Stray Journeys Winter - Mackinnon (South Island)
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
Other reviews about Stray Travel:Write a review
- TaraManjunath's review about another Stray Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentI recently travelled on the new Beach Hopper pass with Stray. We started in Rotorua and visited Waitomo, Raglan and Mt M... Read more
- Kayla's review about another Stray Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentI travelled with Stray NZ on their new Beach Hopper Pass. What a great way to see both the west & east coasts of the Nor... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- CHRISTCHURCH TO KAIKOURA
- KAIKOURA TO PICTON
- PICTON TO ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- FREE DAY IN ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
- ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK TO WESTPORT
- WESTPORT TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FREE DAY IN FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO WANAKA
- WANAKA TO QUEENSTOWN
- FREE DAYS IN QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO AORAKI/MT COOK
- MT COOK TO RANGITATA
Today we make our way through a landscape made famous by the Lord of the Rings films. First, we head to turquoise Lake Tekapo, where we stop for ice skating, snow tubing or a swim at the hot springs. In the early afternoon we pass through Geraldine, and then continue through to spend the night in the heart of the Rangitata Peel Forest.
Accommodation: Rangitata Rafts Lodge - One of Canterbury’s original sheep stations
Optional activities: Ice skating, snow tubing, soak in the hot pools
Free activities: Take photos of stunning scenery, go for a walk.
- RANGITATA TO CHRISTCHURCH
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Stray Journeys Winter - Mackinnon (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 273 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 174 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 147 km
- Westport (New Zealand)
- 213 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 108 km
- Rangitata (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 978 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 70 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys Winter - Mackinnon (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3,180 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia/Oceania tours