Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,111
- Explore the historical Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest
- Cruise along the mighty Danube and admire the views
- Visit the imperial Schönbrunn Palace and Melk Abbey
- See the Mozarthaus and the Renaissance villas in Linz
- Taste delicious wines & enjoy onboard entertainment
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Berth / Cabin, Stateroom / Suite
- Travel style
- River Cruise, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- SarinaWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wonderful way to see the Danube! Staff is superb, meals are sublime and ship is steady. Have highly recommended this trip already.
- NaliniWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a fabulous "first ever river cruise" experience!! Our party of 6 (Frush) all enjoyed the cruise immensely! We chose our individual tours while on board, so each of us chose only those tours in which we were interested. The Amadeus Queen was... Read more
- marianWritten on June 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The whole trip was wonderful! The ship is lovely; the food and service were excellent in the beautiful dining room; even our cabin on the lower level was very comfortable and always clean; the staff was always friendly and helpful; the excursions were led... Read more
- CHCarolineWritten on November 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
All very good. The staff were amazing. Food fabulous. Room very adequate. However, we were disappointed that we did not have a window that we could look out of though. We would have paid more if we had known, so that we could have been on the next floor up.
- LELisaWritten on September 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was awesome. Continual top knotch service, delicious & spectacular food presentation, plus wonderful excursions.
- JWJosephineWritten on July 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great service, great ship, great food! It was really good. Internet was too expensive for us: that's my only negative, but a very small point.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 PASSAU
- DAY 2 MELK/EMMERSDORF > VIENNA
- DAY 3 VIENNA
- DAY 4 BUDAPEST
- DAY 5 BUDAPEST > ESZTERGOM
- DAY 6 BRATISLAVA
- DAY 7 LINZ
- DAY 8 PASSAU
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus BrilliantLaunched in 2011, the MS Amadeus Brilliant is a premium river cruise vessel that lives up to its name and famous lineage. The ship is bui… Read moreBuilt2011Guests150Length110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ElegantBuilt in 2010, the stunning MS Amadeus Elegant is a premium river cruise ship that is true to its name. Measuring 110 m. In length and 11… Read moreWidth11.4mBuilt2010Suites8Guests150Staterooms68Crew40RegistryGermanyLength110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ClassicThe AMADEUS Classic, which was completely renovated in 2013, offers passengers every imaginable comfort from the moment they embark, ensu… Read moreStaterooms68Built2001 (Renovation: 2016)RegistryGermanyGuests144Crew40Gross Tonnage1.566 tCruising Speed25 km/hLength110 mDraft1,30 mWidth11,40 mSuites4Staterooms68RegistryGermanyGross Tonnage1.566 tCruising Speed25 km/hDraft1,30 m
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Danube Rhapsody
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a dress code on board?
There is no strict dress code on board as Lueftner like their guests to feel comfortable, however, they do recommend elegant clothing for dinner and for special occasions. In regards to what clothing to pack here are some recommendations: Comfortable, casual clothing is appropriate both onshore and onboard and we suggest lightweight clothing that can be layered. Shorts are appropriate for most tours, however long pants may be required for inside visits on some excursions. Your cruise manager will advise when and if this is required. Mix-and-match color schemes work best to help keep baggage light. You will find a significant amount of walking over uneven terrain during your time ashore. We recommend comfortable walking shoes with good ankle support. Sturdy sandals are another good option. Don’t forget to pack a lightweight, waterproof jacket (preferably hooded) or even a heavier-weight wind-breaker for cooler temperatures. Also, keep in mind that the ship, motor coaches and other venues visited on our itinerary are air-conditioned and may be quite cool. We recommend you that you pack a lightweight sweater or long sleeve shirts and carry them with you on excursions.
Do you have laundry services available?
Lueftner have an onboard laundry service which would be happy to take over the washing and ironing of your personal clothes for an additional fee. Please note that there are no dry-cleaning facilities on board.
I have a special dietary requirement can this be catered for?
There is always a vegetarian option for all meals on board the ships, however, if you have other special dietary requirements or suffer from food allergies, please inform your cruise specialist at the time of booking. On a request basis, Lueftner's chefs will certainly provide special dishes suitable for people with conditions such as lactose or gluten intolerance and will do their very best to offer an alternative to every guest where required.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lillian16th January 2019
Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Passau8 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to PassauOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus ClassicMS Amadeus Classic$26USD $1,293Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Passau8 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus ClassicMS Amadeus Classic$306$1,418-22%USD $1,111Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Passau8 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus ElegantMS Amadeus Elegant$361$1,671-22%USD $1,310Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Passau8 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Passau0 seats leftMS Amadeus ClassicMS Amadeus Classic$31USD $1,541Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- ThursdayMay 30, 2019from Passau8 DaysThursdayJun 6, 2019to Passau8 seats left MS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$515$2,386-22%USD $1,871Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Passau8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to PassauOnly 1 seat leftMS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$43USD $2,123Based on Single Cabin (1 passenger)
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Passau8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Passau0 seats leftMS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$37USD $1,810Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Passau8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Passau4 seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$60USD $2,964Based on Stateroom Category A-1 - Double
- TuesdayJul 23, 2019from Passau8 DaysTuesdayJul 30, 2019to Passau0 seats leftMS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$39USD $1,896Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- FridayAug 23, 2019from Passau8 DaysFridayAug 30, 2019to Passau4 seats left MS Amadeus ElegantMS Amadeus Elegant$71USD $3,492Based on Suite SUI - Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Austria and Slovakia
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Passau.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Lueftner Cruises booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 March 2019 the full payment of $1,111 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1111 for Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Passau (Germany)
- 147 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 76 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 40 km
- Esztergom (Hungary)
- 128 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 210 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 69 km
- Passau (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,111 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,273 tours in Europe
- covered by 332 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)