Appalachian & New England Walk
The Great Escape Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 61:53:15
- Our saving
- US $ 2,274
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Hike Vermont's most scenic ridges
- Climb Mount Battie's for panoramic views
- Walk around historical Boston
- Experience the Northern Appalachians
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
Start in New York City and end in Boston! With the camping tour Appalachian & New England Walk, you have a 11 day tour package taking you from New York City to Boston and through New York City, USA and 4 other destinations in USA. Appalachian & New England Walk is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- ChristopherWritten on October 13, 20134.5 - ExcellentThis was the best holiday I have ever been on. It was relatively expensive, but the itinerary was so good that it more than justified the price. I am considering saving up for a similar adventure in Canada now. As it was a walking holiday, I felt like the most important thing to get right was the approach to the trails. The guides had it spot on: they advised us before each hike of the difficulty and route, and encouraged people to attempt only that which they could handle. They allowed the 'longshanks' and the fitness enthusiasts of the group to go on ahead of the main group at their own fast pace on very challenging trails involving vertical climbs and great distances, but offered alternatives routes for those wishing for a more manageable hike that still included wonderful scenery. No one was pushed into doing anything they felt uncomfortable. Optional and affordable extras included canoeing (one place only asked for $1-per-30mins on a tranquil and beautiful lake!), sea kayaking, mountain-side cog railways, and a tour of a maple syrup farm. On both the hikes and the additional activities, endless photo opportunities arose. The excursions into various small towns dotted around New England for a restaurant meal, to do some laundry, or to have a few drinks in a pub broke up the holiday nicely so that we didn't feel like we were continually 'roughing it', however we were very much in the American wilderness for the most part - cooking around a camp fire and camping out in a range of temperatures, etc. The group was a good mix of ages (from 25-65) and included both men and women. Some of us had arrived alone, others were part of a couple or small group, but I felt like all of us were a part of a single group after only a few days. The guides ensured that we were all familiar with each other without being to pushy - I spent hours alone at times on the hikes, enjoying the thinking time, but I also enjoyed the times spent with the group together around the campfire. The guides made us all aware of the potential dangers involved with each activity, but naturally, they did not discourage the more adventurous individuals to try risky activities. I found the holiday overall to be a great mix of relaxing ambles and vigorous climbs clambering over rocks and walking across vertiginous ledges. I would recommend this holiday to any lover of the great outdoors with a desire for adventure!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Boston
- Day 2: Stowe
- Days 4-5: White Mountains National Forest
- Days 6-8: Baxter State Park
- Days 9-10: Mount Desert Island, Acadia National Park
- Day 11: Acadia National Park, Boston
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Megan5th November 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Appalachian & New England Walk
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundaySep 16, 2018from New York City11 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to Boston5 seats left$95USD $2,274Book Now Hold my
- FridaySep 28, 2018from New York City11 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Boston0 seats left$95USD $2,274Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- New York City is the starting point and Boston is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 12 is the maximum group size for Appalachian & New England Walk.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Grand American Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Grand American Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 May 2018 the full payment of $2,274 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2274 for Appalachian & New England Walk, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Grand American Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,331 km.
- New York City (USA)
- 436 km
- White Mountains National Forest (USA)
- 175 km
- Green Mountains National Forest (USA)
- 406 km
- Acadia National Park (USA)
- 315 km
- Boston (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,274 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,316 tours in North America
- covered by 52 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Appalachian & New England Walk