- Our saving
- US $ 659
- +4 Destinations
- Northern Morocco
- Stroll around bustling medinas in Marrakech
- Indulge yourself in local Moroccan cuisine
- Get the perfect shot of the Koutoubia Mosque
- Enjoy Casablanca and all it has to offer
- Age range
- 12 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- DWDavidWritten on October 11, 20183.0 - AverageOur guide had to speak in three languages. Too much!! At most, two languages per tour. And each language should get equal reportingShow detailed ratings
- NnicholasbillintonWritten on October 4, 20183.5 - Goodnot enough english spoken by guideShow detailed ratings
- LGLoraWritten on September 26, 20184.0 - GoodVery enjoyable. We stayed at the standard hotels and were happy. They were old but clean. The last day was very long, driving from Fez to Marrakech, but overall it was a nicely done trip. Thanks!Show detailed ratings
- EDElizabethWritten on July 23, 20183.5 - GoodSome days were a bit long Especially the final return day in the bus in extremely poor roads when pretty exhausted. As a single traveller I would have enjoyed more English speaking travel companions. Adnan was an excellent tour guide however his casual chat and jokes and fun were in Italian or French so I felt on the “outer” quite a bit .Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 11, 20183.0 - Averageyou get what you paid forShow detailed ratings
- DDonWritten on June 5, 20183.5 - GoodThe tour was a great overview of Morrocco. Would pick a non-mixed language tour tour next time, as we were the only 2 people on the tour that did not speak French, and felt a little excluded in conversation and discussion.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Don, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you felt this was a great overview of Morocco. Thank you for the great star ratings, I'm pleased to see that you were happy with the accommodations and guiding provided. However, I'm sorry to learn that you weren't entirely happy with the multi-lingual concept used on this tour. We do explain this within our trip notes and in general we do find that it works pretty well and allows us to continue offering budget tours in Morocco. I think on your departure it was unfortunate and unlucky that you were the only 2 English speakers. This is certainly not normally the case as while there are often some French or Italian speakers in the group, the majority of these speak English too and its very rare that we only have one couple like yourselves speaking English on a particular date. So, I am sorry for any impact you had on your enjoyment of the trip. Thank you again for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and for choosing to travel with us in Morocco.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 26, 20183.0 - AverageDO NOT pick this tour if a solo traveller who speaks only English. I was with 2 lovely French couples who spoke not much English and I no French and 5 of 6 nights I was in a separate hotel. I emailed Tour Radar 3 days ago to complain and have yet to receive an acknowledgement if my enail. Go with INTREPID instead.Show detailed ratings
- JHJosephineWritten on March 24, 20183.0 - AverageExcept for Ibis Hotel, the other hotels were old and dirty. The food is the same everyday - no variation. In Oudaya hotel the pancakes were so hard and only sweet bread were available for breakfast. We were combined with a group of French tourists and often the guide focused only on French. This French group from TUI had another package which included lunch and the guide took us to their restaurant and made us pay when we had free lunch in our hotel. In Fez, the tour focused more on “selling” pottery, carpets, etc. We waited long to be picked up from the airport. The hotel in Fez was very noisy (they had disco and casino).Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Josephine, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback. I’m sorry that you weren’t happy with the accommodations provided on this tour. This is one of our Shoestring tours which uses simple 3-star level accommodation throughout, however this isn’t an excuse for any lack of cleanliness you might have experienced. We’ll certainly be looking into this and will take action to remedy this where necessary. If you did mention these issues to your guide whilst on tour, I hope that he was able to help you in resolving any issues with your hotel rooms as this is one of their roles and they are there to help. On our Imperial Cities tour we do offer the option of upgrading to 4-star accommodation on a request basis and we recently introduced the option to upgrade to full board also (to include all meals as some members of your group had booked). On the set tour we only include 1 lunch (on day 2 in Marrakech) and I am sorry if you felt in pressured to join the full board passengers for lunch with them. In some places where we're driving and stop for lunch, it's not possible to eat anywhere else, but in others there should be some flexibility, as long as you're aware of the time you need to be ready to leave. As the Imperial Cities tour is one of our Shoestring tours we do operate the tour with a multi-lingual tour leader assisting some travellers with different first languages. Sightseeing tours are always provided for you in English though. In general we have found that this has worked well and allows us to guarantee more departure dates and offer the tour at a more favourable rate, which is what people booking shoestring level trips are often looking for. We explain this within our tour notes where we state the following: "In Morocco we provide fully trained, local English-speaking guides for all of the sightseeing tours. Our local reps in all the towns and cities en-route are also at your service, and will be handling all the practical arrangements for the tour. Please note that whilst all tours will be conducted in English we may also use multi-lingual guides to accommodate guests from other countries." Whilst sightseeing in Fez we do include a couple of shop type stops, however you are under no obligation to purchase at any of these. Overall shopping is always something that it is difficult to get right for everyone, as some people want to do lots of shopping, some none at all, and some people prefer a well established shop while others like to haggle in the markets. In Fez in particular it is more difficult to avoid visiting some shops as the Tanneries for example are best experienced from the balconies of the leather shops which tend to surround them. To access these viewing areas we do have to allow the shops to do their ‘sales pitch’, however we do believe that this is necessary as wouldn’t get the same experience of the tanneries otherwise.
- KTKeelyWritten on March 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentWonderful trip! We were picked up from the airport with a sign, taken to our hotel, then greeted at the hotel by our guide for the week. Here he explained to us what was to happen throughout the week and anything we needed to know about where we were staying that night. Felt very taken care of the whole time. Very easy, taken to each place in the car, driver was always prompt. The hotels were nice, just what you would need for only a couple nights stay. Food was fine, nothing too special (breakfasts and dinners; we didn't do the all inclusive food package). At the hotels it was a collection of western/less Moroccan food, but usually lunches we went to a traditional Moroccan restaurant to experience the local cuisine. We appreciated this. Overall, saw many sites and cities in a 7 day tour. Would definitely recommend!!Show detailed ratings
- MHMuhammadWritten on December 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall an excellent tour that I am happy to have booked. The guide was friendly and had a thorough knowledge of the country as well as each site and explained everything well. Transport between sites was excellent with everything scheduled and organised well. Accommodation was okay although the food served in each hotel went beyond my expectations.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Marrakech. Transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Marrakech. Free day (or Majorelle Gardens tour)
- Day 3: Marrakech, city tour
- Day 4: Marrakech to Casablanca
- Day 5: Casablanca to Fez via Rabat and Meknes
- Day 6: Fez, city tour
- Day 7: To Marrakech via Beni Mellal
- Day 8: Marrakech, free time, transfer to airport for departure
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Where and when does the tour start?
The tour starts in Marrakech. Upon your arrival, you will be met by a tour operator representative and transferred to your accommodation. Day 1 is an arrivals day so you're free to spend the rest of the day relaxing and exploring!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
This tour includes a 24-hour transfer service on the first day and the last day of the tour, so you don't have to worry about a thing from the moment you touch down. If you have booked pre/post tour accommodation through us then we can book your transfers, however, they won't be included in the tour cost.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Proud to realize and say we built pyramids "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$20USD $659
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$21USD $668
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$21USD $668
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayNov 17, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayDec 1, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayDec 8, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$20USD $659
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Marrakesh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 December 2018 the full payment of $659 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $659 for Imperial Cities, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 215 km
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 118 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 387 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $659 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,619 tours in Africa
- covered by 153 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Imperial Cities via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Imperial Cities