Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 13:59:45
- Our saving
- US $ 1,855
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Enjoy stunning views of Douro Valley
- Cycle along Portugal's highland plateau
- Explore the Douro Nature Reserve
- Savour organic and local produce
- Age range
- 14 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
Start and end in Porto! With the self-guided tour Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley, you have a 7 day tour package taking you through Porto, Portugal and 6 other destinations in Portugal. Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley includes accommodation in a hotel as well as meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- JJulianWritten on August 13, 20173.5 - GoodWe had a terrible experience with Exodus. We signed up for a "Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley" several months in advance. Our detailed contacts were asked for by Exodus, but then never communicated to the actual operator. This meant that our agreed pick-up driver never showed up (he had incorrect information) and we had to fumble with international calls and roaming charges to contact a real person on a Saturday morning. Exodus could have offered us compensation on the spot for this ordeal. I wouldn't recommend their trips to anyone. Look around as Exodus charges a fortune.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Porto airport; transfer approx. 3.5 hours to Miranda do Douro, on the Spanish border
- Day 2: Cycle through the Douro Nature Reserve to Mogadouro. Look out for birds of prey,such as the Egyptian Vulture or Bonelli's Eagle
- Day 3: Follow the gentle path of a former railway track through olive and almond grove to your accommodation in Torre de Moncorvo
- Day 4: Cycle alongside the River Douro for the first time, and enjoy the stunning views and magical landscape. Tonight's stay is on a quinta (farming estate)
- Day 5: Ride though the UNESCO World Heritage listed vineyards of the Douro Valley, before taking a boat to Pinhao; transfer to Sabrosa
- Day 6: Enjoy the final cycling day through the back roads of the Douro, finally arriving in Peso da Regua: the International Capital of Wine and Vineyards
- Day 7: Transfer back to the airport, or choose to spend extra time in the cosmopolitan city of Porto.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Porto7 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Porto7 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Porto8 seats left$52USD $2,075
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Porto7 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Porto8 seats left$46USD $1,855
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Porto.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2018 the full payment of $1,855 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1855 for Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 417 km.
- Porto (Portugal)
- 201 km
- Miranda do Douro (Portugal)
- 41 km
- Mogadouro (Portugal)
- 34 km
- Torre de Moncorvo (Portugal)
- 40 km
- Pinhao (Portugal)
- 10 km
- Sabrosa (Portugal)
- 21 km
- Peso da Regua (Portugal)
- 71 km
- Porto (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,855 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,995 tours in Europe
- covered by 210 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley