South Island Snow Odyssey
- Our saving
- US $ 1,811
- +3 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- SSofiaWritten on September 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing! Good accomodation and good food every day, our tour guide, Burto, made the driving very interesting with all his knowledge and fun facts. The skiing couldn't be better according to conditions, Burto's knowledge of where the best snow is at what time of the day is of such a big value, that's something I've told my friends and family. On our non skiing days Burto came up with suggestions of things to do and made sure everyone got to do what they wanted, awesome! Next time I book a tour with Haka I'll ask Burto which tour he's running so I can be on his tour again, that way I know I'll have a great time!Show detailed ratings
- SBSoniaWritten on September 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentBrilliant ski tour with fabulous guides all the way. I have no complaints whatsoever and I will be back for more of the same! Thanks Burto!Show detailed ratings
- BBobbyWritten on September 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentI signed up for the 12 Day Snow Odyssey based off of the online itinerary on the Haka Tour website since it seemed quite comprehensive and good value. The tour guide, Burto, was very knowledgeable about outdoors/mountains/snow sports and New Zealand history/culture in general which really elevated the tour experience. Having Burto lead us around the south island for ~2 weeks definitely made the trip more of an adventure. Given his extensive experience with the mountain ranges, he was able to tailor the trip based around local whether patterns to make sure we got the best snow possible each day. Accommodation on the tour was very comfortable and ranged from hostels, to communal ski chalets, and even a private house for our group on occasion. Last, the transportation was great and gave us access to any destination en route.Show detailed ratings
- JWJoeWritten on September 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentEverything about the 12 day Odyssey is brilliant. The organisation is flexible to get the best conditions, you visit some wicked spots and Burto is the best driver, ski guide and good bloke I've ever had the pleasure of being guided by! Knows awesome spots and how best to get there, roadtrips are kept interesting by crazy facts along the way. Driving is safe on some horrendous roads.Show detailed ratings
- JBJeremiahWritten on September 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentMikey "Burto" is the best tour guide I have seen on four continents! He can do it all: ski, board, organise, drive and cook, but the best thing about him is his depth of knowledge and enthusiasm for the environment and history. From the economics of running a ski field through to the evolution of New Zealand's native fauna, from cloud patterns to astronomy to the Maori Wars to putting your weight down the mountain, Burto knows it all.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Christchurch to Porter Heights
- Day 2 Mt Olympus
- Day 3 Temple Basin
- Day 4 Craigieburn
- Day 5 Broken River
- Day 6 Lake Tekapo
- Day 7 Mt Dobson
- Day 8 Ohau
- Day 9 Ohau
- Day 10 Ohau to Wanaka
- Day 11 Wanaka
- Day 12 Wanaka to Christchurch
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Do you arrange flights?
TourRadar is an online booking portal for group tours only, we are not a travel agency so we cannot arrange flights for you, we recommend using skyscanner.com or kayak.com to find the best possible price for international flights.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
South Island Snow Odyssey
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$263$2,074-13%USD $1,811
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat left$263$2,074-13%USD $1,811
- MondayAug 13, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Christchurch6 seats left$263$2,074-13%USD $1,811
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Christchurch7 seats left$263$2,074-13%USD $1,811
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$263$2,074-13%USD $1,811
- MondaySep 24, 2018from Christchurch12 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$263$2,074-13%USD $1,811
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $1,811 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1811 for South Island Snow Odyssey, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 182 km
- Lake Tekapo (New Zealand)
- 56 km
- Lake Ohau (New Zealand)
- 77 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 309 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,811 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for South Island Snow Odyssey via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on South Island Snow Odyssey