- Our saving
- US $ 1,614
- Take in Bogota's impressive street art
- Ride a cable over huge canyons
- Go biking through historic Cartagena
- Horseback ride in San Augustin
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport, Plane
- Travel style
- Adventure, In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- KkimberleyWritten on May 18, 20184.0 - GoodOverall it was a great tour - the guide, hotels and included activities were great. However there was a lot of driving involved (1 day of 8 hours + 2 days of 6 hours). I felt disappointed with tierradentro - it was nice, but for 6 hours driving we spent two hours in a park which I didn’t find amazing. I would have preferred to have skipped this day.Show detailed ratings
- RRobertWritten on May 27, 20173.5 - GoodThe itinerary and destinations gave a nice overview of the entire country in only two weeks, which is an achievement due to the massive cultural and geographic differences between the mountainous regions, the Pacific Coast and the Caribbean Coast. I would like to recommend that an additional day be added to spend in Cali as it's a large city with a lot to do, and arriving midday by van only left one afternoon to frantically explore. I would also think most travelers would have liked an additional day to spend in Cartagena which is likely the highlight of the tour for many (flight delays caused us to arrive late at night so we only had one full day before the tour ended). I knocked off two stars for multiple logistical issues - road transport taking hours more than the times estimated and showing up in San Agustin to discover that the archaeological park was closed and we had to stay an additional night which disrupted the entire itinerary. Too much of the tour was spent traveling between destinations unfortunately so the tour had a bit of a hurried pace to it, it seems like we were constantly packing up every day and traveling for entire days only to arrive in time to have dinner and then leave the next morning. Popoyan should be eliminated as a stop, it was basically just a stopover point halfway to Cali (which really should be a flight from San Agustin). Also, we landed in Neiva and still had to drive another four hours to San Agustin even though it has its own airport which wasted most of a day. Too much lost time between the traveling and logistical issues.Show detailed ratings
- MMikeWritten on May 24, 20173.5 - GoodAccomodation and transportation was good. Orientation tours were poor. There were no included excursions/tours for sightseeing.Show detailed ratings
- MMikeWritten on May 24, 20173.5 - GoodAccomodation and transportation was good. There were no included excursions for sightseeing in the cities,Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Mike, our group tours in Colombia do not include sightseeing tours of the cities or towns. Instead, the tour leader does a brief orientation walk before leaving the group to their own devices. This allows travellers to explore in their way, making the most of each destination.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Bogotá
- Day 2-3: Villa de Leyva
- Day 4: Villavieja
- Day 5-6: San Agustin
- Day 7: Tierradentro
- Day 8-9: Cali
- Day 10-11: Santa Marta
- Day 12-13: Cartagena
- Day 14: Depart Cartagena
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Colombia Encompassed
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are flights included?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Can you please clarify how we would travel between Bogota -San Agustin –Popayan – Cali and the transit times?
The following journeys will be made with a flight:
Bogota - San Agustin
Cali - Bogota
Bucaramanga - Santa Marta
For every other journey, you would be travelling by public bus. The precise transit times can be disclose as these are always subject to slight changes.
How long does the viewing of archeological site take?
The guided tour of San Agustin Archaeological Park is a half-day excursion so you could expect to spend 1 - 2 hrs there. This would give you plenty of time to thoroughly explore the park!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Bogota14 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,599+ $220 Local Payment
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Bogota14 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,599+ $220 Local Payment
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Bogota14 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,699+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayJan 18, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,699+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayFeb 1, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,699+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayFeb 15, 2019to Cartagena7 seats left$85$1,699-5%USD $1,614+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayMar 1, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,699+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayMar 15, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $240 Local Payment
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Bogota14 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to Cartagena7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $240 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Colombia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Bogota is the starting point and Cartagena is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $140 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $1,614 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1614 for Classic Colombia, but the deposit of $140 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bogota (Colombia)
- 388 km
- San Agustin (Colombia)
- 72 km
- Popayan (Colombia)
- 108 km
- Cali (Colombia)
- 414 km
- Villa De Leyva (Colombia)
- 112 km
- San Gil (Colombia)
- 242 km
- Bogota (Colombia)
- 739 km
- Santa Marta (Colombia)
- 17 km
- Tayrona National Park (Colombia)
- 189 km
- Cartagena (Colombia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,614 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,834 tours in Latin America
- covered by 165 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Classic Colombia via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classic Colombia