Southern Blt From New York
- Our saving
- US $ 2,901
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
- The complete USA experience
- Visit cities like NYC, LA and N' Orleans
- Enjoy Austin's nightlife
- Look out for the Game of Thrones author
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
Start in New York City and end in Los Angeles! With the discovery tour Southern Blt From New York, you have a 21 day tour package taking you from New York City to Los Angeles and through New York City, USA and 14 other destinations in USA. Southern Blt From New York is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
18 ReviewsWrite a review
- AAnonymousWritten on August 21, 20135.0 - ExcellentAnyone thinking about booking on this or another trek, dont think just do it, you will have an amazing time I know I did! This was my first time travelling alone and also my first time to America so i was a little nervous, but i had no reason to be everyone you meet is in the same boat and there for the same reason - to have a good time whilst travelling one of the greatest countries :o) the forum was definitely a great help, getting tips from previous trekkers and talking to others on your trek definitely makes the first time meeting them a whole lot easier! You see so much in a short amount of time so there is a lot of time spent in the van, but to be honest i really enjoyed the journeys! they were part of the experience! Playing games, listening to music "she thinks my tractors sexy!" looking at the scenery, daydreaming, chatting and sleeping....I know I would rather be in that van every morning than on a train to work! My highlights would have to be Nashville, Memphis "fancy a slushy Chris?", New Orleans, swamp tour "i hate flying bugs" ,monument valley "t-rex", grand canyon "go team kebab!", Vegas and San Diego, although each and every day was amazing! My worst parts - saying goodbye, and being attacked by flying bugs! Our tour guide Julia was very helpful and really helped make this trip the best holiday I have ever had! and I will definitely be booking on another trek next year! I have made memories that will stay with me forever, tasted great food, visited amazing places, met some odd people and made some great friends who I hope to stay in contact with for a long time! Thankyou trek America :o)
- AAnonymousWritten on August 20, 20135.0 - ExcellentAnyone thinking about booking on this or another trek, dont think just do it,you will have an amazing time! This was the first time travelling alone and also my first time in America so i was a little nervous, but i had no reason to be everyone you meet is in the same boat and there for the same reason - to have a good time whilst travelling one of the greatest countries :o) You see so much in a short amount of time so there is a lot of time spent in the van, but to be honest i really enjoyed the journeys! they were part of the experience! Our tour guide Julia really made this trip the trip of a lifetime for me! and I will definitely be booking on another trek next year!
- AAnonymousWritten on August 6, 20134.0 - GoodI did the Cross Country BLT recently and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable trips I've taken. The accommodation was good, the group size, only 10, was much better than some of the other tours I've been on with 20 odd passengers. The pace was busy but not so fast as to feel rushed. I would definitely be interested to revisit some of the please we went to, in particular New York, New Orleans. I'm also keen to do some of the other cities in the US.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 14, 20134.0 - GoodWhat amazing value for money! You get to see so so much, it's the perfect way to see America (well some of it anyway). This trip is very flexible, lots of free time to explore, and lots of activities to do. My highlight was the Jeep Tour at Monument Valley. Lots of activities which aren't listed are possible too, for instance we went white water rafting and there was an option to go shooting as well. We also got the options to go to an NBA game and Baseball game. Aswell as a drive in cinema. Another thing that was really handy, especially for travellers on a budget, was that our tour guide suggested a food kitty where we all put in $80 each which provided for pack lunches and BBQ when we were staying at the cabins. This worked out to be a lot cheaper, although we did get sick of the lunch food by the last week! Although you must be prepared to spend a lot of money eating out every night. There was only two nights where we didn't. Normally the places we went were pretty reasonable, but they end adding up. And nights out were expensive too! Although saying that, I was on a tight budget and it wasn't hard to stick too it. I probably got by on $30 a day, obviously activities were extra. Accommodation was mostly great, some really nice hotels and motels, with the occasionally hostel and cabin. The cabins were really fun though. Bring your own sleeping bag for the cabins (or buy a cheap one out there) also stop at a walmart and buy a cheap pillow for the cabins too. There is a lot of travelling involved, and I was a bit apprehensive about the daily trips in the van, but they were fun. Great time to bond with the group or just relax. Mornings weren't that early, normally leaving around 8:30 each morning and you got in to the routine, and when you have a two-nighter stop you get a lie in. But always make the most of the free breakfasts! On the tour page it says hiking boots are needed for the Grand Canyon but I personally don't think this is necessary. I wore trainers and was fine! The only negative about my tour was the Tour Leader. Unfortunately, he was just not enthusiastic and gave us very little direction for our free days, and also caused a lot of drama between the group. I think this is very rare that this happens, but it did sometimes put a downer on the trip. But the trekkies actually got on really well, and I mean, despite having a bad tour leader we still all had the best time ever! I would seriously recommend this tour, do all the activities you can and take thousands of photos as you shall look back on those 3 weeks as an experience of a lifetime!
- AAnonymousWritten on June 11, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis trek was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I had travelled to a couple of the destinations before and am also only 19 so I was originally apprehensive, however once I joined Trek Live and met the other girls I was so excited. There were six of us, all girls ranging over a span of ages. We started in New York and travelled through so many destinations (looking back I'm overwhelmed by everything we fitted in to such a short space of time!) to LA. Our tour guide was called Tyler and I couldn't have asked for anything more in a leader. His knowledge on the places we visited and American history was second to none and his lively personality always meant that we were having fun. If ever there was a problem or we had to quickly change our plans he was able to give us alternatives and ensure that we had the best experience of our lives. The bus was lovely and spacious and we constantly stopped off at other places whilst driving to break up the day and see even more of the US. I would highly recommend saving up for the optional activities (Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride, Navajo Jeep Tour, Vegas Party Bus, Museums, etc) as they were all incredible and some of the greatest highlights of my tour. The accommodation consisted of hotels, motels and caverns. The evening in Carlsbad was amazing- we made a campfire, had a BBQ, made smores and really bonded. There were laundry facilities and swimming pools at a lot of the places we stayed. One really good thing about this tour is the fact that we weren't camping so we usually went out for dinner time, which gave us the opportunity to eat really good food! The southern fried chicken in Memphis was the best! We chose to put into a food kitty which provided our lunches on the tour- we bought loads of fruit, wraps, bagels, crisps and snacks! It was a good idea as we ended up saving lots of money and ate fairly healthily while on the road. Every place on the tour is so different and you really will have such a good time! I won't explain all the different places because they were all so incredible and you have to experience it for yourself! The girls and I talk every day and we have already started planning a meet up for the end of the summer back in the UK. We're friends for life. I think no matter who is on your tour you'll get on with them because you've chosen the same tour at the same time of year and you experience so many things together. We all keep in contact with Tyler too via facebook and look back and laugh at all of our photos and videos! I booked this trip on a whim in my gap year and it was the best decision I've made and worth every single penny (or cent!). The places vary so greatly, the tour leaders are fantastic and you will honestly have some of the best weeks in your entire life. I wish I could explain how much fun I had on this trip- just remember: age doesn't matter! (most of the time- there were less than a handful of places that the underagers couldn't go while on the trek). Book it because you won't be disappointed and you'll have friends and memories for life. I'm already looking into my next trek with the company because it was flawless from my first booking to my plane journey home and I had a great time.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 25, 20135.0 - Excellentso Almost a year after i miss this trek a lot !!! :) it was amazing the best 3 weeks of my life ! i saved up a while to go on this trip and it didn't disappoint i hope to go on another trek at some point !!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 25, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe Cross Country BLT was the most amazing trip, well worth the money! We travelled from New York area (although sadly didn't get to see New York) to LA. We saw so many places in between that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime: Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Texas... We did so many optional activities that were well worth the extra money you had to pay for example party bus in Vegas, swamp tour in Louisiana, drive in movie theatre, baseball game and Navajo jeep tour. We were a group of 6 girls and we bonded so well we were like a little family, and our tour leader Tyler was like our big brother! Tyler was an amazing tour leader we couldn't have asked for anyone better. We've all made friends for life and memories that will last forever! I'm already planning on doing another trek in the future hopefully it'll live up to this one!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 11, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis is a fantastic Trek, heavily recommended for seeing a great part of America. There was only 6 of us in our group which was really nice and cosy. The accommodation was great, except one hostel, apart form that no problem. We had to change tour leaders because the first tour leader had to leave half way through but was interesting getting 2 different points of view of America. It was also a nice experience to sleep in cabins (twice on trip), we had to do our own cooking and cleaning, which was a nice taster of what the camping treks are like. It's cool when we had free days too to do what we wish. We kept bumping into other Trek groups around the country which was fun. I would certainly recommend the helicopter flight across the Grand Canyon, it was awesome! Traveling's addictive, am planning my next one for the same year!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 30, 20125.0 - ExcellentThoroughly enjoyed the whole experiance the only negatives were that the 3 weeks flew by really fast and i was the only guy in the group. Our Trek leader Mandy was a good laugh and really added to the experiance. Would 100% reccomend this tour to anyone thinking of giving it a go.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 7, 20125.0 - ExcellentWas Really Really Great fun, There was so much to do every single day, 3 weeks went by so quickly and we visited so many fun places. The only negative I can suggest is perhaps charge a little more money and cut out the kabins in Texas and New mexico as they wern't as fun . Other than that it was all great
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: New York Area, Philadelphia, Washington, DC
- Day 3: Virginia
- Days 4-5: Nashville
- Day 6: Memphis
- Days 7-8: New Orleans
- Days 9-10: Louisiana, Austin
- Days 11-12: San Angelo, Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Day 13: Santa Fe
- Day 14: Monument Valley
- Days 15-16: Grand Canyon National Park
- Days 17-18: Route 66, Las Vegas
- Days 19-20: San Diego
- Day 21: San Diego, Los Angeles
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2016
What is the age range of travelers on this tour?
The age range is between 18 - 39.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Eleanor G4th February 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Southern Blt From New York
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayMar 23, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayApr 12, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$598$3,499-17%USD $2,901
- FridayApr 20, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayMay 10, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$468$3,829-12%USD $3,361
- FridayMay 11, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayMay 31, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$95USD $3,694Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJun 8, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$95USD $3,694
- FridayJul 6, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$99USD $3,850
- FridayJul 20, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Los Angeles0 seats left$99USD $3,850Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJul 27, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$99USD $3,850
- FridayAug 10, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$99USD $3,850
- FridayAug 24, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$99USD $3,850
- FridaySep 7, 2018from New York City21 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Los Angeles5 seats left$99USD $3,850
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- New York City is the starting point and Los Angeles is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 April 2018 the full payment of $2,901 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2901 for Southern Blt From New York, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 5,560 km.
- New York City (USA)
- 130 km
- Philadelphia (USA)
- 199 km
- Washington DC (USA)
- 162 km
- Appalachian Mountains (USA)
- 865 km
- Nashville (USA)
- 316 km
- Memphis (USA)
- 579 km
- New Orleans (USA)
- 739 km
- Austin (USA)
- 672 km
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park (USA)
- 414 km
- Santa Fe (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,901 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,314 tours in North America
- covered by 52 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 travellers have already met
before they left for Southern Blt From New York tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1,533 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours