Porto, the Douro Valley and Salamanca
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 1 Jun 2018
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Porto ! With the river cruise tour Porto, the Douro Valley and Salamanca, you have a 6 day tour package taking you through Porto, Portugal and 10 other destinations in Europe. Porto, the Douro Valley and Salamanca includes accommodation as well as meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- ZPZhannaWritten on August 17, 20174.0 - GoodThe best part was the crew,really like a family. They were friendly, efficient and impressively all spoke several languages.The transportation was OK but we always had to beg for extra air.The driver acted like he was doing a favor when adding air.The tours of the wine cellars and vineyards were good. But the historic tours were not. They were superficial and the one in Salamanca was a total disaster.They had a Danish translator who did not know information of the historic monuments and totally relied on the English speaking translator. Often she did not understand or remember the information which slowed down things and then we had to rush. At some point I heard Lizzy( I believe that was the name of the Danish translator) say to the English translator: Don't give them too much information, they can read it themselves. We paid a lot of money for the cruise and had high expectations. At some point, they left without us.After all, we were in the country where we did,t speak the language and if it wasn't for the map that Annabel had given us, we would be lost and would not have found the place for lunch. We were pointing and people were directing us. We wanted to buy a clock at the gift shop of Salamanca University but were afraid of being left behind. Lizzy said my husband was rude when was looking at the clocks. I was in Spain last year with a Russian group and I can't compare these tours with information I received last year. I believe many of them had degrees in history.So to sum it up: Porto is beautiful, the views are breathtaking, the crew went beyond and above but the cruise has still some work to do. I am meeting some people this week who asked me if they should take the cruise, I will have to mention those things. One more thing; something needs to be done about the shows in the evening, you can't rely on the cruise for that.So this is my honest opinion, I did not intend to upset anybody.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: PORTO
- DAY 2: PORTO - REGUA
- DAY 3: REGUA - PINHAO - VEGA DE TERON (Spain)
- DAY 4: BARCA D’ALVA - Salamanca - SENHORA DA RIBEIRA
- DAY 5: SENHORA DA RIBEIRA - FERRADOSA - FOLGOSA - LEVERINHO
- DAY 6: LEVERINHO - PORTO
CroisiEurope River Cruises Ship
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroPortugal and Spain
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal and Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Porto.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request CroisiEurope River Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 30% to confirm this CroisiEurope River Cruises booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 August 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Porto, the Douro Valley and Salamanca, but the deposit of 30% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for CroisiEurope River Cruises tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 549 km.
- Porto (Portugal)
- 71 km
- Peso da Regua (Portugal)
- 16 km
- Vila Real (Portugal)
- 22 km
- Pinhao (Portugal)
- 54 km
- Vega de Terron (Spain)
- 1 km
- Barca de Alva (Portugal)
- 108 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 135 km
- Senhora da Ribeira (Portugal)
- 7 km
- Ferradosa (Portugal)
- 101 km
- Folgosa (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Porto, the Douro Valley and Salamanca