Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies
- Our saving
- US $ 68
- Get close to Scotland’s history at Stirling Castle
- The Kelpies, magnificent 100ft high steel sculpture
- Balmaha Village with view to Ben Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Swan off to a local pub in Aberfoyle
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LALarryWritten on January 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe traveled to The Isle of Skye and many other Scotland wonders including the wonderful Kelpies. Kirsty is a terrific young lady with vast knowledge of Scotland and its history. Everyday she had a wonderful faerie take for us as well as fabulous music to fill the longer drives. Besides being an excellent and wonderful guide she is also a very good driver. Above all she is a magnificent person who we consider to be a lifelong friend. We can not recommend anyone more highly.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Larry and Karen, Thank you for the 5 star rating and review. I am so happy to hear that Kirsty made the tour so enjoyable with the fascinating stories that she shared and her friendly and welcoming personality. Best Wishes, Brenna
- KKatefeeney72@yahoo.com.auWritten on November 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat, friendly tour guide with lots of knowledge. Really fun and nice !Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a lovely time on the day tour and that your guide's knowledge and friendly personality added to the overall experience. Best Wishes, Brenna
- LSLorenaWritten on December 8, 20164.5 - ExcellentI did the Stirling + Loch Lomond tour with Gill and she was amazing! We enjoyed a lot her tour! :)Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lorena, Thanks very much for your review. We're really happy that you had an amazing day out with Gill! All the best, Kyle
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Lochs, Castles and the Kelpies
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2016
Can you tell me more about the itinerary of this trip?
This tour will depart Edinburgh and head west through Scotland's central belt to take in views of the stunning Kelpies, the world's largest equine sculptures. Then it's north to the ‘Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond’ where you will take time at Balmaha to admire views of Ben Lomond. Next explore Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park stopping at the quaint Highland village of Aberfoyle, a beautiful location at the southern edge of the West Highland Fault Line which was often frequented by Sir Walter Scott.
The afternoon is spent exploring Stirling. Take the chance to discover impressive Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s most important structures both historically and architecturally. Many have been crowned at Stirling Castle, including Mary Queen of Scots, and it was central to William Wallace’s fight in the Wars of Independence. Alternatively explore Stirling, geographically one of the most significant towns in Scottish history. We return to Edinburgh early evening.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayWednesdayMay 30, 2018to EdinburghOnly 1 seat left$2USD $73
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayFridayJun 1, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayJun 3, 2018to EdinburghOnly 1 seat left$2USD $78
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayFridayJun 8, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayJun 10, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Edinburgh5 seats left$2USD $78
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayFridayJun 15, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayJun 17, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
- WednesdayJun 20, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayWednesdayJun 20, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $78
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 July 2018 the full payment of $68 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $68 for Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 67 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 34 km
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park (Scotland)
- 16 km
- Aberfoyle (Scotland)
- 29 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $68 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies