Amsterdam and Bruges - from London
- Our saving
- US $ 249
- Discover the city of Amsterdam
- See the famous Red Light District
- Learn how clogs are made
- Taste fresh Edam and Gouda cheese
- Age range
- 10 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- ECElizabethWritten on November 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentOmar did a great job! Such a helpful and friendly guide!Show detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewThank you Elizabeth! We hope you had a pleasant journey back to Costa Rica after the tour and it was a pleasure having you on board!
- KCKatherineWritten on November 1, 20173.0 - AverageAmsterdam and Brugge were amazing but the tour itself was not ideal. Before arriving to the trip, we were confused as to how we were getting there as the information said "by ferry or eurostar." When we got on the bus, we were told that we were going to be sleeping on the bus as it would take us to Amsterdam by morning. This would have been alright if we were told beforehand specifically that we were going to be sleeping on the bus, but we were not given that. Therefore, I had to sleep on a bus in jeans with makeup on and it was the worst sleep I have ever gotten. Therefore, keep that in mind before you go on the tour that you will not be given accommodations the first night at all and to plan accordingly. I understand that the email says that 1 night of accommodation is given, but I really would have appreciated if I was told specifically how we were getting there. Other than this, the tour was great and our guide, Omar was amazing (although our first guide who we had for the first hour was quite rude). My only other complaint is how little time we had in Brugge, but what can you do? Thanks!Show detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewDear Katherine, Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry it was not made clearer that the tour to Amsterdam involved an overnight coach journey. Just to clarify, we have not stated anywhere that we include the Eurostar as a mode of transport and only Coach and Eurotunnel/Ferry is included as stated on the tour description. We understand that travelling overnight is uncomfortable but necessary to maximise the time spent in Amsterdam over a weekend while keeping the price as affordable as possible. This is why we always ensure that we use the most comfortable coaches we can find - on this trip it was less than 1 year old with leather reclining seats and great leg room. Also, thank you for the feedback about the guides, we shall pass it on!
- RSRachelWritten on October 31, 20172.5 - AverageThe trip was not well organised and not enough information was ever given which left everyone confused. The first night you have to sleep on a bus to Amsterdam. There are no plugs on the bus to charge your phone and it was freezing the entire ride. Then whenever we had a meeting time people would be late and we would have to wait around for a long time. The tour guide should have made the times stricter so the people who were actually on time did not have to wait around. Further, we only had about two hours in Bruges so it felt extremely rushed. The tour should leave Amsterdam earlier so we get to Bruges earlier. Lastly, on Sunday morning we paid to go to the cheese and clog making village in Amsterdam which was 30 pounds. This was a waste of money because everything was free to do at the village so I have no idea what the money we spent went to. Overall, I would never book again with this company and am not happy with the tour.Show detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewDear Rachel, We're sorry that the tour to Amsterdam left this impression on you, however we feel it is important to clarify some of the points you mentioned. We provide on all our tours a 4-sided A4 pamphlet with: a timed itinerary for all three days, whats included, hotel information, guide telephone number and map of both Amsterdam and Bruges plus a few suggestions on where to go. The guide went through the itinerary each day and asked if someone didn't understand to please contact him. The tour is described as a Friday evening departure with an arrival to Amsterdam early Saturday morning and one night accommodation at a hotel, Eurotunnel or Ferry crossing and returning on Sunday evening - there is clearly an overnight travel to Amsterdam by coach. We don't have plugs or WiFi service on our coaches, it is never stated on our tour description. There are many other tours on TourRadar that do state such services and its normally reflected on their prices that usually, double ours. It is worth mentioning that the coach we travelled on was less than 1 year old with leather reclining seats and better than average leg-room. The heating was adjusted as requested by you by text message to the tour guide. If further adjustment needed to be done, it could have been easily resolved by communicating to the guide again. We only recieved two requests about the temperature - one which was yours and we adjusted it each time and didn't hear any further requests. Unfortunately during a tour people sometimes get lost and therefore arrive late. We have taken into account when organising our itineraries: lateness, traffic, weather conditions, etc. Therefore any lateness of less than 30 minutes does not affect our itinerary and, during this trip in particular, it never got to be that long. In Bruges, we try hard to avoid leaving people as it's the last leg of our tour and we have their luggage and possibly their passport on the coach. I am sorry you feel it was needed to leave people stranded in Bruges instead of waiting a further 25 minutes. The optional tour paid by you as per our records was of €25 which it does not translate to £30. There is no obligation in joining our optional tours and most tour companies offer Zaanse Schans as an optional for more than what you paid. The coach arrived in Bruges at 15:15hrs and departed at 18:25hrs which gave us a 3 hours stay in Bruges with 1hr and 50 minutes free time (not counting walking tour and waiting 25 minutes). Therefore your statement of 2 hours is not accurately portrayed. We would like to point out that we are a small local, family-owned tour company and not a large corporation. We provide tours at budget prices making it affordable for people to travel abroad over a weekend whilst providing the best quality coach, accommodation and guide possible. These larger tour operators may offer the services you expect but for approximately £300 - not the £156 you paid. We are genuinely sorry that you felt the tour to be of bad value, but would have appreciated an email giving this feedback rather than a negative review. Especially because it gives inaccurate facts about our tour and an expectation us to leave people stranded in a foreign country if they cause a small delay. Kindest Regards, Indigo Team
- MSMinkeshWritten on May 31, 20174.0 - GoodIt was a good trip overall. Will definitely go on other trip. Omar was good and really helpfulShow detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewHi Minkesh! Thanks very much for the great review and we're so happy you had a good time!
- LadyPoshWritten on January 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had a fabulous time....the tour guide Karlene did a fantastic job! Will be booking more tours with you guysShow detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your review Lathera! We will tell Karleen you enjoyed the tour! :) Hope to see you again soon!
- JFJeenathWritten on November 1, 20164.0 - GoodI am satisfied with the tour, guide was very friendly , helpful, and gave good guidance to travel around. I ll definitely will book again. Thanks .Show detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewThank Jeenath for your review! It's great to know you enjoyed your tour and travel again with us! :) We hope to see you soon :)
- AKAashimaWritten on June 14, 20164.0 - GoodThe trip was more than I expected. Karleen was super awesome. Fantastic tour!Show detailed ratingsIndigo Travel commented on this reviewHello Aashima! Thank you very much for your review! We will let know Karleen about your feedback! :) We hope to see you soon!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
I want to travel from Leeds. Is there any pick up point there?
Unfortunately we don't have a pick point in Leeds.
Our departure points are:
- April 1, 2017
Can we book on this tour but leave in Amsterdam rather than returning to the UK?
It's no problem to leave the tour in Amsterdam, you will unfortunately miss the Bruges part of the trip though, but it's ok to leave in Bruges too.
- April 1, 2017
What are the inclusions?
- Guided walking tour of Amsterdam city centre
- Guided walking tour of the medieval city of Bruges
- 1 night accommodation in triple* room with private en-suite facilities.
- Modern executive coach with heating, reclining seats, TV with DVD for movies and toilet
- 1 breakfast
- Services of an experience tour guide
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey guys! Im from South Africa Cape Town and but now Im living in good Old London town! Travelling is..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Johanna30th January 2018
Amsterdam and Bruges - from London
- FridayMay 4, 2018from London3 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to London10+ seats left$10USD $249
- FridayJun 22, 2018from London3 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to London10+ seats left$10USD $249
- FridayJul 13, 2018from London3 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to London10+ seats left$10USD $249
- FridayJul 27, 2018from London3 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to London10+ seats left$10USD $249
- FridayOct 26, 2018from London3 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to London10+ seats left$10USD $249
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Indigo Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 June 2018 the full payment of $249 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $249 for Amsterdam and Bruges - from London, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Indigo Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Indigo Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 152 km
- Calais (France)
- 262 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 173 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 100 km
- Calais (France)
- 152 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $249 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Amsterdam and Bruges - from London via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Amsterdam and Bruges - from London