Esperance and Southwest Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 739
- +4 Destinations
- Western Australia
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- ABAnnaWritten on March 3, 20181.5 - Rather poorI left the Tour after the second night when we stayed at Lucky Bay. I told the Tour leader this was because I wasn’t very well and I didn’t feel I wanted to continue the tour, however, although I wasn’t too well, that alone would not have caused me to leave the Tour so soon. My concern was that the second night we were due to swag camp at Lucky Bay, the first night we had had to abandon our stay in the National Park as it was due to rain and we ended up in a local hall. Rain was also forecast for the second night but Sean, our guide, decided that it was likely just a passing storm so we were to set up tents and sleep in those instead which was fine. However, I don’t think anybthought had gone into potential weather conditions as while it did rain that wasn’t the issue. By around 11.30pm the wind was steadily strengthening and was starting to batter us. This continued throughout the night. No one slept through the noise of the tentsbejng attached by the wind. We were in a rather exposed spot on the campsite and the tents were on hard ground meaning that they couldn’t be properly secured. We were told that our swags would hold them down, however thus did not stop one of them breaking and collapsing in the night and two others losing the top sheets altogether (mine was one) with all efforts to secure the tops back on in vain. We did wake Sean in the night when one of the tents broke and he did help out putting another one up however seemed totally unfazed by the fact that our tents were being battered and the noise made it impossible to sleep. His only comment being that we could sleep on the bus the next day! I had one hour of sleep that night (that is not an exaggeration) and felt so exhausted and nervous that this sane thing would repeat again, I decided to cut my losses and leave, at great expense to myself. I think this was a bad call by Sean, apparently it is windy down there so this should have been anticipated and a more sheltered area where we could properly secure our tents found. Therefore I lost all faith in his ability to look after us as guests. I know it’s an adventure tour, I’ve done many before, but never had an experience like this.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewDear Anna, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were very disappointed to read about your experience – weather is always unpredictable, but we make it a priority to ensure that no matter what the circumstances, our passengers always feel safe, secure and comfortable. It doesn’t sound like we succeeded in your case, and we would love the opportunity to more fully understand your experience as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: email@example.com Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Intrepid
- ACAndreaWritten on May 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip around the South West of Western Australia was incredible, I couldn't expect anything better, with such an amazing tour guide and surrounded by stunning landscapes and wild Nature. Thanks to Anna's knowledge and her intrepid spirit we had the possibility to learn so much about the place we were visiting while exploring it adventurously.Show detailed ratings
- JCJovanWritten on May 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentAnna is an energetic, cheerful tour guide who's very much enthusiastic about her job. She is warm, friendly and knows how to take charge of a big group.Show detailed ratings
- SBSamanthaWritten on May 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic time on our Secrets of Esperence tour! The bus journeys were long but our tour guide, An, kept us entertained with stories of her travels and interesting commentary on the landscapes and wildlife. The activities we did were fun, but An made the trip extra special by playing ukelele round the campfire and getting us all singing!Show detailed ratings
- AJAaronWritten on May 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentAnna was our tour guide in Western Australia for nullabor travels secrets of esperance 5day/4night camping trip and done an absolutely fantastic job as due to weather conditions we could not make it as far as Esperance but that was ok as Anna showed us some of the most beautiful place WA has to offer and she done exceptionally well at keeping everybody happy and in good spirits great tour guide and great tour would definitely choose to go with Anna again Aaron :)Show detailed ratings
- EmilyWritten on May 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentAna was one of the most passionate tour guides I've ever had! Full of knowledge and love for everything around her!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Perth to Fitzgerald National Park
- Day 2: Fitzgerald River National Park/Stokes National Park to Cape le Grand
- Day 3: Cape Le Grand National Park –Stirling Ranges
- Day 4: South West of Western Australia
- Day 5: Margaret River
- Day 6: Margaret River - Perth
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 17, 2016
Is this a camping trip? As I prefer a little luxury.
Yes, you will be camping in a tent throughout this trip.
- May 1, 2016
Does this tour accept travelers over the age of 70 years old?
The age range on this trip with Intrepid isn't as strict as other trips and is more a guideline, so you should be just fine! As long as you feel you are physically able there should be no problem. The only companies that are strict in their age range are operators like Contiki and Topdeck, who have a youth specific product for 18-39. Any of the trips listed up to the 70 age range is more of a guideline than a rule.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Im an energetic person who never stops, I am excited about our great nature and animals which we can..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Esperance and Southwest Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Perth6 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to Perth10+ seats left$31USD $739
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Perth.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2018 the full payment of $739 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $739 for Esperance and Southwest Adventure, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Perth (Australia)
- 290 km
- Wave Rock (Australia)
- 177 km
- Fitzgerald River National Park (Australia)
- 220 km
- Esperance (Australia)
- 366 km
- Stirling Range NP (Australia)
- 333 km
- Perth (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $739 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 828 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Esperance and Southwest Adventure
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers