Berlin to Munich and Vienna Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,683
- Explore all the major sights of Berlin on a walking tour
- See the highlights of Munich old town
- Discover the beauty of Neuschwanstein castle
- Plunge into Vienna's romantic atmosphere
- Guaranteed departures
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Private / Custom, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- STSharonWritten on August 30, 20173.0 - AverageGeneral Overview Overall, we had a bad experience with Discovery Nomads. It’s an absolute RIP OFF! The package is vague and inadequate with setting expectations and providing details. The only aspect we were satisfied with is that they really nailed booking nice hotels in convenient locations. It made no sense to start with Berlin on a Tuesday and Vienna ending over the weekend. Many establishments are closed on Sundays in Vienna, while Berlin is much more happening on the weekends (as opposed to Tues and Weds). I expect tour companies to nail this kind of planning. For anyone planning this trip, best to do Vienna Tues-Weds, Munich Thurs-Fri and Berlin Sat-Mon. You’re welcome. Service is awful. We had an emergency in Munich and Discovery Nomads couldn’t be found at all. We went to the local tour companies and they didn’t know who Discovery Nomads was and couldn’t contact them for us. Discovery Nomads provided separate local entities as our emergency contact and no one was able to help us. We then called up Tour Radar, the company that sold us the package. Even they couldn’t get a hold of Discovery Nomads. If you’re ever stuck in a bad situation, you’re screwed. Needless to say, we do not recommend Discovery Nomads at all. The only time saver is that it did the research and booking of hotels and transportation. Definitely not worth the premium for how little they provided in service and travel value, especially in emergencies. Tours/Excursions: Only one excursion was planned per city, with the exception of Munich which had two, and the timing was terrible. The tours are most crucial on one’s first day, not the last day. It left us still having to do a lot of research on finding things to do—we paid for a tour to save us some research time. - Berlin: Satisfied with the actual excursion. It should have been scheduled for the first day and not the second because the guide gave us some recommendations we couldn’t even do since we were leaving after the second day. - Munich: Although the tour was good, it was a free tour. This made us feel ripped off by Discovery Nomads. The only saving grace in Munich was a decent tour for Neuschwanstein. - Vienna: Again the tour was scheduled for the second day so we had to research for things to do on the first day. Total Value: ~$140 Hotels: This is the only area where I have no complaint. They nailed it when it came to location and quality of hotels. Breakfast was also included. Total Value: ~$450 (per person, assuming two people per room) Transportation: Terrible. Part of the value proposition in paying for a tour package is to be taken care of with transportation between airport/train stations and hotels. This was not provided at all and not made clear at booking. The company did book train rides for us between cities. For how much we were charged, transportation should have been provided to us. Total Value: ~$70 Total value estimated: $660 What we paid: $1125 Minimum gross profit for Discovery Nomad: $465* This doesn’t even include the discounts they must get. We researched the price of each service to get our numbers. We understand that tour companies need to make money but the premium was way too steep for what they provided us.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Tom, I am sorry to hear that your train to Vienna was delayed and you couldn't get us on the phone. August is the busiest month for us and during some days there are long waiting times on the phone. Delays in train schedule happen sometimes and there's nothing we can do about that and it's not possible to take another train as all the trains to certain direction are stopped. Our departures are planed according to availability times for sightseeing and transportation. Though we are very flexible in making amendments and our customers can amend it according to their preferences. We do not plan any activities on the first and last days of the tour in order to allow customers to arrive and depart at any time and save on flights. We sometimes include free sightseeing tour in order to make our tours less expensive. And in this case the tour was chosen according to time schedule and english speaking guide, as most tours start at 9/10am and others are in German. Your calculation of the tour value is totally wrong. You got amazing hotels such as Melia Berlin and 25 Hours MuseumQuartier which cost more than 150 EUR per night, breakfasts at all hotels. Needless to say that transportation costs 90 EUR per person one train. Sightseeing tours include walking tours around the cities, train (not bus!) trip to Neuschwanstein Castle, guided visit Schönbrunn Palace. All these tours cost much more than you imagined. Again, we are sincerely sorry for any inconviences and hope you had a good time on your trip.With best regards, Discovery Nomads Team
- WMWILLIAMWritten on August 17, 20174.0 - Goodgood hotels except for munich, but no transfers, onr tour only in german...a good, but not a great, experience.....Show detailed ratings
- RBRaymondWritten on January 13, 20174.0 - GoodOur tour was pretty good, we only had a couple of issues - the English speaking Tour Guide for the Market Waking to Tour in Munich did not turn up (money refunded without question) , the Walking Tour of Berlin while excellent knowledge wise (Dr.David was outstanding) it was a bit too fast paced so limited opportunities to take photos or we would have been left behind. The quality of the accommodation was excellent in all cities . I would definitely recommend Tour Radar to others.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Raymond! Thank you for a great review! Discovery Adventures Team
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1-3 Berlin
- Day 3-5 Munich
- Day 5-7 Vienna
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A Voucher which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet your guides for sightseeing tours, hotels information, train departure/arrival times, included activities, etc will be mentioned in there. The Voucher is available 10 Days before the departure.
How do I get to Hotels?
Hotels are located close to the train stations so it takes about 10 minutes to get to your hotel from the train station.
How do I meet the local guides?
You will meet the local guide for all the sightseeing tours and activities. Meeting points usually located close to the visited sites eg Eiffel Tower, Colosseum, etc. You need to get to the meeting point by yourself using public transportation.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Bernard, 72 years old5th October 2018
Berlin to Munich and Vienna Tour
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Berlin7 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Berlin7 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Berlin7 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Berlin7 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Berlin7 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- WednesdayNov 7, 2018from Berlin7 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- TuesdayNov 13, 2018from Berlin7 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Berlin7 DaysTuesdayNov 20, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Berlin7 DaysMondayNov 26, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
- WednesdayNov 21, 2018from Berlin7 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Vienna10+ seats left$52USD $1,683
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Berlin is the starting point and Vienna is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Discovery Nomads booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 January 2019 the full payment of $1,683 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1683 for Berlin to Munich and Vienna Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovery Nomads will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Discovery Nomads tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 505 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 355 km
- Vienna (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,683 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Berlin to Munich and Vienna Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Berlin to Munich and Vienna Tour