Westerner 2 Blt
- Our saving
- US $ 2,380
- Make new friends and memories for life
- Rent out a surfboard and hit the waves
- Travel down Route 66
- Uncover the glacier-carved granite monoliths
- Rather Poor
- KAkhalidWritten on April 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentOur first Trek America tour, it was amazing, we really enjoyed it, it was so much fun and well organized, loved all the exciting stops along the way, our tour leader Alex Yakshe was great, he made it all so easy and fun and was more like a friend to us, punctual and going the extra mile to keep us satisfied and happy. Thank you AlexShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe Westerner BLT was my first trek and I was travelling myself so was a little nervous but everything was like clock work, just ran so smoothly from booking to going home. The trek group on here was great so meet some people so we could talk on facebook before the trek. We all met in the gateway hotel the night before but for those who we didn't find beforehand it was easy enough the next day to find out which group you were apart of. Our Leader Ron Jarus went through the paperwork etc and spoke abit about how things go etc, very informative. He was even able to arrange for us to do Alcatraz!! Ron was an awesome tour leader, great knowledge of places, etc. If you wanted to know certain things or do certain things he was very good at helping us arrange that, We took a detour to the Red wood? outside San Fran with the tallest trees ever! No problems with any of the accommodation and it was my first time staying in Hostels! (only 2 though!) The arranged limo ride in Vegas was brillant, so much fun - Ron got us on the guestlist for Luxor night club. Even though my group was full, no one was left out of anything, we all looked out for each other and honestly had the best time - I still talk to most of my group and some of us are meeting next month! I can't wait to do another trek - I just need to decide which one!
- AAnonymousWritten on July 24, 20135.0 - ExcellentGreat mix of city sights and natural wonders. Very comfortable accommodation and superb organisation from our tour leader. Went on my own but felt so at home with everyone in the group, everybody was so lovely. Worth every penny and would do it all again tomorrow. If you're thinking of booking this trek go for it, you won't regret it :)
- AAnonymousWritten on July 24, 20135.0 - ExcellentIt was the best trip I've ever done. Amazing places, a brillant mix of outdoor trekking and city life, good organisation, great people in the group. Our tour leader Art was excellent, really funny and made a fab barbecue for us :-) I will never forget this time and I'm so glad to do the tour with Trek America. GUYS - DO THE SAME!
- AAnonymousWritten on July 12, 20135.0 - ExcellentBest decision I have ever made. Lots of variety in each place. The hotels are all decent. Our trek leader Mr Mark Page was excellent. Very chilled out and flexible. Good taste in music. The long drives werent as bad as I expected. It helped that we had a group of 7 so the van wasn't packed. There were frequent stops and we slept most of the time anyway. We charged up our things in the hotels at night so it wasnt really neccessary to charge in the van. My highlights of the trip in order are: The people Hiking in the Grand Canyon Walking up next to Vernal Falls in Yosemite Helicopter ride in Grand Canyon Swimming in Colorado river Sea kayaking in Monterey Vegas limo night Climbing sand dune Lake Havasu sunset Alcatraz tour Yosemite bug hostel What I realised on this trip was that all the best parts of were the natural things such as sunsets, waterfalls and rivers which I did not expect. The natural beauty of the country offered so much more satisfaction than the shops that you could go to or the man made structures. Perhaps its because I am from a big city like London and I came on this trip to escape but I didn’t really enjoy the cities as much. The touristy places in cities were far too busy, Being in London I rarely have peace and quiet, It was a nice change of pace. Nightlife isn’t such a big deal to me. You can drink and go clubbing anywhere you go but you can’t see something like the Grand Canyon anywhere. The times we had just drinking a few beers in the hotel room were some of the best nights. Vegas was the exception. With the cities I felt like there is a checklist of things I need to do because everyone else does them. You go there, take a picture and move on. With the natural sights you are simply enjoying every moment while you are in it. Before the trip I was dreading the really hot weather but by the end of the trip when it started cooling down I actually missed the heat. Brilliant trip. Thanks Trek America!
- AAnonymousWritten on July 11, 20135.0 - ExcellentMy boyfriend and I were extremely happy we chose this trek to start our USA adventures. Having a smaller group of just 13 on the trek was the perfect size as we all got to know each other really well and there was a great mix of personalities from various different countries. We wanted to avoid the large tour groups that you see with other companies and we made the right choice. The tour guide was fantastic and really involved himself in group activities. He made sure we saw all the best tourist sights and delights and introduced us to some of his favourite restaurants and bars. The tour guide was very responsive to everyone's suggestions or requests for visiting places not listed on the itinerary. We stayed at various hostels and budget motels/hotels and they were as comfortable as you needed. At the hostels we did have to stay separately in boys and girls dorms, so couples should be aware that you won't be spending each night together - but that didn't bother us as it allowed us to bond with the other travellers. There is plenty of free time at each destination for you to go about your own things which was great to compliment any travel style. We would do this trek again in no time (as long as we could have the same tour guide of course!)
- AAnonymousWritten on February 22, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe trip was professionally organised, which gave me great confidence in the trip. It was great value for money with the tour leader worth his weight in gold. He did a great job, looked after us, made sure we did all the cool, touristy things as well as some little personal touches that made the trip unique and very special! The places visited gave a great taste for that part of the USA. I could not recommend the trip more! It was something I'm very happy I did, met great people, saw some amazing sights and will stay with me for the rest of my life! DO IT!!!
- AAnonymousWritten on January 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentI decided to pluck up the courage to go on this trek alone and I'm so glad I did! The experience was definitely worth saving up for. The accommodation was great- we stayed mostly in budget hotels and motels with one hostel stay in San Diego. Our tour leader was awesome and was a big part of the group, always joining in and giving great ideas for things to do and places to eat. The group were really well-suited to each other and mostly wanted to do the same thing but on some days we split up and took part in different activities which all worked out well. The trip provided a good mix of partying and seeing some great scenery. I would definitely recommend the Vegas party bus because it was just so much fun! To sum it all up I came away with so many amazing memories and met some wonderful people so really would recommend this to anyone. There are some long drives but once you arrive to your destinations the journeys are really worth it. If you're doubting it just do it, it's the most amazing experience! :D I'd love to do another tour.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentThe best trip I've done so far. By choosing to do a trip through Trek America I got to see sights I would never have seen before - it was a perfect mix of city life and outdoor trekking, seeing some of the most beautiful scenery and sights. Our Trek leader was so enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, and we had a great group, all up for fun and adventure - luckily we all had a similar view of what we wanted from this holiday. The Budget Lodging was better than expected - mostly good quality motels and a couple of budget hotels and hostels along the way. I have so many good memories and friends from this trip - gosh writing this makes me want to quit everything and do it all again. A holiday worth every single penny.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentAfter things changed in my personal life i decided to save up and disapear for a bit and i ended up on this amazing 14 day adventure with Trek America. I braved it and went by myself. Starting the trek not knowing anyone was a little daunting, but by the time we finished the trek it felt like i had known everyone forever and had such an amazing time with everyone i definately made some firm friends. LA beaches are fab, went to my first ever baseball game in San Diego, Lake Havasu we had cook outs and went through the desert, Grand Canyon helpicopter ride cannot be described in words you have to witness this for yourself but OMG!!! What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;) Yosemite is breathtaking in its size and beauty, boat rides under and walks over the Goldne Gate Bridge in San Fran amazing, beach and fun fairs in Santa Cruz and shopping in beautiful Santa Barbara. This of course is only a few highlights of the whole trip i could go on and on and on, but to sum it up you would be mad not to go and enjoy this trip! FANTASTIC!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: Los Angeles, San Diego
- Day 3: Prescott
- Days 4-5: Grand Canyon National Park
- Days 6-7: Route 66, Las Vegas
- Days 8-9: Yosemite National Park
- Days 10-11: San Francisco
- Day 12: California Coast
- Day 13: Santa Barbara
- Day 14: Santa Barbara, Los Angeles
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Would there be a way to meet the group on day one of the tour?
If you can make your own way to San Diego, you will be able to meet up with the group at the hostel, however as this is a set itinerary, there will be no discount in the price or missing the first portion of the tour.
Hello, Is there an age restriction for this tour? Thank you.
Yes, this trip is geared towards 18-38 year olds as this keeps the dynamic of the group.
Are the tour prices inclusive of GST or service tax?
Yep - this is the price for the tour, no hidden fee's or extra taxes :)
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Westerner 2 Blt
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayAug 28, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$111USD $2,658
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$114USD $2,745
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$108USD $2,581
- MondaySep 17, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$111USD $2,658
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$111USD $2,658
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Los AngelesOnly 1 seat left$111USD $2,658
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$108USD $2,591
- TuesdayNov 13, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysMondayNov 26, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$99USD $2,380Book Now Hold my
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$99USD $2,380
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Los Angeles14 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to Los Angeles5 seats left$106USD $2,553Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Los Angeles.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 October 2018 the full payment of $2,380 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2380 for Westerner 2 Blt, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 180 km
- San Diego (USA)
- 602 km
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- 285 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 424 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 258 km
- San Francisco (USA)
- 139 km
- Monterey (USA)
- 37 km
- Big Sur (USA)
- 281 km
- Santa Barbara (USA)
- 140 km
- Los Angeles (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,380 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,881 tours in North America
- covered by 69 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Westerner 2 Blt