- Our saving
- US $ 690
- Stroll around bustling medinas in Marrakech
- Indulge yourself in local Moroccan cuisine
- Get the perfect shot of the Koutoubia Mosque
- Enjoy Casablanca and all it has to offer
- Rather Poor
- AKAndrewWritten on January 7, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We loved the whole trip. Our guide Adi (Adnane Snoussi) was in particular extremely impressive in his local knowledge and his ability to cater to all three languages spoken by the people in our tour (French, English, and Italian). That might not be for... Read more
- ATAkankshaWritten on November 27, 20181.5 - Rather poor
The guide was absolutely shocking. He threatened us during the tour asking that we leave if we were unhappy. There were extremely limited explanations in English from the tour guide and when we complained to the tour operator halfway through the tour, they... Read moreShow detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Akanksha, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback, this is very much appreciated. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with this tour and in particular your tour guide. We're generally very proud of our tour guides as we know how important they are to the running of the tour and the enjoyment people get out if their trip. So we're upset and sorry that you were not satisfied with the guide on this particular tour. We did receive a number of calls from you whilst you were in Morocco where you expressed your disappointment in the guide and that you mentioned he was not giving enough guidance in English. Our guides in Morocco do give guidance in multiple languages and this is explained within our tour notes. Normally it is English plus one other, but it can sometimes be 3 languages, depending on the final make-up of the group. However, the explanations should always be balanced equally between each language. Following your telephone call we did speak with the guide to ensure he dedicated more time to English guidance and in your next call to us you acknowledged that this had been rectified. Following your further telephone conversations you specifically asked Mariska in our team not to speak further with the guide and therefore we didn't, as you had asked us to handle your feedback in this manner. On the evening out that you are referring to, it is our understanding that the tour guide had arranged for the group to visit a restaurant where transportation was provided. From speaking with the guide we understand that you asked to remain behind later than the rest of the group and therefore we collected you a little later upon your request. We acknowledge that the transfer did arrive slightly later than planned and I am sorry for any worry or inconvenience this caused. However I would note that this was not an included activity and this transfer and out of hours guidance was being provided free of charge to you and your fellow tour mates by the tour guide. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the accommodations provided. As this is one of our Shoestring level tours, we do use lower levels of accommodation than on our other tours. This is intentional, and it is reflected in the price at which the tour is sold. We do give information on all the hotels to be used on our website to be as transparent as possible. For those passengers who are looking for a little more comfort, we do offer the option of upgrading to higher level hotels. Having said all that, the rooms should always be clean and the service friendly. I was very sorry to read of the smoke issues you experienced at one place. While accidents can happen, it's certainly not a good experience if all your clothes were affected as you describe.
- HRHelenWritten on October 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Hadi our tour leader was fun, helpful and friendly. The tour itself was great, the places we visited were wonderful. Our driver was careful and brought us to our destination safe each day. Ibis Casablanca was the best hotel overall and food was fantastic.... Read more
- DWDavidWritten on October 11, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Our guide had to speak in three languages. Too much!! At most, two languages per tour. And each language should get equal reporting
- NnicholasbillintonWritten on October 4, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
not enough english spoken by guide
- LoraWritten on September 26, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Very enjoyable. We stayed at the standard hotels and were happy. They were old but clean. The last day was very long, driving from Fez to Marrakech, but overall it was a nicely done trip. Thanks!
- EDElizabethWritten on July 23, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Some days were a bit long Especially the final return day in the bus in extremely poor roads when pretty exhausted. As a single traveller I would have enjoyed more English speaking travel companions. Adnan was an excellent tour guide however his casual... Read more
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on June 11, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
you get what you paid for
- DDonWritten on June 5, 20183.5 - Good
The tour was a great overview of Morrocco. Would pick a non-mixed language tour tour next time, as we were the only 2 people on the tour that did not speak French, and felt a little excluded in conversation and discussion.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Don, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you felt this was a great overview of Morocco. Thank you for the great star ratings, I'm pleased to see that you were happy with the accommodations and guiding provided. However, I'm sorry to learn that you weren't entirely happy with the multi-lingual concept used on this tour. We do explain this within our trip notes and in general we do find that it works pretty well and allows us to continue offering budget tours in Morocco. I think on your departure it was unfortunate and unlucky that you were the only 2 English speakers. This is certainly not normally the case as while there are often some French or Italian speakers in the group, the majority of these speak English too and its very rare that we only have one couple like yourselves speaking English on a particular date. So, I am sorry for any impact you had on your enjoyment of the trip. Thank you again for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and for choosing to travel with us in Morocco.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 26, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
DO NOT pick this tour if a solo traveller who speaks only English. I was with 2 lovely French couples who spoke not much English and I no French and 5 of 6 nights I was in a separate hotel. I emailed Tour Radar 3 days ago to complain and have yet to receive... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Marrakech. Transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Marrakech, Majorelle and Menara Gardens, Palmerie area
- Day 3: Marrakech, city tour
- Day 4: Marrakech to Casablanca
- Day 5: Casablanca to Fez via Rabat and Meknes
- Day 6: Fez, city tour
- Day 7: To Marrakech via Beni Mellal
- Day 8: Marrakech, free time, transfer to airport for departure
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Where and when does the tour start?
The tour starts in Marrakech. Upon your arrival, you will be met by a tour operator representative and transferred to your accommodation. Day 1 is an arrivals day so you're free to spend the rest of the day relaxing and exploring!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
This tour includes a 24-hour transfer service on the first day and the last day of the tour, so you don't have to worry about a thing from the moment you touch down. If you have booked pre/post tour accommodation through us then we can book your transfers, however, they won't be included in the tour cost.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Proud to realize and say we built pyramids "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Codi28th September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayJan 26, 2019to Marrakesh0 seats left$29USD $690Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayApr 6, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Marrakesh8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$29USD $690
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Marrakesh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 March 2019 the full payment of $690 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $690 for Imperial Cities, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 215 km
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 118 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 387 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $690 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,326 tours in Africa
- covered by 224 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Imperial Cities via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Imperial Cities