Best of Holland Belgium and Luxembourg Summer 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 2,189
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JWJohnWritten on January 26, 20183.0 - AverageBooked a “Best of Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg” tour in 2017 and the tour was actually quite good. The 'Tour Director' Annerieke though was poor. She appeared to be silly and immature and was also distant at times. She also messed up my transfer to the airport from Brussels which meant I had to pay a taxi to get my flight even though I had already paid for the transfer. Unfortunately, Trafalgar - although made aware of this - did not even offer a refund of the taxi fare - poor.Show detailed ratings
- BABernadetteWritten on June 30, 20163.5 - GoodBooked the “Best of Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg” tour through Grand European Travel. The actual tour is done by Trafalgar Tours. Absolutely FANTASTIC driver (Oliver)!! Carolyn, our tour guide was good as well. I’ve done trips with small companies/groups before, but learned quickly that there are pros and cons to using these types of tour companies. Pros: 1. Getting to see (not necessarily actually visit) more sites than I probably would have own my own. Cons: 1. This company charges extra for trips to most of the sites. It felt that the money paid was simply to get you to the various cities/countries. Actual site visits are an extra fee and unfortunately, some of the add-on trips are not worth the charge. 2. I was on vacation…not retired. I wake up at 5:30am every day to go to work. Getting up at the same time while on “vacation” to hurry and eat breakfast and hurry to the bus (which will leave you) is not my idea of a vacation. Noteworthy: They offer an add-on trip to a chocolatier to see how the chocolates are made. Completely uninspiring!! But this was tied to a trip to the Timmermans Brewery which was informative and the lambic beer was so good! We spent what felt like an eternity at the Luxembourg American Cemetery and Memorial is located in Hamm, Luxembourg City. While it was a solemn place of interest and history, how long can one stare at graves? Yet, we breezed through The Rijksmuseum and while that area has several museums, we only went to the Rijks. I was happy to be able to stay on my own to continue in the Rijks and then visit the Van Gogh Museum. The Atomium is a famous landmark in Belgium. We had to quickly get off the bus about ½ mile from it to take quick photos. Would have been fun to go into the building. It’s like coming to NYC and just driving past the Empire State Building! Markthal Rotterdam (Horseshoe Marketplace and apartment complex) was fabulous and was NOT extra money to visit! One could spend a day there…eating and drinking! It was grand! A canal dinner was offered which is very, very nice. The young woman we had as a tour guide during the dinner was extremely knowledgeable. The food, which we were told was an authentic Dutch dinner, was delicious. Highlight of the trip is the dinner at De Stamper farmhouse! Do not miss that if you do this tour. Best city to visit and walk about on your own was Bruges. The alleyways of Amsterdam are fun, too. Hotels in Amsterdam, Luxembourg and Bruges were ok…pretty standard. Not close to city, but you could get back and forth via bus. However, the RENAISSANCE BRUSSELS was a nightmare! I live in NYC, so I clearly understand what it’s like to live in a city after a terror attack; but the security at this hotel was completely over the top! Imagine a tour bus of 40+ people arriving after being in a bus all day, standing in a line, with all their luggage, in the rain to get in the door and through security where the guards are opening every handbag and piece of luggage…one at a time. It was horrible! And, every single time you stepped out the door of the hotel, you had to go through a metal detector, all your bags were completely searched and you were wanded…every single time! I went out once to go to the city. I landed up staying out all day because I didn’t want to have to go in/out of the hotel. I also didn’t buy anything because I didn’t want to carry any bags back to the hotel. Brussels was the only city where I didn’t buy something. Honestly, there was less security at the airport than there was at the Renaissance and I felt completely secure in the airport! All-in-all, I left feeling like there was so much we didn’t get to do; which is unfortunate. I’ve traveled a lot, mostly on my own, and I’ve never had that feeling after a trip before. Will I ever do a tour like this again? Probably not; it isn’t for me, but I can see the appeal for others. Just watch out for those add-ons! ;)Show detailed ratings
- SSueWritten on April 6, 20165.0 - Excellentawesome. saw heapsShow detailed ratings
- KGKenWritten on December 25, 20152.0 - Rather poorEway too many people on the bus. 52 made travelling very crowded.Show detailed ratings
- KSKrisWritten on December 24, 20153.5 - GoodThe trip itself was great but the tour director was the worst, and that can affect the entire trip. She made no effort to know our names and called a few passengers who had mobility issues the handicapped group. Would definitely travel with trafalgar again but hope that the tour director likes their job.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Amsterdam (3 Nights)
- Day 2: Amsterdam Sightseeing and At Leisure
- Day 3: The Hague – Delft and Rotterdam Excursion
- Day 4: Amsterdam – Maastricht – Bastogne – Luxembourg (2 Nights)
- Day 5: Luxembourg Sightseeing and At Leisure
- Day 6: Luxembourg – Orval – Dinant – Bruges (2 Nights)
- Day 7: Bruges Sightseeing and At Leisure
- Day 8: Bruges – Ghent – Brussels (2 Nights)
- Day 9: Brussels At Leisure
- Day 10: Depart Brussels
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 22, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes in the morning at Sofitel Europe in Brussels and it's time to say farewell to your newfound travel friends and continue your separate ways! You can choose to take the included airport transfer to Brussels Airport at 8 am or 12 pm or you can take advantage of the complimentary transfer back to Amsterdam, where you will be dropped off at the Trafalgar Amsterdam hotel at approximately 3 pm, depending on traffic conditions. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 22, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Wyndham Apollo in Amsterdam anytime during the day. Airport arrival transfers are available at 9 am, 11.30 am and 2.30 pm to take you to your accommodation. Spend your day settling in at your hotel and gather around in the evening to meet with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception cruise including a light meal and welcome drink. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 22, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are included in this tour at designated times. Arrival transfers are available in Amsterdam at 9 am, 11.30 am and 2.30 pm on the first day of the tour and departure transfers are available in Brussels at 8 am and 12 pm on the last day of the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Best of Holland Belgium and Luxembourg Summer 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats leftUSD $2,650
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$398$2,650-15%USD $2,253
- FridayJun 29, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Amsterdam0 seats leftUSD $2,650Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJul 6, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats leftUSD $2,650
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats left$386$2,575-15%USD $2,189
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats leftUSD $2,575
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats leftUSD $2,575
- FridayAug 10, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Amsterdam7 seats leftUSD $2,575
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Amsterdam7 seats leftUSD $2,575
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Amsterdam10 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats leftUSD $2,695
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands , Belgium and Luxembourg
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Amsterdam.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 July 2018 the full payment of $2,189 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2189 for Best of Holland Belgium and Luxembourg Summer 2018, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 54 km
- Delft (Netherlands)
- 13 km
- Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- 57 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 29 km
- Haarzuilens (Netherlands)
- 149 km
- Maastricht (Netherlands)
- 95 km
- Bastogne (Belgium)
- 53 km
- Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- 113 km
- Dinant (Belgium)
- 159 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,189 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Holland Belgium and Luxembourg Summer 2018