runner was a really fast paced trip, where we would sleep in a new city every 1-2 nights. Half the hostels were good and roomy, while the other half, the rooms would be so cramped it was like playing Twister with roommates. Accommodation is for sharing between 2-6 people in a room, normally 3-4. Breakfast in all hostels was only toast, coffee, and juice; only Florence had substantial food including eggs, bacon, baked beans, fruit, etc. Marlies is a great tour guide and checked on everyone regularly. Walking tours are really fast paced but at least you have time on your own afterwards to explore each city. Be warned that despite the way the itinerary is written, tickets to the attractions are not included. The best type of trip to go on if you are on a budget and want to see a lot of things in a short period of time, but be prepared to be a little out of breath trying to keep up with the pace! Not recommended for those who want to immerse themselves in a city.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Madrid, Spain
- Day 2: Madrid to Valencia
- Day 3: Valencia to Barcelona
- Day 4: Barcelona
- Day 5: Barcelona to Marseille, France
- Day 6: Marseille
- Day 7: Marseille to Florence, Italy
- Day 8: Florence
- Day 9: Florence to Rome
- Day 10: Rome
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Madrid10 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to RomeOnly 2 seats left$58USD $1,169
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Madrid10 DaysMondayDec 3, 2018to Rome0 seats left$58USD $1,169
- FridayDec 7, 2018from Madrid10 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Rome0 seats left$62USD $1,239
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Madrid10 DaysMondayDec 31, 2018to Rome0 seats left$64USD $1,289
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Madrid10 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to RomeOnly 2 seats left$62USD $1,239Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Madrid10 DaysMondayJan 28, 2019to Rome0 seats left$55USD $1,099
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Madrid10 DaysMondayFeb 11, 2019to Rome0 seats left$55USD $1,099
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Madrid10 DaysMondayFeb 25, 2019to Rome0 seats left$55USD $1,099
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSpain , France , Italy and Vatican City (Holy See)
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 December 2018 the full payment of $1,169 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1169 for Western Runner, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,659 km.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 302 km
- Valencia (Spain)
- 304 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 338 km
- Marseille (France)
- 477 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 3 km
- Vatican City (Vatican City (Holy See))
- 3 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,169 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,511 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Runner