Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer
- Our saving
- US $ 1,318
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start in Klaipeda and end in Riga! With the self-guided tour Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Klaipeda, Lithuania and 8 other destinations in Europe. Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer is a small group tour that includes more.
- Rather Poor
- SuzanneWritten on September 19, 20184.0 - GoodGreat way to explore two countries in one trip. Lots of highlights, including characterful towns and endless empty white sand beaches. However, much of the route is on main highways, with very fast lorries and vehicles who aren't always keen on cyclists, so best for experienced cyclists. Similarly, some of the dirt roads with pebbles or sand are tough to ride over. All in all a great experience, though ignore the ridiculous instructions on the last day about the route to Riga being boring and how it's best to get a train - it's a nice peaceful route and a welcome contrast to everything else that day!Show detailed ratingsUTracks commented on this reviewThanks Suzanne for your valuable feedback. On all of our tours our routes are designed to be on smaller secondary roads with little traffic. In Latvia the situation is similar except a few stretches where we have more traffic. For example, after leaving the cycle trail at the Lithuanian border - a distance to Liepaja – we do include in our route descriptions a few alternative detours on gravel roads which are not ideal to cycle, but there are simply no alternatives. Also between Kandava and Tukums you need to cycle for a few kms on the main road Ventspils – Riga. Other routes are on minor roads where there is limited passing traffic. Unfortunately trucks are allowed to drive anywhere including small roads and main roads, and certain days have more traffic than others. We will certainly make this clearer in our notes. In regards to the section from Jurmala to Riga, we will review the description. Thank you again for your very valuable feedback. Best wishes from the team at UTracks
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Klaipeda
- Day 2: Cycle through the Seaside Regional Park to Palanga (29km / 18mi)
- Day 3: Cycle along the Baltic coast before crossing border to Liepaja (76km / 47mi)
- Day 4: Explore Liepaja's Old Town, cycle to the small fishing port of Pavilosta (57km / 35.5mi)
- Day 5: Visit the widest waterfall in Europe and Riežupe sand caves at Kuldiga (63km / 39.5mi)
- Day 6: Cycle to Kandava along the Abava River (60km / 37.5mi)
- Day 7: Cycle via Tukums to Jurmula and continue by train to Riga (78km / 49mi)
- Day 8: Trip concludes
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayMay 2, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- FridayMay 3, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysMondayMay 13, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayMay 8, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysWednesdayMay 15, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Klaipeda8 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to RigaOnly 2 seats left$41USD $1,318Based on Twin Share
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroLithuania and Latvia
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Lithuania and Latvia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Lithuania and Latvia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Lithuania and Latvia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Lithuania and Latvia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Klaipeda is the starting point and Riga is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 December 2018 the full payment of $1,318 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1318 for Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 333 km.
- Klaipeda (Lithuania)
- 23 km
- Palanga (Lithuania)
- 66 km
- Liepaja (Latvia)
- 43 km
- Pavilosta (Latvia)
- 48 km
- Kuldiga (Latvia)
- 49 km
- Talsi (Latvia)
- 46 km
- Tukums (Latvia)
- 39 km
- Jurmala (Latvia)
- 18 km
- Riga (Latvia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,318 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,509 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Latvia and Lithuania Cycle Explorer