- Our saving
- US $ 1,144
- Visit the bird lovers paradise of Orkney
- Stroll through the historic port of Stromness
- Take a ferry to the island of Hoy
- Do the West Westray Coastal walk
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: (Sunday):
Start point Meet at main concourse, Haymarket Station, Haymarket Station Bus Stop, Haymarket, Edinburgh, Scotland EH12 5JZ, United Kingdom 09:00
- Day 2: (Monday):
- Day 3: (Tuesday):
- Day 4: (Wednesday):
- Day 5: (Thursday):
- Day 6: (Friday):
Day 7: (Saturday):
End point Any hotel or hostel in City of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, City Of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom 15:00
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- LoisWritten on June 23, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Peter was very knowledgeable and flexible with the three of us on the tour. He was new to this tour, but that did not deter him from researching the islands and suggesting different options for us. Our walks were educational and the scenery was stunning.Review collected by Walkabout Scotland
- SShonaBudgeWritten on March 28, 20181.0 - Bad
you put gusts to he Inn guest House in Orkney , and took their money then did not pay the money due to us, which the guests payed for!! I have asked you to pay for this many times but do not book on this site .its a scamShow detailed ratingsWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewthis bill was overlooked by accident. No reminders were received but have checked through accounts and have found originals. However, your phone is currently offline (9pm 28/4/18) but have emailed new card details today after receiving your phone call to the office this afternoon.
- RERuthWritten on August 21, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Stunning countryside and excellent guide made for a great holiday. However, administration and communication from head office definitely needs improvement.
- KRKathleenWritten on May 22, 20175.0 - Excellent
Great guide, good accommodations, very interesting route. Really loved the history and archaeological sites. Great walks with lots of beautiful scenery.Show detailed ratingsWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewThanks a lot for the great review Kathleen! Cheers Jon
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the pickup location? What time will we be picked up?
The Orkney pick up is at 09.00am Edinburgh Waverley Station and 12.30pm Inverness tram station.
Can you provide the expected walking times each day of the tour?
Here are the walking times:
*Monday - about 6 hours walking with a couple of hours break at Scara Brae
*Tuesday - 7 hours walking plus ferry travel
*Wednesday - travel day with short walks
*Thursday - 6 hours walking
*Friday - 4 hours plus travel time
Where do I have to go to meet you for the Orkney Tour and where will you drop me off after the trip?
You need to be in Edinburgh before 09.00 or we can pick you up from Inverness at midday. On the way back we can drop you at Inverness by midday or be back in Edinburgh by 5pm.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Louise23rd August 2019
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 14 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 14 December 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Walkabout Scotland. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Walkabout Scotland. Please familiarise yourself with the Walkabout Scotland payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Walkabout Scotland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Walkabout Scotland tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 355 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 18 km
- Kirkwall (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Stromness (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Hoy (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Stromness (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Scrabster (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Rackwick (Scotland)
- 163 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 181 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,144 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,188 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Orkney Encounter