Budapest to Bucharest
- Our saving
- US $ 902
- Explore Budapest's streets
- Visit the village of Barsana
- Discover the city of Cluj Napoca
- Wander around Romania's capital, Bucharest
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- CChueduWritten on May 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had a small group with just 4 people and the tour leader. It's a good mix of bigger cities and smaller towns on this tour. You should consider to add at least one more night in Budapest und Bucharest before and after the tour. The transportation was excellent (train from Budapest to Eger and on the other days a private bus). The local tour guides were helpful too. The tour leader did a great job, showed us good locations and nice restaurants and was humorous as well. I can definitifely recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Eger
- Day 3: Baia Mare
- Day 4-5: Sighișoara
- Day 6-7: Brașov
- Day 8: Bucharest
- Day 9: Depart Bucharest
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm 68 - a young 68, appropriate for me, too? This seems like a good one...I like the last dates and will let you know.
You are more than welcome to join this tour, as long as you understand it is quite fast paced and you need to manage your own luggage . Accommodation is in 2-3 star hotels which are small, locally owned, characterful accommodations.
I am over 60 years old, can I join this tour?
You are more than welcome to join this tour, as long as you understand it is quite fast paced and you need to manage your own luggage.
What type of accommodation will be provided?
Accommodation is made in 2-3 star hotels which are small, locally owned, characterful accommodations.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Budapest to Bucharest
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Budapest9 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Bucharest7 seats left$48$969-5%USD $921+ $137 Local Payment
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Budapest9 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Bucharest7 seats left$47$949-5%USD $902+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayApr 22, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $949+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayMay 6, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $949+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $969+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $969+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJun 17, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $989+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $989+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $989+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJul 21, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $989+ $148 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Bucharest is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 October 2018 the full payment of $902 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $902 for Budapest to Bucharest, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 195 km
- Debrecen (Hungary)
- 184 km
- Barsana (Romania)
- 39 km
- Baia Mare (Romania)
- 99 km
- Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- 110 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 29 km
- Viscri (Romania)
- 10 km
- Rupea (Romania)
- 55 km
- Prejmer (Romania)
- 39 km
- Bran (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $902 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,984 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Budapest to Bucharest via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest to Bucharest