- US $ 889
- +3 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Explore local life in Cartagena
- Tour the "City of Eternal Spring”
- Visit a coffee plantation
- See the stunning Cocora Valley
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Jeep & 4WD, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- YEYeeWritten on May 4, 20184.0 - GoodOur guide, Juan Se, is one of the best I have had. He is well-informed, considerate, witty, and warm-hearted. Most of all, he is passionate, love-his-country young man, a true ambassador for Colombia. You will love his country as well. The itinerary is well-balanced. Lots of free time and options. Included excursions were helpful, and optional excursions were also good at reasonable price. Only accommodations are just around average, except cartagena and the coffee farm. Also I was told not to bring a suitcase when I asked, twice! Practically everyone had carriers even our guide! Next time when someone asks, please give them practically right information. I need to pack another foldable Boston bag for only this trip while I was traveling South America for a month and half and had to leave most of my belongings at other hostel in Bogota to follow Tucan's instructions.Show detailed ratings
- MKMarcWritten on April 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe Columbia Express tour exceeded all my expectations. Thank you for a great trip.Show detailed ratings
- MMarliesWritten on February 2, 20184.5 - Excellentvery good group, excellent guide, good travel speed. absolutely recommendedShow detailed ratings
- MPMickaelWritten on February 1, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a very good and well paced tour. Ideal to get a good feel of Colombia’s treasures and make you want to explore more. The very friendly group and well adjusted + experienced guide, Juan Sebastian, contributed to turn this hol into a unique experience.Show detailed ratings
- KPKarinaWritten on November 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an excellent tour, especially for the value. We stayed at amazing hotels, got a lot of stuff packed into each day, and had great choices with our free time. Would highly recommend. I had only a short time off of work, but if I had longer, I would have preferred we stay in every city longer. You simply cannot see enough with only one or 2 days. There is a lot of travel between locations, which kind of cuts that time out as well.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Karina, Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased you enjoyed your adventure in Colombia and we hope to see you on another adventure soon!
- MCMatthewWritten on November 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an exceptional experience all around. The tour is paced just right, with a mix of cities, country side, small towns, and major metropolis. Juan Sebastian is knowledgeable, friendly, calm and a great guide. He kept everything running smoothly even when the Avianca strike cancelled our original flight to Medellin. Cartagena is a Caribbean gem and I arrived a day early to take in some sites. Definetely stay in Getsamani. I would recommend arriving two days early and taking a boat to Rosario island if you can spare the time. Sign up for Free Cartagena tour, take self guided audio tour of Felipi Castle. Walk aimlessly. Incredible town. Hotels on trip are all very comfortable, clean, and conveniently located. Restaurants suggested are superb. You will not go hungry in Colombia. Lunches are under 5$ dinners $7 - $15 with beer or cocktails included. Medellin is very green and trendy location with many outdoor restaurants and bars. Orientation walk took in many sites. I went to the comuna 13 grafitti tour. Lots of insights into culture and struggle to gain freedom from former violent past. Coffee plantation views didn't disappoint. Nice pool, but didn't wind up swimming. Salento brought with it Jeepies and stunning views of wax palms in Corcora valley. I didn't do the downhill mountain biking but heard the views and density of wax palms was outstanding. Be sure to try the lemonada de Coco from carts in town square. Bogota, the final stop, is a huge metropolis. 9 million ppl. However, the colonial neighborhood is manageable. The guides orientation tour is great. Tacked on a trip to gold museum with audio guide. The crafts market opposite the gold museum offers great shopping and a cool little cafe. After the tour officially ends on last day, check out beyond Colombia's free city walking tour. Then head to monserrate after lunch and enjoy the stunning views. If time permits, track on an extra day to end of tour and book a shared your with beyond Colombia to go to salt cathedral. They were $40 less than hotel operators and provided a private tour experience. Alexander F was a great guide. The salt cathedral is very impressive and beautiful. Zapaqira is a cute colonial town. The carnereria (think fogo de Chau but only $8 and one serving) was outstanding. The group of 6 bonded immediately and hailed from NZ, Australia, Germany, and Us. All in all, I give it 10 out of 10. Plenty to keep you busy, but no pressure if you just want to take a break and nap when you need a rest. Thank you Tucan for an incredible experience.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Matthew, thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. Colombia is a wonderful country and we are so pleased you loved it too. We look forward to seeing you on another adventure!
- ASAdamWritten on August 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentOverall this week-long experience packed in one cool Colombian city and experience after another. Tour Leader Andres was a natural and a lot of fun. Really glad I chose this short adventure.Show detailed ratings
- WWWilliamWritten on April 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Colombia Express Tour was far better than I imagined it to be. The places visited, the food, the guides, and the Colombian culture were all outstanding and went above my expectations. The hotels were all very nice with wifi access, and the mode of transportation was efficient and nice as well. The tour leader, Andres, was very informative, helpful, and an excellent group leader. I highly recommend anyone interested in diving into the Colombian culture to take this tour, well worth it!Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewWe are so pleased you had such a good trip in Colombia William. Thank you for leaving such positive feedback.
- DavidWritten on April 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentI liked it a lot. The tour leader Andres was fantastic and very affable. It was a nice paced tour and I liked the flexibility of doing your own thing in each city.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Cartagena
- Day 2-3: Medellín
- Day 4: Coffee Plantation
- Day 5-6: Salento
- Day 7: Bogotá
- Day 8: Depart Bogotá
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Colombia Encompassed
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you provide advise on Visa application?
Unfortunately we are unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
What is the age range?
The minimum age to participate in this tour is 18 - however, there are no strict upper age limits and if travellers are comfortable and confident with the itinerary then they are welcome to join! You can expect a diverse age range on this tour.
Which flights are included in the tour?
The flight from Cartagena to Medellín and also the flight from Salento to Bogotá are included in the tour,.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $889+ $130 Local Payment
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayNov 29, 2018to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $889+ $130 Local Payment
- ThursdayDec 6, 2018from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayDec 13, 2018to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $949+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayJan 3, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayJan 10, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $949+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayJan 17, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayJan 24, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $949+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayJan 31, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayFeb 7, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $949+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayFeb 14, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayFeb 21, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $949+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayFeb 28, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayMar 7, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $949+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayMar 14, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayMar 21, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $929+ $140 Local Payment
- ThursdayMar 28, 2019from Cartagena8 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Bogota7 seats leftUSD $929+ $140 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Cartagena is the starting point and Bogota is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $889 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $889 for Colombia Express, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cartagena (Colombia)
- 465 km
- Medellin (Colombia)
- 178 km
- Salento (Colombia)
- 9 km
- Valle del Cocora (Colombia)
- 156 km
- Bogota (Colombia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $889 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,769 tours in Latin America
- covered by 154 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Colombia Express via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Colombia Express