Road to Jordan - 15 days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,424
- Admire the Great Pyramids of Giza
- Cruise the Nile on a traditional Felucca
- Swim and snorkel in the Red Sea
- Visit the Rose City of Petra
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat
- Rather Poor
- MMichelleWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWaleed Kamouna was fabulous. Intelligent and with a gift of sharing information through storytelling- I learned so much which enhanced my trip. Not to mention the care he puts in to all people to ensure all are safe, happy and having fun.Show detailed ratings
- HPHelenWritten on October 21, 20174.0 - GoodWhat a fast-paced trip! I did so much during these two weeks - riding a camel at the Pyramids, swimming in the River Nile, hot air ballooning over the Valley of the Kings (optional), snorkelling in the Red Sea (optional), sleeping under the stars in Wadi Rum, and floating in the Dead Sea. That's eithout even mentioning all of the temples, historical sites and evenings sitting in local cafes. Momo was our guide in Egypt. He's brilliant, very knowledgable and passionate about his country and its history. He's a qualified Egyptologist as well so really knows his stuff. We had a group of 16 in Egypt. Hotels were decent and this part of the tour was packed with lots of temples and some long travel days, but there's no real way around that. Many of the group disliked the overnight sleeper train but I thought it was fine. Small, two-person cabins with a bunk bed and sink. A bit tight with the luggage but not too bad and certainly much better than the sleeper train I used in India! We all opted to do the Abu Simbel excursion and despite the long drive to get there, we all agreed that it was thoroughly worth it - so impressive. I also did the hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings which was excellent and I would recommend. The felucca was really relaxing and comfortable (with the exception of the pillows which were rock hard - bring an inflatable pillow). You sleep on deck on the mattresses and there's a support boat where you eat and can use the toilet. The felucca and the days in Hurgada are necessary to relax a bit from the busy pace of the tour. In Hurgada I did an optional full day snorkelling trip which was really good, but a half day would also have worked. It took a long time because the boat has to travel to a couple of different dive sites at reefs. The travel day from Hurgada to Amman is a really long day. We left Hurgada at 4am and arrived at our hotel in Wadi Musa (for Petra) at 11pm. You have to book the Cairo-Amman flight yourself, it's not included. I booked it about 6 months ahead and it cost me £150. In Jordan our guide was Ogla who was good as well. Petra was incredible - definitely worth going back on the second day as you won't have time to do everything in one day. The walk up to the Monastery is well worth doing for some stunning views. It was my birthday that day and Ogla arranged a cake for me at dinner, courtesy of On The Go Tours. He also bought me a scarf the following day as a gift which was an unexpected and lovely gesture. Wadi Rum was fantastic and I took advantage of the opportunity to skip the tents (which looked comfortable - more of a glamping tent) and sleep out under the stars at our Bedouin camp, Rainbow Camp, under an incredible blanket of stars. The food was great and there was a Bedouin musician as well. The toilets there were the best we saw anywhere despite being out in the desert! The optional canyoning at Wadi Mujib (seasonal) was enormous fun. You'll need to be confident in the water (you do get a life jacket but no helmet) and have some physical strength to wade against the current and use ropes to help you clamber over rocks. I felt safe at all times in both countries so don't let fears put you off. Do be aware that not everyone on the tour will be doing Road to Jordan. Of my initial group in Egypt, 6 were only doing Egypt and 10 went on to Jordan. In Jordan we joined 12 new people who had already been in Jordan for varying lengths of time as they were on different tours as well. Following Jordan, several of our original 16 went on to Israel as they were on the Pyramids, Petra and Promised Land tour.Show detailed ratings
- JorgeWritten on June 9, 20174.0 - GoodEverything I saw was beyond my imagination. My highlight? Everything. I rode horse, donkey and camel. I swan in the Nile River, Red Sea and Dead Sea. I did felucca. I did crusier (highlight). I did scuba diving in the Red Sea (Hurghada). I drove speed boat (Hurghada). I did sandboard (Wadi Rum). I did Hot Air Ballon in Luxor (highlight). Every temple blowed my senses. The food was magnificent. Egypt and Jordania are as safe as NYC or Bangkok or Tokyo or London or Paris or Lima. I always felt safe. On The Go tour guides were amazing. I will definitely will book with them in 2018 for another adventureShow detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Jorge, Thank you for taking the time to write about your amazing experiences in both Egypt and Jordan. We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time and you found both Egypt and Jordan to be very safe. We look forward to welcoming you onto another tour with us in the future. Don't forget - you're now entitled to your repeat passenger discount! Best regards, On The Go Tours
- MRMichalWritten on January 9, 20173.0 - AverageI have had fantastic travel experiences with Exodus and GAD; I decided to try On the Go because their dates worked better for me and I wanted the luxury hotels they said they offered. Though the itinerary (for the most part) was excellent, and the guides were fantastic, the London office is clearly ripping off the local suppliers and guests. The Petra Guest House had a great location, but the lodging for the trip was not luxury; only the Sonestra in Luxor had a heated pool, only one hotel had a stocked fridge, and only one hotel even had lotion among the toiletries. Other guests expressed their disappointment along the way, but we had been moving so fast, that it hadn't mattered to me (I had even accepted the cold showers in Cairo). I had accepted that OTG had simply found the best they could, given the region, until we went to the Dead Sea. Our hotel (Dead Sea Spa) had no jacuzzi, no heated pool; there was garbage on the beach and old barbed wire. There were no chairs by the unheated pool and the chairs at the beach were splintered and without cushions. The shade structures were tattered. We went down the beach to the Marriott and saw what was possible, what we thought we had paid for. All the other days we had been out and about so it didn't matter, but this was supposed to be our final spa day, rest after two weeks of continual movement, and we were stuck in a ghost hotel with cold pools that were all set up for children, anyway. The Marriott heated their main pool and jacuzzis with views of the sea. When one of us shared our disappointment with Mark, he said no one had ever complained; we could move at our own expense. Of course no one had complained! The guide insisted we fill out the evaluation form before we even saw our rooms and the grounds of this final hotel. If there is some way you can contact the local On the Go local company, do so. Everyone involved from guides to drivers was fantastic. (Though even there we met others traveling with OTG who did not have a good guide.) The trip itself was fantastic due to the enthusiasm and expertise of Alam in Egypt and Osama in Jordan. My only complaint is that I probably ended up paying $1,000 more than what I would have with Exodus and GAD, for hotels that charged $34-107 per night. Lesson learned; I will not be traveling with OTG again.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Ms Reed, Thank you for your feedback which we have passed to our Egyptian and Jordanian Product teams for review. Should you wish to write further please do not hesitate to do so via email@example.com. This will then passed to our Customer Care team who will fully investigate and respond directly to you. Regards, On The Go Tours
- NBNealWritten on October 31, 20164.0 - GoodThe Egyptian part of the tour with our guide Dino was incredible!! Dino is a valuable asset to On the Go Tours. The Jordanian part of the tour was enjoyable but Egypt was awesome!!!Show detailed ratings
- KSKateWritten on December 31, 20154.5 - ExcellentGreat tour, good paceShow detailed ratings
- MMargWritten on December 31, 20155.0 - ExcellentProfessional, comfortable, incredibleShow detailed ratings
- EEmmaWritten on December 31, 20155.0 - ExcellentOn the Go do Jordan the absolute best. Tour guide Ogla was voted tour guide of the year. I especially appreciated the time he spent in his free tine showing us cool places to go in Amman but also i did tailor made tpuring and he helped my friend and i experience something thatwill be with me my whole life - a truly life affirming moment. Additionally Wadi Rum was in such style and Petra was visited 3 times in uniquely different ways. He had a 70 year old man with Parkinsons and a 22 year old within our group of 16 and we all got along like gold. OTG facilitated an amazing experience.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Pyramids & Saqqara
- Day 3: Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel
- Day 5: Felucca Sailing & Kom Ombo
- Day 6: Edfu Temple & Luxor
- Day 7: Valley of the Kings
- Day 8: Red Sea R&R
- Day 10: Egyptian Museum & fly to Jordan
- Day 11: The Rose City of Petra
- Day 12: Petra & Wadi Rum Desert
- Day 13: Crusader Castles, Wadi Mujib Canyoning & the Dead Sea
- Day 14: Dead Sea Free Time
- Day 15: Dead Sea - Amman Airport
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 22, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "Road to Jordan" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Oasis Hotel, Cairo
- Helnan Aswan, Aswan
- Felucca Cruise, Felucca Cruise
- Steigenberger Nile Palace, Luxor
- Sonesta St. George Hotel, Luxor
- Marriott Beach Resort, Hurghada
- Continental Hotel, Hurghada
- Petra Moon Hotel, Petra
- Rainbow Camp, Wadi Rum
- Holiday Inn Resort, Dead Sea
- February 1, 2017
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Robert19th January 2018
Road to Jordan - 15 days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Amman6 seats left$108USD $2,587Based on Double Room
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Amman7 seats left$108USD $2,587Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$101USD $2,424Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Amman7 seats left$101USD $2,424Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$101USD $2,424Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$101USD $2,424Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$101USD $2,424Based on Double Room
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Amman6 seats left$101USD $2,424Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Amman10+ seats left$108USD $2,587Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairo15 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Amman6 seats left$108USD $2,587Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt and Jordan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Jordan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Cairo is the starting point and Amman is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 May 2018 the full payment of $2,424 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2424 for Road to Jordan - 15 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 362 km
- Dahab (Egypt)
- 126 km
- Aqaba (Jordan)
- 98 km
- Petra (Jordan)
- 82 km
- Wadi Rum (Jordan)
- 269 km
- Amman (Jordan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,424 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,080 tours in Africa
- covered by 103 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Road to Jordan - 15 days