Best of Finland Russia and The Baltic States Summer 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 3,888
- City tour in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Minsk
- View Red Square in Moscow
- Visit the St. Peter and Paul Fortress
- View the Finlandia Hall in Helsinki
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- RRRajaWritten on August 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentBest of Russia, Baltics & Helsinki We took the Trafalgar's Best of Finland, Russia & The Baltic States which also included Minsk, Byelo Russia & Helsinki, Finland, Aug 6 -21, 2016. That this tour was an undisputed success was shared by the 30+ fellow passengers. This largely due to the efforts of a superb Tour Director Goran Pilipovic (UK resident of Serbian heritage) and Driver Andrei Bosinov (Russian from St Petersburg). There are as many complaints about Trafalgar tours as praises. Trafalgar has ironed out all the glitches and plan a tour of this type tailored mostly for the retirees (average age here 60++). We were fortunate that there were no laggards, and 100% on time performance which meant no delays in morning starts. Seat rotation ensured that there was no mad rush to get to the front of the bus. 60% were Aussies, the balance being Kiwis, Canucks, Yanks and the odd Indian and Singaporean. Mostly couples. Russia is ever present in the tour, whether through St Pete or Moscow (both of which are simply too awesome to narrate here in this brief ditty) or in the Baltics, once part of Russian & then Soviet Empire. Great distinction is taken to differentiate Soviets from Russians, as there are siginificant Russian minorities in all these states, and no one wants to insult the Russian bear :) The West or for that matter the world, looks quite different from Russia. What a great country, inspite of repeated autocratic and cruel rulers, those long suffering Russians, still as ever patriotic as ever. I did not see them smile, and more often dour than rude. Smiles were not returned. They love being in a Western styled society (both Moscow & St Pete could pass of as any West European city) with KFC and McDonalds, but deep inside the Slavic soul is all Greek Orthodox and Mother Russia & (today) Putin. :) Those Onion Domed Churches, the broad avenue, espeically the Nevesky Prospect of St Pete, Red Square, Moscow Subway, Mariinski Ballet (ex Kirov), Hermitage, ornamental Orthodox Churches too numerous to mention and many lovingly reconstructed after the fall of the Soviets, the Imperial grandeur of jewels, and other paraphernalia, the simply vast landmass as evidenced in the 4 hour high speed train journey from St Pete to Moscow... and many many more - all in a single nation on par with the best of what Great Britain or Renaissance Italy has to offer, but with a still existent patriotism and pride, that we don't see in Western Europe anymore. The roots of Greek Orthodox is deep and all I saw was more Churches under construction and not sure if it is out of religiosity or simply Slavic national pride. Gorbachev & Yeltsin are reviled as puppets of the West, duped into a political dissolution. An economic reform a la China, is, I think, a broad based consensus that would have been good for Russia. There is bitterness over the loss of USSR territory, but not over the riddance of Communism. Again, all this broad based generalizations, can be viewed as error prone and I agree. :) After Russia, the Baltics, & Minsk, are an anti climax. Not much to say, except these are pale imitations of the Great One. Every city had a local tour guide, and they were all well informed, with their own points of view, providing an added entertainment. Goran, in his bus summaries, balanced out these, with historical bacgrounds to the various places visited and his own unique Serbian background, a South European Slav married to a Russian, and now with British children! Europe is complex even in its simplest identities! And the ghosts of Hitler and Stalin, one never forgets! The tour iternary is full as is, even without the optionals. We selectively chose certain minimal optionals in Russia alone, and were satisfied with our choice. Even with this, it can be taxing to one's stamina. Shopping, in Russia, of amber and Russian stuff, is reasonably cheap, and worth it. Shopping for European chain store stuff, is cheaper here, than in the Baltics, and definitely in Finland. Breakfast buffets were uniformly good. Pure vegetarians often had limited choice. Others loved the variety. Vodka in Russia, is cheap. Everyone stocked up for their return. At the end of it, my spouse and I are tired but very gratified and would not have missed this tour for anything. I would recommend this to anyone, and only hope that you get a good Tour Director. From the web forums, I find that this can make or break a tour. Thank You. :)Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Helsinki
- Day 2: Helsinki – St. Petersburg (3 Nights)
- Day 3: St. Petersburg Sightseeing
- Day 4: St. Petersburg
- Day 5: St. Petersburg – High Speed Train – Moscow (3 Nights)
- Day 6: Moscow Sightseeing
- Day 7: Moscow
- Day 8: Moscow – Minsk (2 Nights)
- Day 9: Minsk Sightseeing
- Day 10: Minsk – Vilnius Sightseeing
- Day 11: Vilnius – Siauliai – Riga (2 Nights)
- Day 12: Riga Sightseeing
- Day 13: Riga – Tallinn Sightseeing
- Day 14: Tallinn – Helsinki Sightseeing
- Day 15: Depart Helsinki
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
- Trafalgar Travel | The Good Life | Scandinavia
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
What are the inclusions of this tour?
Here is the list of inclusions:
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
Ferry across the Gulf of Finland.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Hand-picked Insider Experiences
Optional Experiences and free time
All porterage and restaurant gratuities
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
High speed train between St. Petersburg and Moscow.
Rail service is reserved in standard class.
VIP entry to many sights.
- June 1, 2016
What is the maximum number of people on this tour?
The maximum group size is 26.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Best of Finland Russia and The Baltic States Summer 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Helsinki9 seats left$167USD $4,008
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Helsinki10+ seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Helsinki0 seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Helsinki10+ seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Helsinki0 seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Helsinki8 seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Helsinki10+ seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Helsinki0 seats left$162USD $3,888
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to HelsinkiOnly 1 seat left$162USD $3,888Book Now Hold my
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Helsinki15 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Helsinki10+ seats left$162USD $3,888
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroFinland , Lithuania , Latvia and Estonia
- RubleRussia and Belarus
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Finland, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Belarus. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus, Lithuania and Latvia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Helsinki.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 July 2018 the full payment of $3,888 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3888 for Best of Finland Russia and The Baltic States Summer 2018, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Helsinki (Finland)
- 300 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 633 km
- Moscow (Russia)
- 368 km
- Smolensk (Russia)
- 307 km
- Minsk (Belarus)
- 172 km
- Vilnius (Lithuania)
- 186 km
- Siauliai (Lithuania)
- 123 km
- Riga (Latvia)
- 161 km
- Parnu (Estonia)
- 118 km
- Tallinn (Estonia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,888 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,995 tours in Europe
- covered by 210 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Finland Russia and The Baltic States Summer 2018