Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies
- Our saving
- US $ 68
- +4 Destinations
- Get close to Scotland’s history at Stirling Castle
- The Kelpies, magnificent 100ft high steel sculpture
- Balmaha Village with view to Ben Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Swan off to a local pub in Aberfoyle
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- PeterWritten on September 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was actually the Castle and broomstick one dayer but App wouldn’t allow me to select it. We had another wonderful day. Are all your guides as passionate and knowledgeable as the three we had? Can’t wait to get back and travel with you guys again. Thank you.Show detailed ratings
- JJoanneWritten on September 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentCaitlin was fantastic. She told a number of interesting stories on the tour, and gave us just the right amount of time in each location. I kept asking about Highland Cattle, so she made a special stop so we could meet some! It was the highlight of my day. The only (very minor) suggestion I would make is that the music on the bus was sometimes a little loud, as we would have liked to have slept a bit on the way back.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for the 5 stars review. We are so glad you have had the chance to see the Highland cows. What an adorable and friendly animal! We hope you will come back for more adventures. Best, Kim
- GGabrieleWritten on June 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe bus was new and really comfortable. The trip was fun and interesting, loved Stirling castle and Balmaha. Caitlin was a great guide, really funny and made the trip much more interesting with facts and her commentary.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Gabriele, Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you had a great time on tour with Caitlin and found the bus comfortable. We hope you can return soon. Best, Siiri
- LALarryWritten on January 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe traveled to The Isle of Skye and many other Scotland wonders including the wonderful Kelpies. Kirsty is a terrific young lady with vast knowledge of Scotland and its history. Everyday she had a wonderful faerie take for us as well as fabulous music to fill the longer drives. Besides being an excellent and wonderful guide she is also a very good driver. Above all she is a magnificent person who we consider to be a lifelong friend. We can not recommend anyone more highly.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Larry and Karen, Thank you for the 5 star rating and review. I am so happy to hear that Kirsty made the tour so enjoyable with the fascinating stories that she shared and her friendly and welcoming personality. Best Wishes, Brenna
- KKatefeeney72@yahoo.com.auWritten on November 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat, friendly tour guide with lots of knowledge. Really fun and nice !Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a lovely time on the day tour and that your guide's knowledge and friendly personality added to the overall experience. Best Wishes, Brenna
- LSLorenaWritten on December 8, 20164.5 - ExcellentI did the Stirling + Loch Lomond tour with Gill and she was amazing! We enjoyed a lot her tour! :)Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lorena, Thanks very much for your review. We're really happy that you had an amazing day out with Gill! All the best, Kyle
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Lochs, Castles and the Kelpies
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you tell me more about the itinerary of this trip?
This tour will depart Edinburgh and head west through Scotland's central belt to take in views of the stunning Kelpies, the world's largest equine sculptures. Then it's north to the ‘Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond’ where you will take time at Balmaha to admire views of Ben Lomond. Next explore Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park stopping at the quaint Highland village of Aberfoyle, a beautiful location at the southern edge of the West Highland Fault Line which was often frequented by Sir Walter Scott.
The afternoon is spent exploring Stirling. Take the chance to discover impressive Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s most important structures both historically and architecturally. Many have been crowned at Stirling Castle, including Mary Queen of Scots, and it was central to William Wallace’s fight in the Wars of Independence. Alternatively explore Stirling, geographically one of the most significant towns in Scottish history. We return to Edinburgh early evening.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I have been working for Haggis Adventures and Highland Explorer for a year and a half now, and it has..."
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gregory6th September 2018
Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Edinburgh1 DayFridayOct 26, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $73
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayOct 28, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $73
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayNov 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayNov 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayNov 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayNov 25, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayDec 2, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayDec 9, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayDec 16, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Edinburgh1 DaySundayDec 23, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$2USD $68
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 December 2018 the full payment of $68 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $68 for Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 85 km
- Balmaha (Scotland)
- 6 km
- Loch Lomond (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 16 km
- Falkirk (Scotland)
- 37 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $68 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Lochs, Castles and The Kelpies