Iconic Rockies (Base, 13 Days)
- Cruise across Maligne Lake
- Scenic drives along the Sea-to-Sky Highway and Icefields Parkway
- Visit the thriving ski resort of Sun Peaks and Chase
- Experience gorgeous floral gardens.
- Rather Poor
- JJenGeutjesWritten on July 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis trip was unbelievably good. Thanks to both Ben , our guide and Lorne, our driver we saw an incredible cross section of Canada. Although some days seemed quite long in the coach the little extras, games and local knowledge ensured an exciting trip. The accommodation was varied and of a good standard. Would highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- ABAlexWritten on December 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentA seasoned traveller as this was my 6th tour. Not all at once you understand. The people I have met over the years and the accommodation have been first rate (better than expected) As for the tour guide. The best one yet!! Having had my fair share of medical eye issues, Ben was the only tour guide to email before I had even left Blighty to offer assistance in any way. Being single I worry about being included with fellow travellers. From day one I just had the best time, Ben our guide could not do enough for any of us, nothing was too much bother. If he ever had a bad day, being a true professional he would never let it show. We were one big family. Ben was part of the group from day one. His knowledge was amaizing, every question had an answer. He is passionate about what he does and it shows........seeing a small part of the world with Ben should be on everyones bucket list. He makes everything fun.. AS for the tour it was well worth using my savings as it was briiliant, just the right balance of culture, sightseeing and freetime. Best bits. ALL!! I loved Vancouver Island, Whilstler and Bamff When can I go back?Show detailed ratings
- CLCharlesWritten on December 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentBen was a marvelous guide. I would go with him anywhere. His enthusiasm is infectious. Hemknowsmhis subject and conveys it with a unique style. He is the greatest!!!Show detailed ratings
- CPCherylWritten on December 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentThank you Ben for a wonderful tour!! You were fun, interesting, knowledgeable, generous and just the absolute best. We learned so much from you and you made the tour so much better. Looking forward to traveling with you again.Show detailed ratings
- PMPhilipWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe travelled with Ben on the Iconic Rockies & Western Canada Tour (May 29th 2017). This was an amazing experience complimented by an even more amazing tour director. Ben's knowledge, empathy and caring approach made this the BEST trip we have ever had. Ben had the uncanny knack of being able to help you live the experience with his stories, wit and hilarious antics. He just does it all so well and SO professionally. He is a true ambassador for his beloved Canada and for Trafalgar. We thoroughly recommend both he and Trafalgar to you. You are a truly lucky person if you get Ben Hutchinson as you tour manager. We highly recommend Ben & Trafalgar to those considering a trip to Canada. Sincerely Ben, thank you so much.We needed this. You are priceless. Trafalgar are lucky to have you!!!! Phil & Di Maxwell (Melbourne Australia)Show detailed ratings
- SRSyedWritten on November 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur Trafalgar Trip, Iconic Rockies and Western Canada, was a wonderful success and exceeded our expectations in the transportation and accommodations. However, what made it that much more enjoyable was to be in the company of our wonderful guide, Ben Hutchinson. If I were to go on another tour I would not only choose Trafalgar but I would also inquire about selecting dates when Ben could be our guide.Show detailed ratings
- DDDavidWritten on October 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentEverything exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide Ben was a delight. Full of fun and added more than was necessary to make sure we were fully informed and enjoying ourselves.Show detailed ratings
- MVmichaelWritten on October 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentWestern Canada, iconic Rockies, and boat cruise up to Alaska. We could not fault the tour guide, Ben Hutchinson made this trip one to remember . Well organised, nothing was too much trouble, and always had a smile on his face. Scenery was spectacular, and accommodation and meals, excellent,Show detailed ratings
- KLKimWritten on October 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat tour of Western Canada departing from Vancouver. Rafting to see whales, experiencing the glacier along the Icefields Highway and more. Ben Hutchinson was our guide and was EXCELLENT! He had a lot to deal with and always did so with a smile, trying to meet everyone's needs.Show detailed ratings
- APAnneWritten on October 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Western Canada with the add on of the Rocky Mountaineer train journey has been on our bucket list for a great number of years. Wow !! we were not dissapointed with the whole package- the experience of a lifetime made all the more enjoyable by a very competent and friendly guide accompanying us on our travels through spectacular scenery.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Vancouver
- Day 2: Vancouver – Victoria (2 Nights)
- Day 3: Victoria Sightseeing
- Day 4: Victoria – Chemainus – Squamish – Whistler (2 Nights)
- Day 5: Whistler Sightseeing
- Day 6: Whistler – Kamloops
- Day 7: Kamloops – Rocky Mountain National Parks – Banff (2 Nights)
- Day 8: Banff Sightseeing
- Day 9: Banff – Lake Louise – Jasper (2 Nights)
- Day 10: Jasper Sightseeing
- Day 11: Jasper - Kamloops
- Day 12: Kamloops - Vancouver
- Day 13: Depart Vancouver
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I would like the names of the hotels included.
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
Is provisional booking available for this tour?
We do not have a provisional booking for this tour, however if you would like to make a booking or place a hold for 48 hours, please feel free to do so by clicking on 'check availability' on the tour page and entering your details for the date you'd like.
Alternatively, please do try contacting us again either on chat or by phone, We're available 24/7
We are in our mid 60's. Can we join this tour?
Trafalgar are open age from 5 to 80 years old and actually most of their clients would be above 40 - 50 years old.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Born and raised in Vancouver Canada, I studied Canadian and European history in university before settling..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
Iconic Rockies (Base, 13 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Vancouver13 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Vancouver0 seats leftUSD $3,550Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Vancouver13 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to VancouverOnly 1 seat leftUSD $3,550
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to Vancouver7 seats left$390$3,895-10%USD $3,506
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayMay 24, 2019to Vancouver10+ seats leftUSD $3,950
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Vancouver9 seats left$395$3,950-10%USD $3,555
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayJun 7, 2019to Vancouver10+ seats left$400$3,995-10%USD $3,596
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Vancouver7 seats left$403$4,025-10%USD $3,623
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayJun 21, 2019to Vancouver7 seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Vancouver9 seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Vancouver13 DaysFridayJul 5, 2019to Vancouver10+ seats left$415$4,150-10%USD $3,735
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Vancouver.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 October 2018 the full payment of $3,506 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3506 for Iconic Rockies (Base, 13 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Vancouver (Canada)
- 94 km
- Victoria (Canada)
- 61 km
- Chemainus (Canada)
- 96 km
- Squamish (Canada)
- 48 km
- Whistler (Canada)
- 232 km
- Sun Peaks (Canada)
- 121 km
- Revelstoke (Canada)
- 52 km
- Glacier National Park (Canada)
- 73 km
- Yoho National Park (Canada)
- 46 km
- Banff National Park (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,506 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,872 tours in North America
- covered by 70 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 36 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iconic Rockies (Base, 13 Days)