National Parks And Lodges
- Our saving
- US $ 5,346
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- ValWritten on September 10, 20134.0 - GoodI knew the National Parks of western USA would feature canyons, mesas, buttes, granite monoliths and hot springs, but I wss astounded by the the vast expanses of such rugged beauty. To "see" the parks was one thing; to "experience" them was another. Our Tour Leader, Josh, made it his mission throughout the trip to optimise our experiences. We had (optional) early wake ups so we could venture out and watch the sun rise over amazing landscapes; we had picnic lunches in places with 360 degree "wow factor"; we watched the sun go down over some of nature's best horizons; and even the full moon rising over The Needles. And that was just the start or end of the days! Add to this the wildlife sightings from mighty bison to cheeky chipmunks and the result is awesome memories and sooooo many photos! But photos don't do justice to what we saw and did and it's hard to find enough superlatives when relating this trip to others. Arriving in Sin City was a shock to the senses after the serenity of the parks, but true to form, Josh ensured we rolled into town appropriately, with the van rocking to Elvis and "Viva! Las Vegas". My only negative comment relates to the discomfort and unsuitability of the vehicle, but I note in responses to other reviews that GAA will have upgraded vehicles in 2014. I say "Viva Josh and GAA!"Show detailed ratings
- MarionWritten on July 23, 20133.0 - AverageOur guide, Evan, made this holiday very enjoyable. The major thing that let the holiday down was the transport. It was an adapted Ford van which the brochure claimed to have "individual captain seats" for "added comfort". Well, the back row of bench seating for 3 people was not individual or comfortable. The configuration of seats further forward in either two together (very cramped and with limited forward view due to the height and closeness of the row of seats in front) were also not at all comfortable. There was a lack of leg room and appallingly stiff seat belts that cut into your neck as they crossed your body. All of the party were reduced to trying to stuff something between neck and seat belt to prevent it chaving. It was such a disappointment when the transport had been so promoted in the literature, especially for people that had just had a long air flight and then were faced with squashed and uncomfortable seating when the trip covered over 3,000 miles in 16 days. Also, the brochure was less than truthful about the arrival time in each destination. Eg Lake Tahoe "various hikes from easy to strenuous, mountain biking, watersports". As we arrived late afternoon it would have been impossible to do any of these activities. As it happened, the only activity that we actually wanted to do was the sunset cruise which was fine. But it just gave the impression that you would have more time in the resort than we actually did. Similarly in Jackson "wildlife viewing, whitewater rafting, various hikes easy to strenuous" no time for any of these should we have wanted to as did not arrive until later in afternoon and left the next day. MORE HONESTY IN THE BROCHURE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER! The saving grace of the holiday was Evan. He was brilliant, very knowledgeable, helpful to everyone and always went the "extra mile" for everyone and with humour as well. A real credit to your company. It is such a shame that the pre travel information and the transport did not live up to a similarly high standard.Show detailed ratingsGrand American Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for your feedback and great to hear you enjoyed your tour with only good things to say about the leader. We invest a large amount of time into training and pleased to hear your positive feedback. Regarding the vehicle we are sorry to hear you found this below the expected standard. We are in the process of purchasing a fleet of new vans for 2014 which are larger, wider and offer greater space within the van. The seatbelt issue will be addressed as well in favour of waist belts to eliminate the problem of feeling constricted. We are investing a substantial amount of money into our Grand American Adventures vehicles in 2014 and think you will appreciate the comfortable travel on future trips. It is always good for us to receive comments from travellers and continue to improve our tours.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: San Francisco
- Day 2: Yosemite National Park
- Day 3: Yosemite National Park
- Day 4: Death Valley National Park
- Day 5: Zion National Park
- Day 6: Zion National Park
- Days 7-8: Grand Canyon (North Rim)
- Day 9: Monument Valley
- Days 10-11: Moab, Arches National Park
- Day 12: Salt Lake City
- Days 13-14: Yellowstone National Park
- Day 15: Bozeman
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Rather poor by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the tours only for over 18 years old?
Grand American Adventures are also willing to have someone underage join the trip if they are travelling with parents for example, but it will depend on the child's age and that you understand that there are not likely to be any other kids on the trip.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
National Parks And Lodges
- MondayMay 20, 2019from San Francisco15 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Jackson10+ seats left$223USD $5,346
- FridayJun 7, 2019from San Francisco15 DaysFridayJun 21, 2019to Jackson10+ seats left$231USD $5,548
- SundayJun 30, 2019from San Francisco15 DaysSundayJul 14, 2019to Jackson10+ seats left$231USD $5,548
- ThursdayAug 22, 2019from San Francisco15 DaysThursdaySep 5, 2019to Jackson10+ seats left$234USD $5,615
- FridaySep 13, 2019from San Francisco15 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Jackson10+ seats left$238USD $5,711
- SundaySep 22, 2019from San Francisco15 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Jackson10+ seats left$238USD $5,711
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- San Francisco is the starting point and Jackson is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 13 is the maximum group size for National Parks And Lodges.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Grand American Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Grand American Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 December 2018 the full payment of $5,346 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5346 for National Parks And Lodges, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Grand American Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- San Francisco (USA)
- 258 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 254 km
- Death Valley NP (USA)
- 371 km
- Zion National Park (USA)
- 80 km
- Bryce Canyon National Park (USA)
- 80 km
- Zion National Park (USA)
- 171 km
- Grand Canyon National Park (USA)
- 191 km
- Monument Valley (USA)
- 182 km
- Moab (USA)
- 18 km
- Arches National Park (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,346 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,906 tours in North America
- covered by 68 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on National Parks And Lodges