ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Longyearbyen, board ship and begin exploration.
- Day 2-10: Exploring Spitsbergen and the Svalbard Archipelago.
- Day 11: Disembark and end in Longyearbyen.
Quark Expeditions Ships
- Ocean NovaDesigned to carry passengers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world, the Ocean Nova was built in Denmark. This ship delivers c… Read moreBuilt1992Guests78Crew38Length73mWidth11mSuites38Electricity220vCruising Speed12 knotsDraft3.7m
- Akademik Sergey VavilovFinnish-built for the Russian Academy of Science, this ship was designed to travel quietly during hydro-acoustic research. External stabil… Read moreBuilt1988Guests92Crew63Length117.04mWidth18.28mCruising Speed14.5 knots in open waterDraft6.09m
- Alison Lomax's review about another Quark Expeditions tour5.0 - Excellent
A fanatstic trip. The expedition staff were without exception, excellent. We sailed North into the pack ice and were rewarded with stunning scenery, many polar bear sightings and awesome glaciers.<br /><br /><strong>What was the most inspirational moment of... Read more
- David Ord's review about another Quark Expeditions tour5.0 - Excellent
We joined this trip because we wanted to see a Polar Bear in the wild. We weren't disappointed - multiple bears on multiple occasions. The trip offered much more than that of course, everything else being a bonus.<br /><br /><strong>What was the most... Read more
- Matt Mckean's review about another Quark Expeditions tour5.0 - Excellent
My polar addiction started back in 2009 when i headed out to the Arctic with Paul, Ian Stirling and the elite of polar ships the Vavilov. We had incredible weather but lacked Bear sightings.. After exploring Georgia and Antarctica some 18 months later, i... Read more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria15th March 2019
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Longyearbyen.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Quark Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 August 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Spitsbergen Explorer, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Quark Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Longyearbyen (Svalbard)
- 126 km
- The 14th of July Glacier (Svalbard)
- 243 km
- Phippsoya (Svalbard)
- 124 km
- Hinlopen Strait (Svalbard)
- 190 km
- Alkhornet (Svalbard)
- 41 km
- Longyearbyen (Svalbard)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,606 tours in Europe
- covered by 550 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,015 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours