Rome to Venice Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,527
- Sightseeing of Rome
- Visit Florence
- Explore the amazing towns of Cinque Terre
- You will have an orientation walk around romatic Venice
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- MLMarcusWritten on September 25, 20173.0 - AverageOverall, the trip was amazing. I loved Italy and I loved the progression of cities from Rome to Florence to Cinque Terre to Venice. Each place built on each other. You might think Cinque Terre is just a throw-in for this tour, but it truly was the star of the trip. Rome and Florence hotels were located in the cities and close to everything. Cinque Terre hotel was actually in La Spezia which required a 35 min trip, but the hotel was very nice which more than made up for it. However the Venice hotel was a 17 min bus ride away from actual Venice and the hotel was not that nice. The Tour is completely self guided. Literally you get an email with documents and you are on your own. We did miss our very first tour in Rome (our fault I'll admit) and found a scalper selling tickets for half the cost we paid. Then it dawned on me that if I had done a little more research on where to stay and the train system, I could have essentially done this same tour and saved money. Literally, every location had scalpers and other agencies (on site) selling tickets. My main advice to Tourradar (or more towards Discovery Nomads I suppose) is to show your value and check up on your people. A simple email or phone call at each checkpoint would go a long way. Once again, I know the tour is "self -guided" but its dangerously close to a "do-it-yourself" tour which makes you wonder why didn't I just plan my own trip. Since it was my first time in Europe, having the guidance of what to do, where to stay, and when to take the train brought me comfort, but on future trips I do not see the value. Overall, it was a great trip. Still think Tourradar/Discover Nomads must show more value. I enjoyed my time A LOT and in the end I fully recommend the tour for first timers.Show detailed ratings
- JHJulieWritten on September 18, 20174.0 - GoodWe did the Rome to Venice Adventure Tour and had a great time. The hotels that were booked were all at great locations. They were close to all the attractions which meant that we could easily walk and didn't need to bother with public transport. There was breakfast at three of the hotels and each of those offered a buffet style breakfast with plenty of selection. All rooms had air conditioning and fridges. The rooms are not huge, which is usual for Europe, but they are entirely comfortable and had great showers. Kate and the staff at Tourrader were always quick to respond to emails and organized our transfers into Rome and out of Venice. Kate also provided us with Lonely Planet guides for each of our locations so we could read up on what to do to and where to go. There were only two down sides of the trip. The first was the lack of information regarding the excursions. The information package missed specifying which company the tours would be with. This meant that when we arrived for the Colosseum tour we have to go around the many guides asking if we were on their tour. For the gondola trip we had two meeting points, one meeting point that was specified in the tour package and another that was specified on the voucher, there was also a note saying if we were late the guide would leave without us and we would not be entitled to a refund, luckily we we were at the correct meeting point. The gondola trip had to be the low point of the trip, we were herded to the gondola and 6 people were loaded onto the gondola even though there was only seating for 5, unlucky number 6 had the pleasure of sitting on the step that was used for getting into and out of the gondola. I would have preferred to have had the choice of a group ride or private ride for an additional fee. The gondolier did not speak to anyone on his gondola but was happy to shout across and have conversations with the other gondolier's who were doing the same tour. The ride did go onto the canal but did not go under the Rialto Bridge. At the end of the ride the gondolier put his hat out for a tip, needles to say he did not get a penny from anyone on his boat. If you are hoping for a romantic trip on the gondola you won't get it with this excursion. The second down side was not getting the hotel and tour information until 9 days before the trip. We would have liked to have received the information sooner so that we could have planned the trip a little better. The tour information package is quite detailed but could benefit with a little advise on how far the hotels are from the train station and the transport options you could use. Google Maps quickly provided us with the distance and for the most part we used cabs because they were so convenient. We had a great trip in Italy and even though we had a few complaints I would book again with Tourradar and Discovery Nomads. Now I know what to expect I now know what questions to ask to make sure that there is no confusion and disappointment with excursions.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Julie, Thank you so much for your review! We would definitely add a choice of private/group gondola tour as you suggested. And will do our best to send the vouchers with google maps with how to get to hotels. Thank you again and hope to see you soon! Discovery Nomads Team
- ANAaronWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentAll the arrangements were taken care of. We traveled from place to place easiliy. (Lovet he high seed train). The hotels were very nice and in every hotel except the Rome hotel, the breakfasts were outstanding. Full buffets with eggs, bacon, muffins, coffe, fruit, etc etc. Great way to start the day. The included tours were easy enough to find except for the one at St Peters Basillica, but we eventually found him. And for the Gondola tour, we werent issued vouchers, only confirmation numbers, and the gondola people wouldnt take a number. But we straightened out through a phone call to tour radar. The hotel in Venice gave us a free upgrade to a beautiful room. Overall a great experience.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Aaron, Thank you very much for a review! We hope to see you again soon! Best Regards, Discovery Nomads Team
- MSMarilynWritten on March 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentI would have liked to give this a 5 star rating: The hotels were wonderful, luxurious, centrally located with excellent breakfasts and service; trains were fine; one guide was terrific. But, one guide didn't show up, and the trip start date was changed to two days earlier--two weeks before the start date of the trip. There were charges for the extra days, even though we were unable to arrive in time to use the hotel. Would I use Discovery Adventures again? Yes! The hotels were that good, and the guide who showed up was wonderful. Just know that there are some kinks for this company to work outShow detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Marilyn, Thank you very much for your review. We always try to find and work together with the best guides and companies providing service in cities involved in our tours. We already refunded you for missed tour and apologize for this inconveniences. The changes to your trip dates happened on your behalf and request, but we already figured everything out via email. We would be grateful to see you again in one of your next adventures and trips around the world.
- JBJoshWritten on March 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe searched long to find the best tour and while booking were still unsure about what we will get. With Discovery Adventures we definitely got exactly what we were so long searching for. The tour was well planned and the documents we received were clear and easy to understand, so we could manage to keep the pace and take all tours and see every sight. Hotels were centrally located and all four star ones. The staff, especially Kate, were most helpful before and during our trip. My fiancé and I will take Discovery Adventures into consideration four our next trip and can recommend them to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on February 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat tour!!! Italy is absolutely awesome, we had so much fun! All the hotels were very good and located just a few minutes from the main attractions. Tour guides were very interesting and knowledgeable. We totally recommend Discovery Adventures and looking forward the next trip!Show detailed ratings
- ALAbigailWritten on January 24, 20172.0 - Rather poorI went on this tour May 2016. The reason I went on this tour is that I did not want to be traveling by myself as a 20 year old female who had never really travelled alone before. Unfortunately it seems I was the only one on the tour and met no one else, not even a representative from Tour Radar. I feel that everyone should be aware that this is very much a self-guided tour before booking. All you will get is hotels, transportation, and some tours booked through outside companies. Though nice, hotels were not centrally located. The hotel I stayed at in Venice was 14 Km outside of the city and I had to take 2 buses just to get there. You could not stay out late for fear of not finding a way back to the hotel. It's hard not being near anything in these cities, especially Rome. The taxi drivers smell weakness and WILL scam you. As for the included tours, I could not find two of them at the stated time/destination and one tour guide was extremely rude to me due to my young age. As for the two tours I missed, one was the tour of Vatican City. I showed up at the meeting point 30 minutes in advance but never found the tour group. They chose to meet in a crowded area and I was only told that they would have the company name showing. I did not know the company name as nothing actually seemed to be through Tour Radar. I ended up booking a tour of Vatican City with another group. I was 5 minutes early for another tour in Rome that was booked for me and no one showed up. The best city visited was Cinque Terre. The hotel was at least near the attractions.Show detailed ratings
- PAPaulineWritten on October 2, 20161.5 - Rather poorNever once on this tour did we see any representative or tour guide from this tour even though we were told to hand our itinerary to the guide when we reached the hotel. We only received pages of itineries and directions to follow. The hotels although OK were mostly all on the edge town, so hotel buses or taxis were required if we wanted to go out to dinner. The reason to go on a tour is to have a guide look after you and not to be scrambling over train stations with a suitcase trying to find which train we had been booked on and where our next hotel was situated. This was more of a treasure hunt than a tour. Absolute rip off.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Pauline and Nigel, we are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the tour! Rome to Venice Adventure tour is an independent tour where you only meet your guide for sightseeing and city tours. You received luxury 4 stars hotels like LaGare Hotel Venezia by Sofitel which is located in one of the most beautiful places in Venice and has its own water boat that can be booked at a desired time and other superb hotels. Transportation is by trains, as it's written in the tour description, and it's obvious that no one will be helping you to carry a suitcase. Again, we are sincerely sorry for any inconviences and hope you had a good time in Italy. With best regards, Discovery Adventures Team
- MFMarcWritten on August 17, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour was absolutely amazing, I loved the hotels, guides were interesting and informative, especially Elizabetta in Florence, she was great and showed so much! I also liked sunset tour in Rome, views are really stunning it was so comfortable to walk in the evening than during the day at 30 degrees! Cinque Terre region and Venice I liked the most and these places are unbelievable beautiful!!! Looking forward to come back again!Show detailed ratings
- GEGregWritten on March 8, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had great holidays in Italy and the tour was really nice! Almost all the days were packed with excursions although there was some free time for shopping. Florence and Venice were so beautiful and Cinque Terre is really cool experience to see authentic Italy and met some great people there. Was quite unusual to see locals coming for dinner by boat between these nice small cities in Cinque Terra! The guides were so cheerful and told lots of interesting stories. And the hotels were all 4 stars and top top brands! I was really surprised to get such luxury hotels for that bargain price! Definitely will travel with Discovery Adventures again).Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1 Rome
- Day 2-3 Rome
- Day 4-5 Florence
- Day 6-7 Cinque Terre
- Day 8-10 Venice
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 29, 2017
What does road trip adventure mean?
Road Trip Adventure is the most exiting journey, you will get a car (full insurance cover, of course) and drive along the most scenic routes in Europe or US, stay in design hotels and meet your local guides in each city along the way, there's lots of activities included and the routes are organized that way so you enjoy driving and won't get tired.
- September 29, 2017
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A Voucher which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet your guides for sightseeing tours, hotels information, train departure/arrival times, included activities, etc will be mentioned in there. The Voucher is available 10 Days before the departure.
- September 29, 2017
How do I get to Hotels?
Hotels are located close to the train stations so it takes about 10 minutes to get to your hotel from the train station.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tania, 37 years old16th September 2017
Rome to Venice Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- WednesdayOct 25, 2017from RomeFridayNov 3, 2017in VeniceOur saving$130Price$1,766-7%USD $1,6368 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 31, 2017from RomeThursdayNov 9, 2017in VeniceOur saving$130Price$1,766-7%USD $1,6368 spaces left
- WednesdayNov 1, 2017from RomeFridayNov 10, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 7, 2017from RomeThursdayNov 16, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- WednesdayNov 8, 2017from RomeFridayNov 17, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 14, 2017from RomeThursdayNov 23, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- WednesdayNov 15, 2017from RomeFridayNov 24, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 21, 2017from RomeThursdayNov 30, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- WednesdayNov 22, 2017from RomeFridayDec 1, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 28, 2017from RomeThursdayDec 7, 2017in VeniceOur saving$122Price$1,648-7%USD $1,527+ $353 additional upfront costs8 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Venice is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Discovery Nomads booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2018 the full payment of $1,527 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1527 for Rome to Venice Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovery Nomads will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Discovery Nomads tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 129 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 252 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,527 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,239 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Rome to Venice Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,120 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Rome to Venice Adventure Tour