France and Italy Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,808
- Explore the stunning city of Paris
- Marvel at Cinque Terre
- Enjoy a walking tour of Florence
- Visit the beach in Nice
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- THToddWritten on April 15, 20182.5 - AverageSeveral things went wrong with this trip! This was our first time using Tour Radar/Discovery Nomads and my wife and I were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. To begin, our 10-day trip began in Paris, France and the first mishap occurred when we met up with our guide to tour the Louvre museum. The tour guide only had my name on the list, which omitted my wife. The guide stated that if my wife wanted to join the tour, I would have to purchase an additional ticket for 59 euros. I explained that I had already purchased two tickets as part of my package and that I was not going to make an additional purchase. The "hotline" number for emergencies was no help either. Subsequently, my wife and I did not go on this particular tour. I notified discovery nomads via email and they stated that they would reimburse my credit card 118 euro. However, the credit card that I used to book the trip coincidentally was compromised that same day and the credit card fraud department notified me that they had to shut off my card and issue a new one. This issue still has not been resolved and I have not received any reimbursement or correspondence from Discovery Nomads or Tour Radar on how they plan to send me the 118 Euros. Our next stop on the tour was Nice, France. When we booked into our hotel, they assigned my wife an I to a tiny room with two twin beds. We told the front desk clerk that this was unacceptable and they advised that our tour company had booked the room to have two twin beds. However, they were able to put us in a room with one bed. Later that evening, I received an email from Discovery Nomads advising to meet our guide at 9:30am the next morning for our tour of Monaco and Monte Carlo Casino. Our tour package stated that the tour began at 8:30 am, not 9:30, so I replied to the email asking for clarification. I never received a response. Therefore, my wife and I woke up early and was downstairs in the hotel lobby at 8:30am in case the tour guide showed up. And of course, the tour guide showed up at 8:30am, not 9:30am as Discovery Nomads had advised. The tour guide, who worked for a separate company, was upset for the confusion and took a picture of the email and sent it to his supervisor explaining the confusion. I still have not received a reply to that particular email to Discovery Nomads. No issues occurred in La Spezia or Florence, Italy. However, once we arrived in Rome and went to check into our hotel, we were advised by the front desk manager that the hotel was overbooked and that we were being moved to another hotel. When my wife and I woke up the next morning, we were covered in bites from bed bugs. A fitting end to our 10-day trip with TourRadar and Discovery Nomads!! Additionally, I had arranged for a private car to transport my wife and I to the airport and now had to make more arrangements, with additional fees, to change locations. Due to the last minute change in hotels, I ended up having to cancel the private car. As a side note, none of the hotels will allow check in before 2pm, therefore, Tour Radar/Discovery Nomads should arrange departure/arrival times accordingly when scheduling transportation! Why schedule a train at 8:30am for a 2-3 hour ride when you can't check into your hotel at your arrival location till the afternoon. Clients should be permitted to sleep in a little and enjoy the time they have at each location.Show detailed ratings
- BreannaWritten on September 6, 20172.5 - AverageSummary: The trip was definitely an independent tour - hotels and transportation are prearranged - and they give instructions on meeting points. Otherwise you are on your own - there are no guides to lead you to where to go. Hotels were clean and had friendly staff. However some were not centrally located. Breakfast was included in some, and was decent. If you want a hassle free way to have hotels and transportation booked with some walking tours thrown in, then I would recommend this tour. If you want something cost effective - I would compare costs of booking your own hotels and transportation with the tours overall cost. You have all the free time to book and plan your own activities. If you want something structured with more guidance go with a different type of tour. Disappointments: I was disappointed with the communication before the tour and how the brochure of this tour of what activities were included was VERY misleading. For example, the brochure stated the first day of the tour would have no planned activities, I contacted the tour contact point guide to make sure and they stated nothing would be planned the first day, everything starts day 2. They sent our voucher late, I had to contact the main site to get a response on why the voucher wasn't sent. We then had our travel documents with our booking confirmations, train tickets, and airline boarding pass sent extremely late. The voucher showed tour of Eiffel tower the very first day after being told nothing would be planned the first day - so we had to change our already scheduled plans. Also - the tour was not at the top of the Eiffel tower as mentioned in the brochure, you only go to the second level. Some places included in the brochure we did not even see with the guides - this was misleading. The tour should also mention which sites you actually get to visit, rather than just walk by from the outside. I was also disappointed that it wasn't communicated to me that our tour price does not include the hotel price completely, we must pay the city tax out of pocket. This tour had very few planned activities mostly just walking tours - and at least one of our walking tours was actually free to the public which I would have planned on my own. The walking tours were usually on the second day, so by that time we already had seen the city and most of the sites on the outside.Show detailed ratings
- AMAgnesWritten on June 4, 20173.5 - GoodHotels are nice and easily accessible. Tours and guide are informative n accommodating. Schedule just right- not too hectic. Pick up to and fro should be included to make it more perfectShow detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Agnes, Thank you very much for review! We hope to see you again soon! Best Regards, Discovery Nomads Team
- TammiWritten on May 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was a great way to see France and Italy on your own time, but with everything pre-arranged for you! We loved the easy nature of this schedule and freedom to still do our own thing. All tours and transportation were organized for us and hotels prebooked and paid. The accommodation was great and of a high standard in central locations. We would definitely book another Discovery Adventures Tour!Show detailed ratings
- MAMattiasWritten on June 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentGreat trip! Absolutely love it, was fun!Show detailed ratings
- JJenniferWritten on May 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe had a great time! Excellent hotels, a lot of activities and interesting guides, fast paced adventure with some free time that was really nice and we visited all the cities in Europe I was dreaming about in one trip!Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on April 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe enjoyed the tour so much! Weather was perfectly sunny and warm and cities not so crowded with tourists. Europe is so beautiful and it was nice to spend some days on the beach. The hotels were exceptional and recommendations for the restaurants truly beyond any expectations, really unique spots! Next time travel only with Discovery Adventures!Show detailed ratings
- SSandraWritten on March 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely love this tour! The hotels were super and it's so comfortable traveling between the cities by train. We saw all the most beautiful cities in Europe and had lots of activities!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Paris
- Day 2-3 Paris
- Day 3-5 Nice/Monaco
- Day 5-7 Cinque Terre
- Day 7-9 Florence
- Day 9-10 Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 29, 2017
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A Voucher which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet your guides for sightseeing tours, hotels information, train departure/arrival times, included activities, etc will be mentioned in there. The Voucher is available 10 Days before the departure.
- September 29, 2017
How do I get to Hotels?
Hotels are located close to the train stations so it takes about 10 minutes to get to your hotel from the train station.
- September 29, 2017
How do I meet the local guides?
You will meet the local guide for all the sightseeing tours and activities. Meeting points usually located close to the visited sites eg Eiffel Tower, Colosseum, etc. You need to get to the meeting point by yourself using public transportation.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
France and Italy Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Paris10 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to RomeOnly 2 seats left$56USD $1,808
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Paris10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Rome0 seats left$56USD $1,808Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Paris10 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
- WednesdayJun 20, 2018from Paris10 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,808
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroFrance and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Paris is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Discovery Nomads booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 August 2018 the full payment of $1,808 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1808 for France and Italy Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovery Nomads will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Discovery Nomads tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Paris (France)
- 687 km
- Nice (France)
- 202 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 129 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,808 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for France and Italy Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on France and Italy Adventure Tour