Croatia - Island Hopping Bike Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,107
- Rather Poor
- MMargaretCowanWritten on March 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentAlternating hiking and biking daysShow detailed ratings
- RSRichardWritten on June 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy wife and I just returned from a 7-day, self-guided Pure Adventures cyclinig tour of the islands of Croatia. It was fantastic. The islands are amazingly gorgeous, and the swimming in the Adriatic, in the middle or at the end of a long day of bike ride was incredible. Melanie from Pure Adventures was great to work with in planning our trip from the States. And the folks who handled everything in Croatia -- Meridien Ten- did a really nice job in setting us up with our bikes, moving the luggage, and providing route maps and the GPS. We biked a number of islands, with either ferry rides or a high-speed boat providing transportation between the islands. Everything was well-coordinated and worked flawlessly. Some of the hills were challenging, with the longest about an 8k steady climb up about an 8% grade. So, you need to be in decent biking shape to handle it. Acccomodations were fine. Melanie helped us arrange before we left to upgrade a couple of them at our request, as we wanted in particular to treat ourselves at the end of the ride in Dubrovnik. Well worth a few extra Kuna. The food in Croatia, particularly in Dubrovnik, was amazing -- some great, creative chefs working there. We chose to ride hybrid bikes, which were excellent and useful for going off road to secluded Adriatic beaches or riding in the plazas in town centers, although I'm sure road bikes would have make the hill climbing a bit easier. It was really a perfect trip. We went the end of May, early June, which is a good time to go -- it hasn't gotten too hot yet but the water is warm enough to swim in .Show detailed ratings
- LPLaraWritten on August 18, 20164.5 - ExcellentI had a great time. I loved the independence of the self guided tour. I had plenty of information and felt like I was on a treasure hut. The accommodation was wonderful. The routes provided great views.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Split Arrival
- Day 2: Cycling to the Island of Brac
- Day 3: Cycling to the Island of Hvar
- Day 4: Cycling Hvar Island, boat trip or rest day
- Day 5: Cycling the Island of Korcula:
- Day 6: Loop bike ride on Korcula:
- Day 7: Cycling Peljesac peninsula and Dubrovnik
- Day 8: Departure day
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 17, 2016
The overview states this trip is 6 days (5 nights?), however the itinerary says it's 7 Days. Which is correct? and does that change the price? It's currently stating 836 pounds for any day chosen in July, which is a bit pricy for us.
This trip is indeed a 5 night / 6 day tour. The rates are seasonal, so it depends on what time of year, the rate in euros for July is 1190 euros in guest house accommodations. This is peak season and is not frankly, the best time to visit due to heat and crowds. If you can go in October, the rate falls to 924 euros, and it is a perfect time for weather and fewer people.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
Croatia - Island Hopping Bike Tour
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Split6 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$35USD $1,129
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Split6 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Split6 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Split6 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Split6 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Split6 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Split6 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Split6 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Split6 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Split6 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Hvar Island10+ seats left$39USD $1,253
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Hvar Island is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $1,107 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1107 for Croatia - Island Hopping Bike Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 19 km
- Lozisca (Croatia)
- 7 km
- Supetar (Croatia)
- 4 km
- Splitska (Croatia)
- 2 km
- Skrip (Croatia)
- 3 km
- Postira (Croatia)
- 2 km
- Lovrecina (Croatia)
- 7 km
- Pucisca (Croatia)
- 11 km
- Vidova Gora (Croatia)
- 9 km
- Gornji Humac (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,107 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Croatia - Island Hopping Bike Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Croatia - Island Hopping Bike Tour