Japan - The Nakasendo: Kyoto to Tokyo Self-guided Walking Tour (from Kyoto to Tokyo)
Other reviews about Pure Adventures:Write a review
- Leigh Lewis's review about another Pure Adventures tour5.0 - ExcellentWe recently went to Vietnam and Cambodia with Pure Adventures. Loren and his guides set up an incredible bicycle tour through these... Read more
- David Blake's review about another Pure Adventures tour5.0 - ExcellentIt was a wonderful trip and tour. From start to finish, the logistics were great, the guides friendly and accommodating,... Read more
- BarbaraMitchell's review about another Pure Adventures tour4.5 - ExcellentWe had plenty of good information from Pure Adventures with detailed maps and walking instructions, a great itinerary, lots... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Kyoto
- Day 2: Sightseeing in Kyoto
- Day 3: Sightseeing in Kyoto
- Day 4: Nakasendo Day 1 - transfer to Magome and walk to Tsumago
- Day 5: Nakasendo Day 2 - Tsumago to Nojiri
- Day 6: Nakasendo Day 3 - Yabuhara to Narai
- Day 7: Nakasendo Day 4 - Narai to Hirasawa
- Day 8: Nakasendo Day 5 - Karuizawa to Yokokawa and by train to Tokyo
- Day 9: Tokyo
- Day 10
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
What are the approximate walking distances?
The Nakasendo: Kyoto to Tokyo Self-guided Walking Tour.
Day 1 - Your tour begins with your arrival at your hotel or ryokan in Kyoto
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kyoto - You are with a personal guide, so today it is up to you as to how much you would like to walk
Day 3 - Another day in Kyoto to explore the city’s riches. Or travel by train to the older capital city of Nara – there are regular Japan Railways departures from Kyoto to Nara. - So again, up to you as to how much walking you would like to do.
Day 4 - Nakasendo Day 1 - transfer to Magome and walk to Tsumago - Walking distance: 8.3km / 5.2 miles Elevation gain: 326m / 1,069 feet of ascent and 430m / 1,410 feet of descent Time required: About 3 hours
Day 5 - Nakasendo Day 2 - Tsumago to Nojiri - Walking distance: 18.4km/ 11.5 miles Elevation gain: 723m / 2,275 feet of ascent and 644m / 2,112 feet of descent Time required: About 6 hours Shorter option: Walking distance: 3.7km / 2.3 miles
- April 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please contact us to arrange this.
- April 1, 2016
Can you cater a gluten free diet meal?
Yes, we can accommodate gluten free meals.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Japan - The Nakasendo: Kyoto to Tokyo Self-guided Walking Tour (from Kyoto to Tokyo), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 36 km
- Nara (Japan)
- 115 km
- Nagoya (Japan)
- 71 km
- Magome (Japan)
- 6 km
- Tsumago (Japan)
- 11 km
- Nojiri (Japan)
- 36 km
- Narai (Japan)
- 85 km
- Karuizawa (Japan)
- 61 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 149 km
- Hirasawa (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,574 tours in Asia
- covered by 194 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan - The Nakasendo: Kyoto to Tokyo Self-guided Walking Tour (from Kyoto to Tokyo) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 26,647 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours