Britain and Ireland Explorer (19 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,232
- Discover England’s and Scotland’s lively capitals
- Head to the Highlands to visit Loch Ness and Inverness
- Join and orientation tour in Dublin and view its castle
- Capture the beauty of the Cliffs of Moher on camera
- Admire Bath’s Georgian architecture and visit Windsor
- Age range
- 5 to 80 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LJLeightonWritten on August 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentWell, we had a great time, met lots of nice travelling companions, went the lenght and breadth of the British isles. Even though we didnt spend as much time as we would of have liked in some of the towns we on a whole found it great. Our tour director, John Barleyman, was an excellent host and a very knowledgeable one at that, filled us up with all sorts of info, was like a history tour of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Still shaking my head with all the facts, figures and who was who in the zoo 500 years ago. Our bus driver Kevin was dam amazing, getting around all those narrow streets, sharp corners, narrow bridges without even blinking an eye, mind a couple of times I reckon he would of had them shut. Could turn a 40ft bus on a sixpence. All in all, had a great time, went to great places and would have been more had we driven ourselves around and most of all had great travelling companions.Show detailed ratings
- JoyWritten on July 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was a budget tour and it gave far more than I could have imagined. The itinerary was extensive covering most of the highlights - not Stonehenge though. The accommodation and meals were good. Some optional activities such as castles, walks etc could be included in the tour as a whole instead of being given as optional. Stephen Morris, our guide has an astounding knowledge of the places we visited. His little extras were interesting and gave breaks on the days of travel. Richard, out coach driver was competent, considerate and supportive. Stephen and Richard worked as a well-oiled team. I would recommend this trip. It was as comprehensive and inclusive as a high-tier tour I did in EuropeShow detailed ratings
- WDWilliamWritten on June 29, 20184.0 - GoodSteve Morris and the driver were excellent.Show detailed ratings
- DBDarleneWritten on July 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe LOVED our Costsaver Trafalgar tour of U.K. and Ireland. It was an amazing educational fun vacation. Our tour director was fabulous, he was very knowledgeable and entertaining and ready to help assist us with what ever we needed. Our driver was very personable and we always felt safe and cared for. I really wanted to see Ireland and enjoyed it immensely but was surprised that I loved Scotland even more. The tour opened my eyes to the history and beauty of this country. Our accommodations were great because it was a wide variety of hotels and restaurants. We also took advantage of the extra excursions and visited some special treasures. Many friends warned us not to take a tour to do it on our own but we loved the tour, the bus, the people, the driver and the schedule. I was traveling with my daughter and dear friend and her daughter and mother, we were three generations from age 84 to 20 and the tour pleased all of us! We planning our next Trafalgar trip as soon as possible.Show detailed ratings
- RWRachelWritten on July 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentI expected a budget tour but got much more! The hotels were of a good standard and included modern as well as older style country properties which were more basic but had great character. Hotel locations on this tour are not based in the primary town centre and therefore you must make the most of your free time when you are in town. The coach is very comfortable and it needs to be, you spend quite a bit of time driving. Be prepared for early starts and some long days..... well worth it though! I loved that my luggage was taken care of every day, taken to the bus and dropped off at my room. The itinerary is great and I had a very knowledgeable tour directed who helped us all understand the history of each location and as well as the best use of free time. It was a very enjoyable tour overall.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive London (2 Nights)
- Day 2: London Free Time
- Day 3: London – Stratford-upon-Avon – Bradford
- Day 4: Bradford – York – Near Edinburgh (Airth) (2 Nights)
- Day 5: Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 6: Edinburgh – St. Andrews – Scottish Highlands (2 Nights)
- Day 7: Scottish Highlands Excursion
- Day 8: Scottish Highlands – Glasgow
- Day 9: Glasgow – Gretna Green – Lake District – Haydock (Near Liverpool)
- Day 10: Haydock (near Liverpool) – Chester – Dublin (2 Nights)
- Day 11: Dublin Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 12: Dublin – Boyle – Donegal (2 Nights)
- Day 13: County Donegal Excursion
- Day 14: Donegal – Galway – Cliffs of Moher – Tipperary
- Day 15: Tipperary – Dingle Peninsula – Tralee
- Day 16: Tralee – Blarney – Waterford
- Day 17: Waterford – Cardiff
- Day 18: Cardiff – Bath – Windsor – London
- Day 19: Depart London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends after breakfast on the last day of the tour at the Hilton Olympia hotel.
Please note the ending point is subject to change until your final documents have been issued.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day so you can arrive in London anytime during the first day. After checking in to the Hilton Olympia hotel the rest of your day is free to explore this magical city.
Please note the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents have been issued.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour price, however, they can be arranged for additional cost once you have a confirmed booking.
If you are interested in booking an airport transfer and have a confirmed booking, please contact our customer support team so this can be arranged for you.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Britain and Ireland Explorer (19 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- FridayAug 31, 2018from London19 DaysTuesdaySep 18, 2018to London10+ seats left$115USD $2,755
- FridaySep 7, 2018from London19 DaysTuesdaySep 25, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$115USD $2,755
- FridaySep 21, 2018from London19 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to London0 seats left$115USD $2,755Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridaySep 28, 2018from London19 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to London10+ seats left$102USD $2,448
- FridayApr 26, 2019from London19 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to London10+ seats left$93USD $2,232
- FridayMay 3, 2019from London19 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to London9 seats left$111USD $2,664
- FridayMay 10, 2019from London19 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to London10+ seats left$111USD $2,664
- FridayMay 17, 2019from London19 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to London10+ seats left$111USD $2,664
- FridayMay 24, 2019from London19 DaysTuesdayJun 11, 2019to London10+ seats left$111USD $2,664
- FridayMay 31, 2019from London19 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to London10+ seats left$111USD $2,664
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Wales
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request CostSaver to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this CostSaver booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 October 2018 the full payment of $2,232 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2232 for Britain and Ireland Explorer (19 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for CostSaver tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 133 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 178 km
- Bradford (England)
- 48 km
- York (England)
- 259 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Pitlochry (Scotland)
- 79 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 94 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,232 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,046 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Britain and Ireland Explorer (19 Days)