The Southern Drift
- US $ 5,850
- Visit Franz Josef Glacier
- Cruise overnight on spectacular Milford Sound
- View the rainforest from the Treetop Walkway
- See the Southern Alps from the TranzAlpine train
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
Other reviews about Trafalgar:Write a review
- Anthony Hastings's review about another Trafalgar tour5.0 - ExcellentSimply magnificent, well organised and first class service 10/10
- Beverley Bohbot's review about another Trafalgar tour4.0 - GoodThe trip was up to expectation. Well organized. Guides were great. Drivers were great. Overall it really was a wonderful... Read more
- Ann Farrant's review about another Trafalgar tour4.5 - ExcellentIdeal for somebody from the UK wishing for a helpful introduction to a particular part of Australia.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch - Punakaiki
- Day 3: Punakaiki - Franz Josef
- Day 4: Franz Josef - Queenstown (3 Nights)
- Day 5: Queenstown Free Time
- Day 6: Queenstown Free Time
- Day 7: Queenstown - Milford Sound
- Day 8: Milford Sound - Stewart Island (2 Nights)
- Day 9: Stewart Island
- Day 10: Stewart Island - Mt. Cook
- Day 11: Mt. Cook - Christchurch
- Day 12: Depart Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How much luggage can I bring?
You can bring one suitcase per person with the dimensions of 76cm x 46cm x 25cm (30” x 18” x 10”) and weight not exceeding 23kg (50 lbs) due to the limited space on the coach. You can also bring one piece of hand luggage, provided it is small enough to take on the coach and does not have telescopic handles.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
The Southern Drift
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayNov 12, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayDec 10, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayJan 7, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayJan 18, 2019to Christchurch9 seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayJan 14, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayJan 25, 2019to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayJan 21, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayFeb 1, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayFeb 4, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayFeb 15, 2019to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat leftUSD $5,850Book Now Hold my
- MondayFeb 11, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayFeb 22, 2019to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayFeb 18, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayMar 1, 2019to Christchurch9 seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayFeb 25, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayMar 8, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats leftUSD $5,850
- MondayMar 4, 2019from Christchurch12 DaysFridayMar 15, 2019to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $5,850
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 December 2018 the full payment of $5,850 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5850 for The Southern Drift, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Punakaiki (New Zealand)
- 168 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 253 km
- Stewart Island (New Zealand)
- 399 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,850 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 972 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 70 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3,180 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia/Oceania tours