- Our saving
- US $ 2,974
- Experience all the South Shore offers
- Visit Skaftafell National Park
- Discover the Skógafoss Waterfall
- Explore Reykjavík
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- PMPhyllisWritten on May 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentKnowledgeable guidesShow detailed ratings
- JWJamesWritten on December 16, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was a good short tour to introduce you to Iceland. Itinerary: The pace of the tour was good and it felt like we used our limited sunlight in December to good effect. The natural elements of Iceland were my primary reason for coming but I enjoyed almost all the included activities (e.g. Greenhouse, cultural museum, geothermal plant). I would consider dropping the "Thorbergur Cultural Heritage Museum and Local Meal" activity at Skaftafell and replacing it with something else. This was not an interesting stop for me and I would have much preferred to have a meal from a different place included (i.e. Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon hotel). Guide / CEO: Our guide / CEO Jonas was fantastic. He was friendly, knowledgable, entertaining and passionate about Iceland. He really went out of his way to make sure we had a good time (getting up at 1am to do northern lights checks then waking us up if any activity was occurring) and knew what to expect. He seemed to have good relationships with all the places we stopped as well. We were lucky to have really good weather for most of the trip and on the one occasion weather impacted our plans Jonas was sure to explain the issue and what was being done to mitigate. Comfort: The hotels we stayed in were excellent and very comfortable and the tour bus had plenty of room for our small group. I didn't realise this was a "comfort" level tour when I booked so the hotels were a very pleasant surprise for me. Great experience overall and I'll be sure to come back in summer soon.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Reykjavik
- Day 2 Reykjavík/Golden Circle/Selfoss (1B, 1L)
- Day 3 Selfoss/Vik (1B)
- Day 4 Vik/Skaftafell (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Skaftafell (1B)
- Day 6 Skaftafell/Reykjavik (1B)
- Day 7 Reykjavik (1B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 5, 2016
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis as they are also referred to are one of the many natural wonders of the world and are a natural phenomenon
As a naturally occurring phenomenon, the appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. So much is dependent on solar activity, we can accurately predict neither when they will occur nor how frequently.
Every endeavour will be made on this trip to see the Northern Lights, if it is the correct time of year to see the lights however this is not guaranteed.
- September 1, 2016
What is the best time to join this tour and get to see the Northern Lights?
The Northern Lights are visible under dark skies between the months of September to April, preferably under a clear, cloudless sky. Usually, they may be seen between 5pm and 2am.
- May 1, 2016
I'm a solo traveller, is there a surcharge?
Solo travellers need to pay for the single supplement.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$82USD $3,299
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$87USD $3,499
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat left$87USD $3,499
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat left$89USD $3,549
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$89USD $3,549
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to Reykjavik9 seats left$608$3,549-15%USD $3,017
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Reykjavik9 seats left$599$3,499-15%USD $2,974
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Reykjavik5 seats left$82USD $3,299
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Reykjavik5 seats left$77USD $3,099
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$77USD $3,099
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 July 2018 the full payment of $2,974 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2974 for Explore Iceland, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Selfoss (Iceland)
- 114 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,974 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Explore Iceland