Southern Blt From Los Angeles
- Our saving
- US $ 3,501
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- LLenaWritten on December 8, 20164.0 - GoodI went on the Deep South BLT with amazing guide Sarah K. It was one of the best tours i went on. Sarah was amazingly organized, helpful with any kind of information, but still has given us the feeling to be travelling with a friend instead of a guide.Show detailed ratings
- JulieWritten on June 29, 20153.0 - AverageNeither TourRadar or Trek America told me I would be joining a pre-established group of people who had already travelled for 3 weeks before I met them. I found it very difficult to enjoy myself as they had all already formed very strong friendships and I felt like an outsider. Due to this, it had a ripple effect on my entire experience spending a lot of time feeling lonely. I'm really disappointed and bitter about it because I paid for a trip that was far more expensive than other ones available, but I specifically picked Trek America because I wanted an intimate experience with a small group for a sociable experience. Sadly this was not the case and I'm very upset I was warned of this before booking.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 3, 20135.0 - ExcellentStraight off the bat from our gateway hotel in LA, Kyle our tour guide set the tone for the most amazing 21 day trip in all of my 5 months round the world solo trip. Kyle made sure everyone was getting the most they could out of their trip and was constantly looking for feedback as to how the group was enjoying themselves so far and was there anyway we could improve on it. There was only 7 in our group which made it easy for everyone to get to know each other and like me everyone else was traveling alone so making friends was so easy.I met some truly amazing people,saw the most fantastic places and have memories that will never leave me. 3 weeks might sound kind of long but when you are having the time of your life its not nearly enough!!!. I was lucky that 2 friends I made on the tour were also staying in NYC for a few days after the trip finished so we explored NY together. I still stay in contact with everyone from the trip, I've made some lifelong friends. I can't wait to book my next trek!!!
- AAnonymousWritten on April 18, 20135.0 - ExcellentI was a bit nervous about travelling alone, my first time overseas so I decided to try Trek and it really is as amazing as all the reviews say!!! The tour guide JD is one of the funniest people who made the entire thing that much better. I met 13 people there who were so much fun and I'm still friends with today (one of whom I'm now marrying! ). It's an incredible holiday, one that you won't forget. You get to see SO much and do so many things. It's tiring but well worth it! I am so happy i didn't chicken out or change my mind. It's true, it is expensive but it's worth every single penny. I'd love to do it again, but there's no way it could ever be as good as the first time. Thanks JD for such an amazing holiday!!!
- AAnonymousWritten on April 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time and met some incredible people who I'm still friends with now! My adventure was fantastic and my tour guide made the whole adventure extra special! Thank you trek America! I loved it so much Im doing another one!!!
- AAnonymousWritten on March 6, 20135.0 - Excellentwhen I think back on my trek I still cant believe everything we mangaed to fit in wihin the time we were there!! We went to graceland, took a helicopter ride over the grand canyon, stopped on route 66, stayed up till dawn in a hot tub in vegas, went to the jack daniels distillery and the list goes on . . . Memphis was a real surprise delight, I wasn't expecting much but as a music fan I fell in love with the place, so much history there and the music musuems are amazing especially sun studios! The trek offers so much variety from cities to countryside you see it all and definately won't be dissappointed, I just cant rave about it enough! Thanks for the memories!! x x
- AAnonymousWritten on December 9, 20125.0 - ExcellentFrom the moment we met in the Gateway hotel in LA to the moment said our sad goodbyes in New York, this trip was jam packed full of adventure. Luckily we had a small group of only 6 so got to know each other well and all gelled from day 1. I was the oldest at 33 but that didn't make the slightest difference. We pretty much did everything as one group. Anita, our tour leader was fantastic and just became another member of the group (rather than the leader). The days are long, often having to wake up at 6am and leaving in the minibus by 8-8:30 and some days were long days travelling. I would recommend you try and stay awake for the journeys as you see so much of the landscape and how it changes from City to mountains to shrub land to desert and back to civilisation again. Seeing Vegas appear out of nowhere like a mirage is amazing. The Grand Canyon also appears out of nowhere - you expect to see it in advance but there are just forests everywhere and then BANG there it is. The Limo ride in Vegas is actually a Party bus which we had to share with another group (who were much louder/drunk than us). It would have been great if we could have had our own Limo - but still great to see the sights. Definitely stay out as long as possible in Vegas as its true - the city never sleeps. We got back to the hotel at 5am and watched the sun rise. Also make use of the free days. I went shooting which was unexpected as I would never have thought about it if one of my trekkers hadn't suggested it. Fantastic and a real buzz (and much louder than you would think). Its great having the two night stops at for the first week. The second week are mainly one night stops and you do start to feel like you are living out of a suitcase more (which I guess you are!) but then there are a few more two night stops at the end. For those of you worried about the accommodation, don't. All the hotels are clean and comfortable. We only stopped in two hostels and did have to share rooms with others not on our tour but you literally do only sleep there so not a problem for a few hours. Our tour leader did take us to a few places not on the itinerary, one being a Country fair. It would seem that not many "outsiders" go to some of these fairs so we got on the local radio. Towards the end of the trip we also made a detour to Pigeon River to go white water rafting. Again, definitely a must if you can persuade the tour to go and it would be great if this was added to the itinerary. It split up what would have been otherwise a long day driving towards the end of the trip. If you are trying to decide whether to do this or the camping trip then I would definitely recommend this one. This trip is more relaxed as you don't have to be up earlier to sort your camp out or prepare your own food or camp after a long day - obviously the comfortable bed and Aircon is also a great added benefit. Have made some great friends and hopefully we will all meet up again soon. Just a shame that it had to come to an end
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was my first trek and it was amazing! We saw soooo much and did so many amazing things taht I will probably never do again. I miss it everyday! Would recommend it to everyone!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20125.0 - ExcellentI had the most amazing time in the wan with the group ! Our guide did a lot of research on the places we went, so we got some great informations about the places we went and things we saw ! Miss the trip every day and have nothing bad to say.. See you someday soon ! :)
- AAnonymousWritten on December 1, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was my second trek, and I have to say I loved it just as much. The variety of places you visit makes every day completely different and you see places you would never have even thought of looking. Trek is an amazing company, and as soon as I can afford to go away again I will be booking for my third trek!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1-2: Los Angeles, San Diego
- Days 3-4: Las Vegas
- Days 5-6: Route 66, Grand Canyon National Park
- Day 7: Monument Valley
- Day 8: Santa Fe
- Days 9-10: Carlsbad Caverns National Park, San Angelo
- Days 11-12: Austin, Louisiana
- Days 13-14: New Orleans
- Day 15: Memphis
- Days 16-17: Nashville
- Day 18: Virginia
- Days 19-20: Washington, DC
- Day 21: Philadelphia, New York Area
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Can I pay in installments?
We do not accept payments in installments.
- September 1, 2016
Does the tour include any meals?
Meals are not included. We reccommend bringing some extra cash for your meals which are going to be served in great restaurants.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra3rd May 2018
Southern Blt From Los Angeles
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- November 2018
- February 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to New York City0 seats left$117USD $3,792
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to New York City0 seats left$114USD $3,675
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to New York City4 seats left$117USD $3,792
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to New York City0 seats left$118USD $3,831
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to New York City5 seats left$122USD $3,947Book Now Hold my
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to New York City0 seats left$118USD $3,831
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to New York City0 seats left$122USD $3,947
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to New York City0 seats left$122USD $3,947
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to New York City0 seats left$118USD $3,831
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Los Angeles21 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to New York City5 seats left$122USD $3,947Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Los Angeles is the starting point and New York City is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trek America to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Trek America booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $3,501 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3501 for Southern Blt From Los Angeles, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trek America tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Los Angeles (USA)
- 180 km
- San Diego (USA)
- 420 km
- Las Vegas (USA)
- 285 km
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- 199 km
- Monument Valley (USA)
- 400 km
- Santa Fe (USA)
- 396 km
- Carlsbad (USA)
- 661 km
- Austin (USA)
- 739 km
- New Orleans (USA)
- 579 km
- Memphis (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,501 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,550 tours in North America
- covered by 59 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Blt From Los Angeles