- Our saving
- US $ 1,413
- Visit the bird lovers paradise of Orkney
- Stroll through the historic port of Stromness
- Take a ferry to the island of Hoy
- Do the West Westray Coastal walk
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- SShonaBudgeWritten on March 28, 20181.0 - Bad
you put gusts to he Inn guest House in Orkney , and took their money then did not pay the money due to us, which the guests payed for!! I have asked you to pay for this many times but do not book on this site .its a scamShow detailed ratingsWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewthis bill was overlooked by accident. No reminders were received but have checked through accounts and have found originals. However, your phone is currently offline (9pm 28/4/18) but have emailed new card details today after receiving your phone call to the office this afternoon.
- RERuthWritten on August 21, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Stunning countryside and excellent guide made for a great holiday. However, administration and communication from head office definitely needs improvement.
- KRKathleenWritten on May 22, 20175.0 - Excellent
Great guide, good accommodations, very interesting route. Really loved the history and archaeological sites. Great walks with lots of beautiful scenery.Show detailed ratingsWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewThanks a lot for the great review Kathleen! Cheers Jon
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: (Sunday):
- Day 2: (Monday):
- Day 3: (Tuesday):
- Day 4: (Wednesday):
- Day 5: (Thursday):
- Day 6: (Friday):
- Day 7: (Saturday):
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the pickup location? What time will we be picked up?
The Orkney pick up is at 09.00am Edinburgh Waverley Station and 12.30pm Inverness tram station.
Can you provide the expected walking times each day of the tour?
Here are the walking times:
*Monday - about 6 hours walking with a couple of hours break at Scara Brae
*Tuesday - 7 hours walking plus ferry travel
*Wednesday - travel day with short walks
*Thursday - 6 hours walking
*Friday - 4 hours plus travel time
Where do I have to go to meet you for the Orkney Tour and where will you drop me off after the trip?
You need to be in Edinburgh before 09.00 or we can pick you up from Inverness at midday. On the way back we can drop you at Inverness by midday or be back in Edinburgh by 5pm.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$44USD $1,413
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to EdinburghOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,413
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$44USD $1,413
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$44USD $1,413
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$44USD $1,413
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Walkabout Scotland booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 January 2019 the full payment of $1,413 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1413 for Orkney Encounter, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Walkabout Scotland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Walkabout Scotland tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 355 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 18 km
- Kirkwall (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Stromness (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Hoy (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Stromness (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Scrabster (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Rackwick (Scotland)
- 163 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 181 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,413 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,456 tours in Europe
- covered by 270 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Orkney Encounter via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Orkney Encounter