Antarctica & Islands
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 30 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 12,832
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Carcass Island
- Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)
Start in Carcass Island and end in Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)! With the polar / arctic / antartica cruise tour Antarctica & Islands, you have a 20 day tour package taking you through Carcass Island, Falkland Islands and 12 other destinations. Antarctica & Islands includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Other reviews about Encounters Travel:Write a review
- Veena Lawrence's review about another Encounters Travel tour4.0 - GoodWe were not given accurate information by Encounters Travel. While this was being resolved, my parents experienced harassment and... Read more
- Shanthi Sivananthan's review about another Encounters Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentThe tour was very good and covered most of the sights that I wanted to see. The City tour on day 2 was only for half day... Read more
- Shanthi Sivananthan's review about another Encounters Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentThe tour was compact and very well organised. The locations were ideal and beautiful with lovely hotels (Hotel Europa, ... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Ushuaia, transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Afternoon board expedition vessel
- Day 3: At sea, en-route to the Falkland Islands
- Day 4: On the Falkland Islands
- Day 5: Port Stanley
- Day 6: On our way to South Georgia
- Day 7: On our way to South Georgia
- Day 8: South Georgia
- Day 8: we arrive at our first landing site in South Georgia. We might visit the bay of Elsehul, with its very active fur seal breeding beach.
- Day 9: South Georgia
- Day 10: South Georgia
- Day 11: South Georgia
- Day 12: At sea
- Day 13: South Orkney Islands, we plan a visit to Orcadas station
- Day 14: At sea towards Antarctica
- Day 15: Antarctic Peninsula
- Day 16: Antarctic Peninsula
- Day 17: Antarctic Peninsula
- Day 18: At sea en-route to Ushuaia
- Day 19: At sea en-route to Ushuaia
- Day 20: We disembark our expedition vessel in Ushuaia
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Antarctica & Islands
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Carcass Island20 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)10+ seats left$397USD $12,832
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Carcass Island20 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)10+ seats left$426USD $13,763
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Carcass Island20 DaysThursdayJan 10, 2019to Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)10+ seats left$426USD $13,763
- WednesdayJan 9, 2019from Carcass Island20 DaysMondayJan 28, 2019to Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)10+ seats left$487USD $15,762
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Carcass Island20 DaysThursdayMar 7, 2019to Fortuna Bay (South Georgia)10+ seats left$463USD $14,976
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- PoundFalkland Islands
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Falkland Islands and Argentina. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Falkland Islands and Argentina. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Carcass Island is the starting point and Fortuna Bay (South Georgia) is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $12,832 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $12832 for Antarctica & Islands, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 9,063 km.
- Carcass Island (Falkland Islands)
- 648 km
- Ushuaia (Argentina)
- 19 km
- Tierra del Fuego National Park (Argentina)
- 2,010 km
- Prion Island (Argentina)
- 38 km
- Stromness (Argentina)
- 881 km
- South Orkney Islands (Argentina)
- 1,402 km
- Antarctic Peninsula (Argentina)
- 1,741 km
- Ushuaia (Argentina)
- 775 km
- Stanley (Falkland Islands)
- 1,379 km
- Right Whale Bay (Falkland Islands)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $12,832 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,241 tours in Latin America
- covered by 102 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Antarctica & Islands via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4,018 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Latin America tours