Mediterranean Escape base none 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,895
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Haris "This trip was undeniably above and beyond our expectations. My girlfriend and I did the European Relaxation tour with Maine. We had just came from traveling Northern Europe and spent the remainder of our 10 day vacation on this Contiki. The stark difference between contiki tour vs non contiki tour was the simple fact that we didn't have to worry about all the nuances with travel logistics. And I'm..."
Start in Rome and end in Athens! With the discovery tour Mediterranean Escape base none 2018, you have a 10 day tour package taking you from Rome to Athens and through Rome, Italy and 7 other destinations in Europe. Mediterranean Escape base none 2018 includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- BSBrynWritten on July 6, 20183.0 - AverageHotels weren’t as close to nightlife or restaurants so as a result cabs had to be taken more than I was expecting! Ended up being a bigger portion of the transportation. Included meals could also use some work. Otherwise had an amazing trip with an amazing group and memories that will last a lifetime! So grateful that contiki organized and planned everything; traveling was definitely easier and less stressful this way!Show detailed ratings
- VRVictoriaWritten on January 13, 20184.0 - GoodMy contiki trip was incredible, primarily due to our tour guide Martina Musso. Her personalizations for each day sheet and map really made a difference. In every place we visited, she listed her top things to do that allowed for us to experience places we wouldn't necessarily have known about. For example, I had previously spent a couple months in Rome and didn't think there was much new to see. However, she had some interesting spots to check out on her day sheets that allowed for me to have an amazing time in Rome! Additionally, due to the busy tourist season in August, one of our hotels was changed from what was originally on the itinerary. Although the accommodations were disappointing as compared to the original plan, she always kept a positive attitude and made sure to make the experience as fun as it could be given the circumstances. Martina was an incredible TM who ran the trip amazingly while making it incredibly fun the whole time! She made the Mediterranean Escape trip an unforgettable experience that I will cherish forever!Show detailed ratings
- TWTaylorWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had the most amazing opportunity to travel Europe!! I had an absolute blast My Trip Manager made my journey through Italy an incredible experience. Martina had a tough group but she was still her amazing loving self. I appreciate everything she did for our contiki group I have never had a TM like her!! I wish I could assign her to every trip I take around the world!!Show detailed ratings
- HMHarisWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was undeniably above and beyond our expectations. My girlfriend and I did the European Relaxation tour with Maine. We had just came from traveling Northern Europe and spent the remainder of our 10 day vacation on this Contiki. The stark difference between contiki tour vs non contiki tour was the simple fact that we didn't have to worry about all the nuances with travel logistics. And I'm not saying that we didn't have options,or that we were boxed into a predefined plan, it definitely was a wide variety of stuff that we wanted to do and stuff we would never known existed. As much as I may be able to attribute this to Contiki and their travel model, this model is only successful when you have insanely talented people like Maite. She literally blew us away every day, from start to finish. She is so well planned and fun and knowledgeable and interesting. When I tell my friends about my trip, she is a big part of the story. She knew so much about history, but also about new trends. She is educated and street smart. Case and point, the first night, we saw 5 major sites in Rome within 2 hours. Not because we didn't stop and enjoy, but because we would take narrow alleys that were short cuts through the city. Then she would break out into a history lesson. I and on the very last day, after spending all day learning about the history of Athens, we all met up in the lobby where there was a piano where she sat at and broke out this insane classical piece. She then proceeded to take us to a locals only rooftop craft cocktail bar a with one of the best views the Acropolis. Hands down one of the dopest persons I have met in life.Show detailed ratings
- ASAmandaWritten on May 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentSo amazing, she New so much about the location history, people, entertainment.... everything. Wouldn't have been the same without her!Show detailed ratings
- KGKatieWritten on May 6, 20174.0 - GoodMaïté was the best guide on my contiki trip through Italy and Greece last summer! So full of energy, a blast to be around, and made sure everyone on the trip was having a great time. Her recommendations were always so good, especially in Rome as she's a local. She is everything you'd want in a trip leader!Show detailed ratings
- AAnnaWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentMäitè's enthusiasm and knowledge of all places was almost unbelievable. My friends and I were absolutely blown away.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Rome
- Day 2: Rome
- Day 3: Rome
- Day 4: Rome to Amalfi Coast via Sorrento
- Day 5: Amalfi Coast incl Capri
- Day 6: Amalfi Coast
- Day 7: Amalfi Coast to Overnight Ferry via Pompeii and Bari
- Day 8: Overnight Adriatic Ferry to Athens via Patras and the Corinth Canal
- Day 9: Athens
- Day 10: Depart Athens
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mair, 59 years old26th September 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Mediterranean Escape base none 2018
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Athens8 seats left$95USD $1,895
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayMay 27, 2019to Athens7 seats left$95USD $1,905
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$99USD $1,971
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Athens9 seats left$99USD $1,971
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$99USD $1,971
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Athens9 seats left$103USD $2,061
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $2,061
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayAug 5, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$101USD $2,014
- SaturdayAug 10, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondayAug 19, 2019to Athens9 seats left$101USD $2,014
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Rome10 DaysMondaySep 2, 2019to Athens7 seats left$98USD $1,962
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroItaly and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rome is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 December 2018 the full payment of $1,895 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1895 for Mediterranean Escape base none 2018, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,174 km.
- Rome (Italy)
- 212 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 19 km
- Amalfi (Italy)
- 33 km
- Capri (Italy)
- 33 km
- Amalfi (Italy)
- 16 km
- Pompeii (Italy)
- 681 km
- Patra (Greece)
- 110 km
- Corinth (Greece)
- 69 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,895 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mediterranean Escape base none 2018