Felucca Odyssey & Dahab
Save $526 until Sep 26
ends in 33:00:58
- Our saving
- US $ 432
+ $210 Local Payment
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Isaac "My trip to Egypt was amazing, and the guides that accompanied the group as we went around the country even more so. Sam was incredibly knowledgeable about everything from the history of the temples to where to find the best souvenirs, and was really upbeat and positive the whole time. He kept us all interested, entertained and happy throughout the trip. A great guide! Once I got across to Dahab, a..."
- +7 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Take in the stunning sights along the Nile
- Hunt for lost treasures in the Cairo markets
- Explore Egypt's ancient temples
- Relax in the cool waters of Dahab
- Rather Poor
- LBLisaWritten on September 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe sites we visited were good highlights of Egypt’s history. Time on the felucca was so fun and relaxing! Dahab was wonderful - the snorkeling was better than Hawaii. I don’t think it would have been the same without our guide, Sam. He has a wealth of information to share - and cooked up some delicious favs beans on the felucca!Show detailed ratings
- RRuthCrespinWritten on August 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentSameh is an amazingly experienced, knowledgeable and entertaining tour leader. Our group felt so safe being under his guidance, we all learnt so much from him but more importantly we had so much fun!Show detailed ratings
- JillianWritten on August 23, 20182.0 - Rather poorI was disappointed with my tour. I had high expectations for this tour based on the itinerary and good reviews. However, the tour did not go based on what I expected. I did the Felucca Odyssey and Dahab Explorer tour. Hotels: The itinerary stated we would stay at 4 and 5 star hotels, however, these are based on Egyptian standards, which is a third-world country. They are old and are a 2-3 star by American standards. They were fine, just I felt like this was misleading advertising. Guide: My other big issue was a lack of communication from the tour guide. Our guide didn't communicate with us very well, as far as what to expect for certain things and what to prepare for. The main issue for this one was that when we had long bus rides ahead he didn't tell us that we would have frequent security stops, but only one rest stop and that it would be at a very rough truck stop with deplorable bathroom conditions. And by this I mean two hole in the ground toilets, and one toilet. None of which had paper or soap. We also didn't get time to purchase food or snacks prior to this ride and the truck stop only sold junk food. I also felt that he didn't always have the best time management for our large group of 30 people. We one day wasted time letting 10 people use 1 ATM, and everyone else waited on the bus. We also only got to spend 1.5 hour to shop in the market, and I had been really looking forward to that, but that's how it is when you're on a tour sometimes. TravelTalk the Company: The website also advertises an average size of 25-30 people. Our group was actually 50 people who were on 3 of the different tour itineraries. I thought it was really disappointing that travel talk separated 12 people out of this group (randomly) who go their own small bus and their own tour guide. Being a smaller group allows you to waste less time waiting for everyone to get rounded up. It was also difficult being in a large group of 30 trying to listen to our guide explain the sites. My biggest problem with this tour was the situation with the bus rides. Based on the itinerary, I knew there were going to be a total of three 9hr bus rides. However the itinerary online would describe these as "leaving early in the morning" when they mean 12am, which is actually an overnight bus. To me, early in the morning means 5 or 6 am.... To me an overnight bus is a miserable experience. Fortunately, after the first bus ride ( 10 hrs overnight leaving Cairo at 1700 and arriving at our hotel at 3am, only to need to leave it 6 hrs later at 9am!) I got wise to how travel talk operates, and I arranged via my tour guide for flights and transportation to and from the airports to our hotel so I could skip the remaining two bus rides. I was very glad I was able to do that because otherwise it would have ruined parts of my trip. So I will give my guide and traveltalk and thumbs up for making that happen for me. One suggestion for them, they do have you pay up front for optional activities, such as a hot air balloon ride. It would be nice if you could pay for your entrances to the temples at that time. It's about $5 for each one, so $50 total if you go to all 10 of them. It's just annoying to keep having to shell out the cash every time you are on the bus. All the complaining aside, I did enjoy seeing the sites of ancient Egypt. I really enjoyed the people I did meet on my tour. I just wanted to put all of my experience out there so people have a more realistic expectation of what to expect, since I was quite taken aback. I've done tours with Contiki, TopDeck and G-Adventures, and I had much better experiences with these companies (accurate itinerary, expectations and better tour guides). They all offer tours in Egypt, so I would recommend that people go with one of these companies instead of TravelTalk.Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Jillian, thank you for your feedback, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. If you could please send your full query to our Customer Service team on email@example.com , one of our Customer Service rep will be able to look into the points you have brought up.
- BBrittanyWritten on July 18, 20184.0 - GoodSam made everything run smoothly and had quality banter with us allShow detailed ratings
- KMKrystalWritten on April 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Felucca and the peopleShow detailed ratings
- GGaelleWritten on December 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentI don't usually join group tours so was not sure what to expect. Our guide Mostafa was excellent, fun, extremely knowledgeable and super reactive when needed. We visited everything on the itinerary and always on time. Fantastic organization throughout the tour. Felucca was fun even though we got really unlucky (too much wind to sail); hotels were fantastic, food was good. Literally impossible to pack more visits/information within 11 days! Wished I could do it all over again!Show detailed ratings
- EEllenWritten on October 26, 20164.5 - ExcellentI was lucky enough to do a felucca odyssey trip with travel talk earlier this month with Sameh. The trip far surpassed my expectations and I didn't know it was possible to cram that much information about ancient Egypt into my brain. Sameh was passionate about his country and very knowledgable but gave the information slowly and in a way that was easy to understand and interesting. Most of the hotels were awesome the only complaint being the Cairo hotel. I have already recommended this tour to several people. Ending in Dahab was the perfect way to wind down and chill out. Looking forward to returning to Egypt one day.Show detailed ratings
- IJIsaacWritten on March 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy trip to Egypt was amazing, and the guides that accompanied the group as we went around the country even more so. Sam was incredibly knowledgeable about everything from the history of the temples to where to find the best souvenirs, and was really upbeat and positive the whole time. He kept us all interested, entertained and happy throughout the trip. A great guide! Once I got across to Dahab, and the trip really shifted down into relaxation mode, Fathi was the best for that environment. From casually deciding what time we wanted to meet in the morning to letting us pick when, where, and how we did the activities on the Red Sea, he really helped us to get the most out of the week. He'd give us tips or advice on what to do, but still be more than happy to come along to the beach if we just wanted to chill out and have a coffee. Overall, a great two guides for a spectacular time in Egypt!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo City Tour, Luxor
- Day 3: Luxor, Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan, Felucca Cruise
- Day 5: Felucca Cruise on the Nile
- Day 6: Felucca cruise on the Nile, Edfu, Komombo, Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor, Cairo
- Day 8: Cairo City Tour
- Day 9: Cairo, Nuweiba, Dahab
- Day 10: Dahab
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey every one. Iam Sameh or Sam as my friends call me. Am qualified egyptoligist tour guide who loves..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Felucca Odyssey & Dahab
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Dahab10+ seats left$22USD $536+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Dahab10+ seats left$388$958-40%USD $570+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Dahab10+ seats left$22USD $536+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to Dahab10+ seats left$388$958-40%USD $570+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayDec 3, 2018to Dahab10+ seats left$22USD $536+ $210 Local Payment
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Cairo10 DaysThursdayDec 27, 2018to Dahab10+ seats left$420$1,038-40%USD $618+ $210 Local Payment
- MondayDec 24, 2018from Cairo10 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to Dahab10+ seats left$420$1,038-40%USD $618+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 12, 2019from Cairo10 DaysMondayJan 21, 2019to Dahab10+ seats left$526$958-55%USD $432+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 26, 2019from Cairo10 DaysMondayFeb 4, 2019to Dahab10+ seats left$526$958-55%USD $432+ $210 Local Payment
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from Cairo10 DaysMondayFeb 18, 2019to Dahab10+ seats left$526$958-55%USD $432+ $210 Local Payment
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Cairo is the starting point and Dahab is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $432 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $432 for Felucca Odyssey & Dahab, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,883 km.
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 99 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 135 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 352 km
- Nuweiba (Egypt)
- 56 km
- Dahab (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $432 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,530 tours in Africa
- covered by 140 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Felucca Odyssey & Dahab via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Felucca Odyssey & Dahab