Budapest to Bucharest
- Our saving
- US $ 1,091
- Explore Budapest's streets
- Visit the village of Barsana
- Discover the city of Cluj Napoca
- Wander around Romania's capital, Bucharest
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- JMJanetWritten on October 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Tucan enjoy accommodating travellers who have paid the single supplement in "broom cupboards". If you are happy to blow your dough on substandard hotel rooms, then take your chances. The itinerary is excellent, our tour leader was great fun, and I was... Read more
- CChueduWritten on May 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a small group with just 4 people and the tour leader. It's a good mix of bigger cities and smaller towns on this tour. You should consider to add at least one more night in Budapest und Bucharest before and after the tour. The transportation was... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Eger
- Day 3: Baia Mare
- Day 4-5: Sighișoara
- Day 6-7: Brașov
- Day 8: Bucharest
- Day 9: Depart Bucharest
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm 68 - a young 68, appropriate for me, too? This seems like a good one...I like the last dates and will let you know.
You are more than welcome to join this tour, as long as you understand it is quite fast paced and you need to manage your own luggage . Accommodation is in 2-3 star hotels which are small, locally owned, characterful accommodations.
I am over 60 years old, can I join this tour?
You are more than welcome to join this tour, as long as you understand it is quite fast paced and you need to manage your own luggage.
What type of accommodation will be provided?
Accommodation is made in 2-3 star hotels which are small, locally owned, characterful accommodations.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith29th September 2018
Budapest to Bucharest
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayMay 6, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $1,639+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$588$1,679-35%USD $1,091+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$588$1,679-35%USD $1,091+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJun 17, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$588$1,679-35%USD $1,091+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$588$1,679-35%USD $1,091+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$595$1,699-35%USD $1,104+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayJul 21, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to Bucharest7 seats leftUSD $1,699+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayAug 4, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayAug 12, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$510$1,699-30%USD $1,189+ $148 Local Payment
- SundayAug 18, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondayAug 26, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$510$1,699-30%USD $1,189+ $148 Local Payment
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Budapest9 DaysMondaySep 9, 2019to Bucharest7 seats left$504$1,679-30%USD $1,175+ $148 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Bucharest is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $140 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 March 2019 the full payment of $1,091 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1091 for Budapest to Bucharest, but the deposit of $140 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 195 km
- Debrecen (Hungary)
- 184 km
- Barsana (Romania)
- 39 km
- Baia Mare (Romania)
- 99 km
- Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- 110 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 29 km
- Viscri (Romania)
- 10 km
- Rupea (Romania)
- 55 km
- Prejmer (Romania)
- 39 km
- Bran (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,091 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,272 tours in Europe
- covered by 332 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Budapest to Bucharest via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest to Bucharest