- Rather Poor
- PhilWritten on July 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad the greatest time. Tour gide Chris was an absolute legend.Show detailed ratings
- INIsabelleWritten on August 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentLOVED THIS TOUR. This was my first time booking with a tour company so I was quite anxious going in as I didn't know if I'd enjoy it. But the risk paid off... The tour was well organised, made new friends and got to experience things I probably wouldn't have if I travelled alone. I recommend travelling to Japan in Sakura Season like I did, although it's slightly more expensive and busier, you won't regret it. It's beautiful! Most people in the group were solo travellers (I'd say about 70%) and everyone Australian. We stayed in 3-4 star hotels which were nice and well located, as well as two nights in a guesthouse where we slept on Tatami Matts. All travel was included - 7 day bullet train pass, and travel within each city we visited. It was a good mix of group activities and down time. Before I left, I made a list of things that I wanted to do in each city on the itinerary and managed to see quite a lot so I'd recommend planning ahead too, as it can be quite a fast paced tour at times.. (we had about 45mins at the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto which isn't a lot of time as it's huge and you can easily get lost!) Overall, I'd go this tour over and over again. Loved every minute and loved Japan even more. I think when visiting Japan for the first time, it would be crucial to do a tour as English isn't widely spoken throughout Japan!Show detailed ratingsGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Isabelle, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us... we’re happy we could show you a great time on your first ever group trip! :) Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We always share positive comments like these with our entire global team and you can be sure that they will be very much appreciated. We hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Geckos
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Kanazawa
- Day 4: Kanazawa
- Day 5: Kyoto
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Hiroshima
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Osaka
- Day 10: Osaka
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does the "Discover Japan" trip, include single accommodation or can this be added at additional cost?
Private accommodations are not available on this specific tour. If you are signing on as a solo traveller you'll be paired up with another traveller the same gender and similar age.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Is there an actual tour guide that takes care of everything or are you basically pointed in the right direction by a guide?
All group trips are accompanied by one group leader. The aim of the group leader is to take the hassle out of your travels and to help you have the best trip possible. Geckos endeavours to provide the services of an experienced leader however, due to the seasonality of travel, rare situations may arise where your leader is new to a particular region or training other group leaders. Your leader will provide information on the places you are travelling through, offer suggestions for things to do and see, recommend great local eating venues and introduce you to our local friends. While not being guides in the traditional sense you can expect them to have a broad general knowledge of the places visited on the trip, including historical, cultural, religious and social aspects. Geckos aims to support local guides who have specialized knowledge of the regions they visit.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Osaka0 seats leftUSD $2,573Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Tokyo10 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Osaka0 seats leftUSD $2,453Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Geckos Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Geckos Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Discover Japan, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Geckos Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 292 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 190 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,418 tours in Asia
- covered by 254 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Japan
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers