Icelandic Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 3,303
- +11 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle, Mini-coach
- Travel style
Other reviews about Peregrine Adventures:Write a review
- John Elliott's review about another Peregrine Adventures tour4.0 - GoodOur guide, Maja, was knowledgable, friendly and very accommodating, with a beautiful personality. People signing up for ... Read more
- Jannette Rush's review about another Peregrine Adventures tour5.0 - ExcellentOur itinerary was disrupted by bad weather but our guides and the captain and crew made sure we got to experience most o... Read more
- Gary Sargent's review about another Peregrine Adventures tour4.0 - GoodThe guide could have described what we were seeing as we drove in the mini-van for 100s of km but instead she was immers... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
- Day 3: Skaftafell National Park / Jokulsarlon / Vik
- Day 4: South Coast / Blue Lagoon / Reykjavik
- Day 5: Akureyri / Lake Myvatn
- Day 6: Lake Myvatn
- Day 7: Reykjavik
- Day 8: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
Aside from the Northern Lights, this tour includes many other unforgettable once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, bathe in the famous geothermal Blue Lagoon and drive through the beautiful scenery of Iceland’s South Shore. It's sure to be an amazing trip!
Is the age limited to 70? Or is this merely a recommendation?
The age limit of 70 is just a recommendation, but if you're physically active and young at heart this tour will be fine.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Icelandic Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$313$4,235-7%USD $3,922
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 1, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$313$4,235-7%USD $3,922
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 8, 2018to Reykjavik8 seats left$740$4,320-17%USD $3,580
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$932$4,235-22%USD $3,303
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Reykjavik8 seats left$106USD $4,129
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayJan 12, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$114USD $4,461
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$106USD $4,129
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$110USD $4,295
- SaturdayNov 16, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayNov 23, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$126USD $4,894
- SaturdayNov 23, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSaturdayNov 30, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$126USD $4,894
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Peregrine Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $600 to confirm this Peregrine Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 December 2018 the full payment of $3,303 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3303 for Icelandic Northern Lights, but the deposit of $600 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Peregrine Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 64 km
- Hvolsvollur (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 156 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 22 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 157 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,303 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,509 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 22,970 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers