Stray Journeys Winter - Haast (South Island)
- Rather Poor
- RenéeWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodPapa G was the best part of my Stray Journey. Love him! And his stories! That being said, I don't recommend you run Stray Journeys during your off season. Mixing Journeys and Hop On Off people was very confusing to the few of us who prepaid. Activities had to be promoted and triple checked, we got confused which ones we paid for, and the hop off crew just threw everything into a jumble. I regret the Journey option but I appreciate the idea of Stray and the intimate tour group.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FREE DAY IN FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO WANAKA
- WANAKA TO QUEENSTOWN
- FREE DAYS IN QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO AORAKI/MT COOK
- MT COOK TO RANGITATA
- RANGITATA TO CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm hesitating between Stray Journeys Winter tour and Stray-Short Q (South Island) tour. What is the difference between them?
Stray Journeys is a fixed itinerary tour. It includes accommodation and some activities.
The Short Q pass is on our hop on/hop off network and the cost only includes the transport. Accommodation is guaranteed at each overnight stop for you to pay on arrival though.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Stray Journeys Winter - Haast (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 108 km
- Rangitata (New Zealand)
- 119 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,003 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 70 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys Winter - Haast (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys Winter - Haast (South Island)