Icelandic Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 4,819
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Rather Poor
- AAzizWritten on November 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic! really loved it
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
- Day 3: Skaftafell National Park / Jokulsarlon
- Day 4: South Coast / Reykjavik
- Day 5: Akureyri / Lake Myvatn
- Day 6: Lake Myvatn
- Day 7: Reykjavik
- Day 8: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
Aside from the Northern Lights, this tour includes many other unforgettable once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, bathe in the famous geothermal Blue Lagoon and drive through the beautiful scenery of Iceland’s South Shore. It's sure to be an amazing trip!
Is the age limited to 70? Or is this merely a recommendation?
The age limit of 70 is just a recommendation, but if you're physically active and young at heart this tour will be fine.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
Icelandic Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- SaturdayNov 16, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayNov 23, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$201USD $4,819
- SaturdayDec 7, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 14, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$201USD $4,819
- SaturdayDec 14, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 21, 2019to Reykjavik5 seats left$213USD $5,107Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJan 4, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayJan 11, 2020to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$217USD $5,203Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJan 18, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayJan 25, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$211USD $5,059
- SaturdayFeb 15, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayFeb 22, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$211USD $5,059
- SaturdayFeb 29, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayMar 7, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$211USD $5,059
- SaturdayNov 14, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayNov 21, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$211USD $5,059
- SaturdayNov 21, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayNov 28, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$211USD $5,059
- SaturdayNov 28, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 5, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$211USD $5,059
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Peregrine Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Peregrine Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2019 the full payment of $4,819 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4819 for Icelandic Northern Lights, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Peregrine Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 64 km
- Hvolsvollur (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 156 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 22 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 157 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,819 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,179 tours in Europe
- covered by 535 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Icelandic Northern Lights
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers