Rome to Venice Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,609
- Sightseeing of Rome
- Visit Florence
- Explore the amazing towns of Cinque Terre
- You will have an orientation walk around romantic Venice
- Guaranteed departures
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- Private / Custom, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- WSWilliamWritten on April 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe liked the customized tour without the group tour.Show detailed ratings
- KKatieWritten on January 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe were for the first time in Italy and our tour with Discovery Nomads was great! We both loved Rome and gondola ride in Venice and hiking in Cinque Terre. Lots of top activities and we added winery tour in Florence. Absolutely amazing experience.Show detailed ratings
- MSMarcusWritten on December 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip was really cool! I liked the hotels, especially the one in Rome and breakfast was over the top! All the cities were really impressive and guides were friendly and knowledgable. I only regret that I didn’t add wine tour while I was in Florence but I will return there soon, I hope. Overall great experience!Show detailed ratings
- MLMarcusWritten on September 25, 20173.0 - AverageOverall, the trip was amazing. I loved Italy and I loved the progression of cities from Rome to Florence to Cinque Terre to Venice. Each place built on each other. You might think Cinque Terre is just a throw-in for this tour, but it truly was the star of the trip. Rome and Florence hotels were located in the cities and close to everything. Cinque Terre hotel was actually in La Spezia which required a 35 min trip, but the hotel was very nice which more than made up for it. However the Venice hotel was a 17 min bus ride away from actual Venice and the hotel was not that nice. The Tour is completely self guided. Literally you get an email with documents and you are on your own. We did miss our very first tour in Rome (our fault I'll admit) and found a scalper selling tickets for half the cost we paid. Then it dawned on me that if I had done a little more research on where to stay and the train system, I could have essentially done this same tour and saved money. Literally, every location had scalpers and other agencies (on site) selling tickets. My main advice to Tourradar (or more towards Discovery Nomads I suppose) is to show your value and check up on your people. A simple email or phone call at each checkpoint would go a long way. Once again, I know the tour is "self -guided" but its dangerously close to a "do-it-yourself" tour which makes you wonder why didn't I just plan my own trip. Since it was my first time in Europe, having the guidance of what to do, where to stay, and when to take the train brought me comfort, but on future trips I do not see the value. Overall, it was a great trip. Still think Tourradar/Discover Nomads must show more value. I enjoyed my time A LOT and in the end I fully recommend the tour for first timers.Show detailed ratings
- JHJulieWritten on September 18, 20174.0 - GoodWe did the Rome to Venice Adventure Tour and had a great time. The hotels that were booked were all at great locations. They were close to all the attractions which meant that we could easily walk and didn't need to bother with public transport. There was breakfast at three of the hotels and each of those offered a buffet style breakfast with plenty of selection. All rooms had air conditioning and fridges. The rooms are not huge, which is usual for Europe, but they are entirely comfortable and had great showers. Kate and the staff at Tourrader were always quick to respond to emails and organized our transfers into Rome and out of Venice. Kate also provided us with Lonely Planet guides for each of our locations so we could read up on what to do to and where to go. There were only two down sides of the trip. The first was the lack of information regarding the excursions. The information package missed specifying which company the tours would be with. This meant that when we arrived for the Colosseum tour we have to go around the many guides asking if we were on their tour. For the gondola trip we had two meeting points, one meeting point that was specified in the tour package and another that was specified on the voucher, there was also a note saying if we were late the guide would leave without us and we would not be entitled to a refund, luckily we we were at the correct meeting point. The gondola trip had to be the low point of the trip, we were herded to the gondola and 6 people were loaded onto the gondola even though there was only seating for 5, unlucky number 6 had the pleasure of sitting on the step that was used for getting into and out of the gondola. I would have preferred to have had the choice of a group ride or private ride for an additional fee. The gondolier did not speak to anyone on his gondola but was happy to shout across and have conversations with the other gondolier's who were doing the same tour. The ride did go onto the canal but did not go under the Rialto Bridge. At the end of the ride the gondolier put his hat out for a tip, needles to say he did not get a penny from anyone on his boat. If you are hoping for a romantic trip on the gondola you won't get it with this excursion. The second down side was not getting the hotel and tour information until 9 days before the trip. We would have liked to have received the information sooner so that we could have planned the trip a little better. The tour information package is quite detailed but could benefit with a little advise on how far the hotels are from the train station and the transport options you could use. Google Maps quickly provided us with the distance and for the most part we used cabs because they were so convenient. We had a great trip in Italy and even though we had a few complaints I would book again with Tourradar and Discovery Nomads. Now I know what to expect I now know what questions to ask to make sure that there is no confusion and disappointment with excursions.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Julie, Thank you so much for your review! We would definitely add a choice of private/group gondola tour as you suggested. And will do our best to send the vouchers with google maps with how to get to hotels. Thank you again and hope to see you soon! Discovery Nomads Team
- ANAaronWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentAll the arrangements were taken care of. We traveled from place to place easiliy. (Lovet he high seed train). The hotels were very nice and in every hotel except the Rome hotel, the breakfasts were outstanding. Full buffets with eggs, bacon, muffins, coffe, fruit, etc etc. Great way to start the day. The included tours were easy enough to find except for the one at St Peters Basillica, but we eventually found him. And for the Gondola tour, we werent issued vouchers, only confirmation numbers, and the gondola people wouldnt take a number. But we straightened out through a phone call to tour radar. The hotel in Venice gave us a free upgrade to a beautiful room. Overall a great experience.Show detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Aaron, Thank you very much for a review! We hope to see you again soon! Best Regards, Discovery Nomads Team
- MSMarilynWritten on March 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentI would like to give this company 5 stars: The hotels were terrific, luxurious, clean, centrally located, with wonderful breakfasts, service, and amenities. The Italian trains were great. One guide was very informative, humorous and knew his audience. But, another guide failed to show up for his tour. And, the start date of the trip was changed to two days earlier, two weeks before the beginning of our tour, when it was too late for us to change flight plans. We were charged for two extra days in Rome, before the original start of the tour, even though we did not arrive in time to use one of the nights. We had also paid for extra time in Venice, but the representative forgot to make the reservation and then wanted to charge us extra when the hotel changed its rates a month later. We were told that we would receive vouchers ten days before the trip, but there were no vouchers sent. When I inquired about receiving them, I was told to use a reference number shown, in place of the vouchers. This worked fine in Rome, but not in Venice. We called the emergency number shown on the itinerary, but no one answered. Finally, I called the main international number and learned that they did have vouchers. They emailed them to us twenty minutes later, but none of the tour guides present recognized Discovery Tours, and it was too late to join any tours in any case. Would I use Discovery Tours again? Yes! The hotels were that good! But this company has a few kinks to work out.Show detailed ratings
- MSMarilynWritten on March 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentI would have liked to give this a 5 star rating: The hotels were wonderful, luxurious, centrally located with excellent breakfasts and service; trains were fine; one guide was terrific. But, one guide didn't show up, and the trip start date was changed to two days earlier--two weeks before the start date of the trip. There were charges for the extra days, even though we were unable to arrive in time to use the hotel. Would I use Discovery Adventures again? Yes! The hotels were that good, and the guide who showed up was wonderful. Just know that there are some kinks for this company to work outShow detailed ratingsDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Marilyn, Thank you very much for your review. We always try to find and work together with the best guides and companies providing service in cities involved in our tours. We already refunded you for missed tour and apologize for this inconveniences. The changes to your trip dates happened on your behalf and request, but we already figured everything out via email. We would be grateful to see you again in one of your next adventures and trips around the world.
- JBJoshWritten on March 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe searched long to find the best tour and while booking were still unsure about what we will get. With Discovery Adventures we definitely got exactly what we were so long searching for. The tour was well planned and the documents we received were clear and easy to understand, so we could manage to keep the pace and take all tours and see every sight. Hotels were centrally located and all four star ones. The staff, especially Kate, were most helpful before and during our trip. My fiancé and I will take Discovery Adventures into consideration four our next trip and can recommend them to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on February 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat tour!!! Italy is absolutely awesome, we had so much fun! All the hotels were very good and located just a few minutes from the main attractions. Tour guides were very interesting and knowledgeable. We totally recommend Discovery Adventures and looking forward the next trip!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Rome
- Day 2-3 Rome
- Day 4-5 Florence
- Day 6-7 Cinque Terre
- Day 8-10 Venice
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What does road trip adventure mean?
Road Trip Adventure is the most exiting journey, you will get a car (full insurance cover, of course) and drive along the most scenic routes in Europe or US, stay in design hotels and meet your local guides in each city along the way, there's lots of activities included and the routes are organized that way so you enjoy driving and won't get tired.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A Voucher which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet your guides for sightseeing tours, hotels information, train departure/arrival times, included activities, etc will be mentioned in there. The Voucher is available 10 Days before the departure.
How do I get to the Hotels?
Hotels are located close to the train stations so it takes about 10 minutes to get to your hotel from the train station.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Rome to Venice Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Rome10 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Rome10 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Rome10 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Venice10+ seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Rome10 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Rome10 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Rome10 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- WednesdayNov 7, 2018from Rome10 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- TuesdayNov 13, 2018from Rome10 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Rome10 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Rome10 DaysThursdayNov 29, 2018to Venice6 seats left$234$1,843-13%USD $1,609
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Venice is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Discovery Nomads booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 January 2019 the full payment of $1,609 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1609 for Rome to Venice Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovery Nomads will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Discovery Nomads tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 129 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 252 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,609 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Rome to Venice Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Rome to Venice Adventure Tour