- US $ 2,459
- Discover the magnificent culture and glamour of Japan
- Explore the vibrant Tokyo and be amazed by its contrasts
- View the famous Mt. Fuji and travel by the Shinkansen
- Taste the traditional Sake and tour Takayama on bike
- Visit the Imperial Palace and the elegant Himeji Castle
- Lynda Russell's review about another Tucan Travel tour4.5 - Excellent
The tour was great. There was a good mix of locations and activities. Charles our tour leader was brilliant and great at suggesting activities, places to eat and so knowledgable
- Simon Ng's review about another Tucan Travel tour4.5 - Excellent
Great paced trip which hit all the highlights. What could have been done was to reduce some of our environmental impact. One day one a reusable bag was offered but after that no reminders were made to use it during our supermarket stops. Not once did I see... Read more
- David William Jones's review about another Tucan Travel tour4.5 - Excellent
Fantastic tour taking in all the highlights and great value
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1-2: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 3: Odawara (Hakone)
- Day 4-5: Takayama
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Kyoto
- Day 8-9: Hiroshima
- Day 10: Nagasaki
- Day 11: Depart Nagasaki
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is included in the tour?
Japan Rail Pass for duration of tour
Guided visit to the Meiji Shrine
forest & Torii Gate
Takayama Bicycle Tour
Tour of Geisha District
Hiroshima Peace Park & Museum
Visit Himeji Castle on route to Hiroshima
Visit Miyajima & floating Tori Gate
Nagasaki Peace Park and Museum
12 night(s) in hotels
Travel by Train
Tucan Travel tour leader
Does this tour not go during summer?
Unfortunately this tour does not have a departure date for summer.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gerry6th November 2018
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 2, 2019to NagasakiOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,559+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Nagasaki0 seats leftUSD $2,559+ $280 Local PaymentSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 30, 2019to Nagasaki5 seats leftUSD $2,559+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,459+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJul 30, 2019to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,459+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayAug 13, 2019to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,459+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayOct 22, 2019to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,499+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayNov 5, 2019to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,499+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 14, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayDec 24, 2019to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,499+ $280 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 28, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJan 7, 2020to Nagasaki7 seats leftUSD $2,499+ $280 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Nagasaki is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $140 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 February 2019 the full payment of $2,459 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2459 for Japan Discovered, but the deposit of $140 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 169 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 184 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 20 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 141 km
- Yufuin (Japan)
- 149 km
- Nagasaki (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,459 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,868 tours in Asia
- covered by 390 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Discovered via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 35,784 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours