Italy - Tuscany Wine & History
The Great Escape Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 58:03:43
- Our saving
- US $ 1,498
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Rather Poor
- RCRobWritten on October 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentEnrico was our guide, and was early, and very thorough on all facets of the Tuscany Wine & History tour.Show detailed ratings
- JPJulietaWritten on May 26, 20174.0 - GoodThe transportation was great we had some really fun nice men. They always loaded our bags safely and made sure that our fragile items were well taken care of. The men took great care of my computor and wine. Upon arrival day the bikes were not correct at all our Greeter Daniel worked tiredlessly till night time until we had the right bikes for all the women. The size of the frames were wrong. We are bike experts and it was a dissapointment. Daniel gets an A+ for working way late until the bike mechanic brought the proper size frames. I believe we had 4 out of the 8 bikes incorrect. We needed more medium sized frames and we had all smalls. We know bikes we bike all summer in Jackson Hole. You don't have to be a bike expert to read weight and height and get the bike sizes correct. The hotels truely varied from a hostel situation to nice hotels. I wasn't that impressed with the Hotel Dei Capetini. That hotel may have more to offer in the summer but 3 beds in one room right next door to the busiest road didn't work. I have to say that every woman compained about that hotel. It seemed like I had stayed in nicer hostels than that hotel. The only good thing they had going for them was a nice receptionist named Martina. Other that that Martina should go get a new job and run for a nicer hotel to work at before her dreams die. The third bed in each room was a child like pullout. I am 4'11 and still felt like the bed was too small. It was really the worst part of the trip was that place. We got over it at the next hotel but I will be writing them a bad review. They were completly ill prepared for us and I could tell that everyone else staying there was unhappy too. It felt like cars were going to drive right through our widow straight for my head. I firmly believe that Pure Adventures needs to take that hotel out of the trip. To be honest I felt a bit robbed even staying there for 1 night. I thought the GPS was a joke. I'm not sure what year the Garmin is but there has got to be a better way to make sure that the Pure Adventures guests go the right way. Perhaps an app would work better. Even the glare on the Garmin was impossible to read. I found that trying to teach 7 women in their 60's about a crappy GPS is not a good idea. I had many good times on this trip so I don't wait to keep on hammering on about the bad times. I'd just say that this trip could be so much more. I wish I had the opportunity to redo this trip itinierary for you guys. So So So much was missed out. I'd like to say thank you to Melanie who put the trip together she was such a great glue to us having the good times we did have. I would perhaps take another Pure Adventures trip in the future. Maybe in the states. I've heard from other people they had better experiences than I did so I would give it another shot. If it was super discounted. That's how C+ I'd rate the trip.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3: Ride from Pienza to Montalcino, with a pause in fairy-tale Bagno Vignoni, a miniature spa that is among the most unique towns in Europe. You can have lunch in Castiglione d'Orcia, then push on to the monastery of Sant'Antimo, where you might catch one of several vesper services performed each day by the monks. The famed wine town of Montalcino is your destination. Visit the fortress to see a breathtaking view of the entire valley you've just biked, then reward yourself with dinner at our favourite wine cellar. Breakfast included, dinner on your own. Distance: 46 km.
- Day 8
MealsRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Kimberely28th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Italy - Tuscany Wine & History
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMar 11, 2018from Pienza8 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- MondayMar 12, 2018from Pienza8 DaysMondayMar 19, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- TuesdayMar 13, 2018from Pienza8 DaysTuesdayMar 20, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- WednesdayMar 14, 2018from Pienza8 DaysWednesdayMar 21, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- ThursdayMar 15, 2018from Pienza8 DaysThursdayMar 22, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- FridayMar 16, 2018from Pienza8 DaysFridayMar 23, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Pienza8 DaysSaturdayMar 24, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- SundayMar 18, 2018from Pienza8 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Pienza8 DaysMondayMar 26, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
- TuesdayMar 20, 2018from Pienza8 DaysTuesdayMar 27, 2018to Volterra10+ seats left$62USD $1,498
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Pienza is the starting point and Volterra is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 April 2018 the full payment of $1,498 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1498 for Italy - Tuscany Wine & History, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 92 km.
- Pienza (Italy)
- 16 km
- Montalcino (Italy)
- 32 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 29 km
- San Gimignano (Italy)
- 16 km
- Volterra (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,498 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Italy - Tuscany Wine & History via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italy - Tuscany Wine & History