Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 30 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 2,899
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Shanna "Jess was my trip leader for the 23-day tour and it was the trip of a lifetime! Jess is super knowledgeable of the history of every place that we went to. She also gave great suggestions of places to visit and foods to try. Even those sometimes long driving days were made memorable with Jess' wild and funny stories. I'm super glad that I went on this trip and would love to go on another one with Je..."
Start and end in London! With the discovery tour Western Compass, you have a 24 day tour package taking you through London, England and 13 other destinations in Europe. Western Compass includes accommodation in a hotel and hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Bungalow
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- JJadeWoodhallWritten on March 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on the 24 day Western Compass beginning December 2017 and ending in January 2018. A time of year where you would miss your family over christmas and new years but nonetheless I had a great time :) Jess as a tour leader made the trip all that better too. Always fun, smiley, chirpy and bubbly and she also had the BEST playlist tunes playing on the topdeck bus. Jess was easy to speak with, ask questions anytime and she was also very knowledgable and passionate about the places we visited on the tour. Passionate being the key word which relayed into how she spoke about sights, cities and countries we visited making learning about the history of these places memorable rather than something you hear then automatically forget. Jess was also really great about my dietary requirements , being vegan I knew it would be a little more difficult when it came to shared meals with the topdeck team but she always made sure that I was able to eat (She even brought me a bag of goodies to keep me going throughout the trip since one day I couldn't have anything for breakfast).Show detailed ratings
- KirinWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe entire experience was extremely enjoyable and our tour guide, Jess, was exceptional.Show detailed ratings
- SShaniawardWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Western Compass tour was no doubt an amazing experience!! As it was my first time travelling, Our guide Jess was an enourmous aid in determining all the good places to visit. Jess was always enthusiastic and lifting the groups spirits whenever we where tired/ crabby. My favourite part was the opportunity we had to immerse ourself of all the different cultures, Jess being a wealth of knowledge, we where never left with questions unanswered. I also enjoyed the opportunity to participate in activities I had never imagined I would, my favourite being Night Sledding, karaoke dinner and celebrating Christmas/New Years With our group in a different country. It was a unforgettable experience that I wish I could repeat. The memories made and friendships gained on the trip will always be treasured for many years to come. I can only hope my next trip will be equal to or even better.Show detailed ratings
- RRachelWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad the time of my life on this top deck tour. Jess was the best tour guide we could have asked for. She is full of knowledge, respectful, and brought so much joy to our trip. I would definitely travel with top deck again :)Show detailed ratings
- SShannaWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentJess was my trip leader for the 23-day tour and it was the trip of a lifetime! Jess is super knowledgeable of the history of every place that we went to. She also gave great suggestions of places to visit and foods to try. Even those sometimes long driving days were made memorable with Jess' wild and funny stories. I'm super glad that I went on this trip and would love to go on another one with Jess.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France (or join in Paris)
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Bordeaux
- Day 4: Bordeaux
- Day 5: Bordeaux to Bilbao, Spain
- Day 6: Bilbao to Madrid
- Day 7: Madrid
- Day 8: Madrid to Valencia
- Day 9: Valencia to Barcelona
- Day 10: Barcelona
- Day 11: Barcelona to Marseille, France
- Day 12: Marseille
- Day 13: Marseille to Florence, Italy
- Day 14: Florence
- Day 15: Florence to Rome
- Day 16: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 17: Rome to Venice
- Day 18: Venice
- Day 19: Venice to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 20: Swiss Alps
- Day 21: Swiss Alps to Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Day 22: Luxembourg City to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 23: Amsterdam
- Day 24: Amsterdam to London, England
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am half Australian and half Swiss (grew up in Aus). I have been living in Europe for over five years..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayOct 21, 2018from London24 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to London10+ seats left$75USD $2,999
- SundayNov 18, 2018from London24 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to London10+ seats left$75USD $2,999
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from London24 DaysMondayDec 24, 2018to London10+ seats left$78USD $3,129
- SundayDec 16, 2018from London24 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to London10+ seats left$81USD $3,249
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from London24 DaysMondayJan 21, 2019to London10+ seats left$78USD $3,129
- SundayJan 13, 2019from London24 DaysTuesdayFeb 5, 2019to London10+ seats left$72USD $2,899
- SundayJan 27, 2019from London24 DaysTuesdayFeb 19, 2019to London10+ seats left$72USD $2,899
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from London24 DaysTuesdayMar 5, 2019to London10+ seats left$72USD $2,899
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Italy , Luxembourg and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 July 2018 the full payment of $2,899 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2899 for Western Compass, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 4,870 km.
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 500 km
- Bordeaux (France)
- 257 km
- Bilbao (Spain)
- 322 km
- Madrid (Spain)
- 302 km
- Valencia (Spain)
- 304 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 338 km
- Marseille (France)
- 477 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,899 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Compass