- Our saving
- US $ 565
- Stroll around bustling medinas in Marrakech
- Indulge yourself in local Moroccan cuisine
- Get the perfect shot of the Koutoubia Mosque
- Enjoy Casablanca and all it has to offer
- Age range
- 12 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KTKeelyWritten on March 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentWonderful trip! We were picked up from the airport with a sign, taken to our hotel, then greeted at the hotel by our guide for the week. Here he explained to us what was to happen throughout the week and anything we needed to know about where we were staying that night. Felt very taken care of the whole time. Very easy, taken to each place in the car, driver was always prompt. The hotels were nice, just what you would need for only a couple nights stay. Food was fine, nothing too special (breakfasts and dinners; we didn't do the all inclusive food package). At the hotels it was a collection of western/less Moroccan food, but usually lunches we went to a traditional Moroccan restaurant to experience the local cuisine. We appreciated this. Overall, saw many sites and cities in a 7 day tour. Would definitely recommend!!Show detailed ratings
- MHMuhammadWritten on December 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall an excellent tour that I am happy to have booked. The guide was friendly and had a thorough knowledge of the country as well as each site and explained everything well. Transport between sites was excellent with everything scheduled and organised well. Accommodation was okay although the food served in each hotel went beyond my expectations.Show detailed ratings
- JLJenniferWritten on December 6, 20174.0 - GoodMy time on the Imperial Cities tour in Morocco was great, due in particular to our guide Amin. He was professional, yet easygoing, engaging our multilingual group with his enthusiasm for his country, easily switching from history to sport and modern-day events. Our driver Abdullah was also exceptional in the sometimes chaotic traffic, and was always happy to teach some Arabic along the way.Show detailed ratings
- AZAlexisWritten on August 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was good, the guide was really friendly and knowledgable. Some days are a little too jam packed with sightseeing though which leaves little free time to explore the Medinas or enjoy the beach for a little longerShow detailed ratings
- ISIbrahimWritten on July 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have enjoyed my trip in Morocco I learnt all the history about Morocco and Berber. The transportation was excellent and the accommodation was good. I liked staying in different hotels.Show detailed ratings
- RIRitaWritten on February 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentAn excellent tour of amazing historical cities and sights. Loved Morocco and will likely return to visit the Sahara - didn't have time this year but hope to in the future. Highly recommend this tour!Show detailed ratings
- ECElaineWritten on February 22, 20172.0 - Rather poorThe country of Morocco was fabulous. The sights, food and people were beyond my expectations. Unfortunately, the trip started off poorly due to a run down hotel that was not clean. The bedding had been slept in and what I assume to be bodily fluids stains were on the bedding and sheets. We were fortunate to have the hotel assign us to a different room where is was at least clener than the intial room, but it had a heater that was broken. After a cold night night, the following evening we were then assigned to yet a different room that had a working heater and was clean. But, needless to say, it simply started our trip on the wrong foot. Although the tour was well rounded, our guide Ahmed H. was lackluster and almost seemed to not enjoy his job. I attributed this to his needing to interpret and present in 3 languages for the mixed group. A local guide Rachid Raiss in Fes, however, also had to present in 3 languages and was a superb guide. Overall, I see much roo for improvement that would have provided for a top notch tour. I provide this review with the hope that you can see the remarks as constructive for improving it for future groups. I consider myself well traveled, having been to all 7 continents and over 50 countries. I have stayed in hostels to 5 star hotels and have been on countless tours. So, when I comment that a hotel is unacceptable or a guide has not provided a good experience, I do so based on my experiences and only do so to help make positive adjustments for future travelers. Thank you for allowing me to provide this review.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Elaine, Thanks for taking the time to get back to us with this feedback, we very much value your comments and will definitely be taking these on board when looking to make improvements to this tour. First of all, I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed Morocco and that the sights, food and people there exceeded your expectations. I’m very sorry that you had issues with the Al Kabir Hotel on arrival and that it resulted in you having to change your room a few times. I agree that the room allocated on arrival was completely unacceptable and having been in touch with you whilst in Morocco I was pleased that our local office was eventually able to upgrade you to a higher standard of room and provide you with a complimentary bottle of wine and fruits to apologise for the issues you encountered. Of course, the way in which your tour started was not what we aim for. We have already been in touch with the management of the Al Kabir Hotel to ensure that this never happens again. On this tour we do always use a multilingual guides and mention this in the tour notes. When we have different nationalities travelling on the tour we’ll use a guide who can speak multiple languages rather than sending multiple individual guides as this allows us to continue to market this as a budget tour with reasonable prices. We’ve been running our Shoestring tours in Morocco this way for the past couple of years without any issues, however we certainly have taken your comments on board and should we receive any further negative feedback regarding this, we’ll definitely be looking at making changes to the way in which we allocate guides on this tour. Overall I’m sorry that there were elements of the tour which didn’t meet your expectations and I do hope that these things didn’t spoil your enjoyment of the time you spent in Morocco. Thank you once again for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback, this is invaluable and please be rest assured that we will be acting on the comments made.
- SSShriyaWritten on November 14, 20163.5 - GoodAccomodation could be more central. Thought that the entire tour group should be in one accomodation rather than split up in different hotels. Would be great to have more free time on the tour to wander around on your own.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech, city tour
- Day 3: Marrakech to Casablanca
- Day 4: Casablanca to Fez via Rabat and Meknes
- Day 5: Fez, city tour
- Day 6: To Marrakech via Beni Mellal
- Day 7: Marrakech, free time, transfer to airport for departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Can I get a transfer to the airport at any time as well, even early in the morning?
Yes, so long as you are leaving Morocco on the last day of the tour, we can transfer you to the airport at anytime. The same applies to the start of the tour and so long as you are arriving on day 1, we can provide an airport transfer on this day too.
- May 1, 2017
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- January 1, 2017
What time should we arrive on Day1?
Day 1 is just an arrival day so you can actually arrive anytime on this day.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SundayMar 25, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayMar 31, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$18USD $711Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$86$729-12%USD $643
- SundayApr 8, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$86$729-12%USD $643
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$86$729-12%USD $643
- SundayApr 22, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$86$729-12%USD $643
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$85$679-13%USD $594
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$85$679-13%USD $594
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$85$679-13%USD $594
- SundayMay 20, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$85$679-13%USD $594
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Marrakesh7 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$84$649-13%USD $565
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Marrakesh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 May 2018 the full payment of $565 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $565 for Imperial Cities, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 215 km
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 118 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 387 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $565 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,083 tours in Africa
- covered by 103 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Imperial Cities via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Imperial Cities