Canada - Quebec Bike Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,289
- Rather Poor
- MRmaryWritten on August 10, 20172.0 - Rather poorThis trip was not what we expected.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your review Mary and Rich. This is not the result we expected either; so you can expect to hear from our team so we can learn more about what went wrong and if you were in touch with our local support staff during the tour. If not, then we will share all the feedback you have with our partners at Equinox and get back with you. Thanks for taking time to do this review and to respond in further detail when our team is in contact.
- SBSamWritten on July 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe enjoyed both 3-day bicycle trips. The people who started us were excellent. One minor point--you mentioned that water bottles would be provided when we started the trip, however they weren't. It would have been nice to be set with one bike that would take us seamlessly through the entire 6 days, rather than go through the orientation twice.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Sam, the water bottle issue was an oversight by our local partners and is corrected for all future travelers thanks to your feedback! We understand about the change when arriving at Alma; the distances are just so great we have to break up the support services and equipment. Thanks for taking time to review!
- KLKathyWritten on August 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentWe had a good trip, however, the first part with St Laurent Velo was not very well organized. The bikes were good, and new, but we did not receive a detailed map of the route. We were told to “Follow the Blue Chemin de Roy signs” and we had difficulty getting out of Trois Rivieres. In addition, there were no bathroom facilities for the first 20 miles of the trip, and we had to go behind an abandoned building. In several places the Chemin de Roy goes through neighborhoods, which would have been great, but at one such location there was a sign that said "Road closed", so we went back to the highway and ended up going into the town of Donnacona on a 4 lane highway with large trucks whizzing by. We missed a nice part of the path because of this. We did not know if we could have ridden on this or if it were closed to all traffic. Also, as we went into Quebec city, we used a map that the worker from St Laurent Velo gave us that had been printed off the internet, which was too small to read and did not explain any of the turns, which were many, so again we had to go into Quebec City with a lot of traffic on St Louis St. Also the Hotel St Ursula was dingy, with peeling wallpaper and dirty rugs, but the room itself was large and clean with good hot water showers. Unfortunately there was a drunk guy who hung out in front of the hotel talking to everyone for hours. I think for the cost of the trip a better hotel than this would have been preferred. If we had known that the other option available was to ride around the entire Lac St Jean over a week, we might have done this, but it was not explained that this was an option. I feel that Pure Adventures was experimenting with this new shop and trying to give them part of the business to see how they would do. We could have driven to Lac St Jean and done the whole lake and then driven home to Maine, and we would not have had to have such a long shuttle ride back to Trois RIvieres. There was no public parking in Trois RIvieres and we had to park in a sort of on street area that did not look very safe which was far from the shop. This was in contrast to Equinox, which was fabulous and very well organized. The pre trip orientation by Patrick was detailed and the maps were wonderful. All the people involved were extremely helpful, on time for pickups, and very congenial on the car transfers. Dorianne, Joel 1 and Joel 2 who were our drivers were wonderful and a lot of help and fun. The hotels were great on this part of the trip. Swimming at the Lac St Jean Motel was a big plus. The biking was great on the bike paths and it was a lovely area.Show detailed ratings
- MMarionWritten on July 14, 20164.0 - GoodThis was a brand new bike tour for this Company and we experienced a few snags along the way. The innkeepers and accommodations were pleasant, however, and the biking route was as promoted.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Departure from Montréal to Trois‐Rivières. Cycling to Sainte‐Anne‐de‐La‐Pérade. 50 km.
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
MealsRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
Is the bicycle rental included in the price of the tour?
Yes, the cost of the bike rental is included in the cost of the tour.
- June 1, 2016
How good of shape or expertise in biking do you need for this tour?
This is a self-guided tour so you need to be a relatively experienced cyclist who can handle both the riding distances and the navigation on your own. You also need to be able to fix any flat tires that may happen. Apart from that, the trip is considered moderate in terms of distance and terrain. Not easy, but not challenging either.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Canada - Quebec Bike Tour
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Montreal7 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Montreal7 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Montreal7 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Montreal7 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Montreal7 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Montreal7 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Montreal7 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Montreal7 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Montreal7 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Montreal7 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Montreal10+ seats left$40USD $1,289
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Montreal.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $1,289 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1289 for Canada - Quebec Bike Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Montreal (Canada)
- 121 km
- Trois-Rivieres (Canada)
- 36 km
- Sainte‐Anne‐de‐La‐Perade (Canada)
- 14 km
- Grondines (Canada)
- 10 km
- Deschambeault (Canada)
- 15 km
- Donnacona (Canada)
- 11 km
- Neuville (Canada)
- 11 km
- Saint‐Augustin‐de‐Desmaures (Canada)
- 17 km
- Quebec City (Canada)
- 197 km
- Alma (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,289 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,561 tours in North America
- covered by 59 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Canada - Quebec Bike Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Canada - Quebec Bike Tour