Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,397
- +6 Destinations
- Explore the historical Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest
- Cruise along the mighty Danube and admire the views
- Visit the imperial Schönbrunn Palace and Melk Abbey
- See the Mozarthaus and the Renaissance villas in Linz
- Taste delicious wines & enjoy onboard entertainment
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Berth / Cabin, Stateroom / Suite
- Travel style
- River Cruise, Discovery
- Lueftner Cruises
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 PASSAU
- DAY 2 MELK/EMMERSDORF > VIENNA
- DAY 3 VIENNA
- DAY 4 BUDAPEST
- DAY 5 BUDAPEST > ESZTERGOM
- DAY 6 BRATISLAVA
- DAY 7 LINZ
- DAY 8 PASSAU
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus BrilliantLaunched in 2011, the MS Amadeus Brilliant is a premium river cruise vessel that lives up to its name and famous lineage. The ship is bui… Read moreBuilt2011Guests150Length110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
- Rather Poor
- RichardWritten on September 15, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We were promised English however English was a second to German by a big margin. Wi-Fi was expensive. Some senior staff less than helpful.Review collected by Lueftner Cruises
- RichardWritten on August 11, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We loved the atmosphere on the boat. It was friendly, accommodating, and professional. The passengers and crew felt like a community. A good deal of this was due to Arno’s attitude, which was consistently positive. His organizational skills were also... Read moreReview collected by Lueftner Cruises
- DonaldWritten on June 28, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic crew: all international diplomats and professional.Review collected by Lueftner Cruises
- SSallyWritten on June 23, 20192.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Avoid at all costs! Terrible service- awful rooms. All night long/ all day long there’s creaking on the ship. It cheaply built run by cheap people with no understanding of the service industry. The receptionist are the worst I have ever run into in my life... Read more
- SarinaWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wonderful way to see the Danube! Staff is superb, meals are sublime and ship is steady. Have highly recommended this trip already.
- NaliniWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a fabulous "first ever river cruise" experience!! Our party of 6 (Frush) all enjoyed the cruise immensely! We chose our individual tours while on board, so each of us chose only those tours in which we were interested. The Amadeus Queen was... Read more
- marianWritten on June 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The whole trip was wonderful! The ship is lovely; the food and service were excellent in the beautiful dining room; even our cabin on the lower level was very comfortable and always clean; the staff was always friendly and helpful; the excursions were led... Read more
- CHCarolineWritten on November 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
All very good. The staff were amazing. Food fabulous. Room very adequate. However, we were disappointed that we did not have a window that we could look out of though. We would have paid more if we had known, so that we could have been on the next floor up.
- LELisaWritten on September 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was awesome. Continual top knotch service, delicious & spectacular food presentation, plus wonderful excursions.
- JWJosephineWritten on July 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great service, great ship, great food! It was really good. Internet was too expensive for us: that's my only negative, but a very small point.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a dress code on board?
There is no strict dress code on board as Lueftner like their guests to feel comfortable, however, they do recommend elegant clothing for dinner and for special occasions. In regards to what clothing to pack here are some recommendations: Comfortable, casual clothing is appropriate both onshore and onboard and we suggest lightweight clothing that can be layered. Shorts are appropriate for most tours, however long pants may be required for inside visits on some excursions. Your cruise manager will advise when and if this is required. Mix-and-match color schemes work best to help keep baggage light. You will find a significant amount of walking over uneven terrain during your time ashore. We recommend comfortable walking shoes with good ankle support. Sturdy sandals are another good option. Don’t forget to pack a lightweight, waterproof jacket (preferably hooded) or even a heavier-weight wind-breaker for cooler temperatures. Also, keep in mind that the ship, motor coaches and other venues visited on our itinerary are air-conditioned and may be quite cool. We recommend you that you pack a lightweight sweater or long sleeve shirts and carry them with you on excursions.
Do you have laundry services available?
Lueftner have an onboard laundry service which would be happy to take over the washing and ironing of your personal clothes for an additional fee. Please note that there are no dry-cleaning facilities on board.
I have a special dietary requirement can this be catered for?
There is always a vegetarian option for all meals on board the ships, however, if you have other special dietary requirements or suffer from food allergies, please inform your cruise specialist at the time of booking. On a request basis, Lueftner's chefs will certainly provide special dishes suitable for people with conditions such as lactose or gluten intolerance and will do their very best to offer an alternative to every guest where required.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Danube Rhapsody
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Stephen24th June 2019
Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)
- SundayOct 27, 2019from Passau8 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$48USD $1,557Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- MondayApr 6, 2020from Passau8 DaysMondayApr 13, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$44USD $1,425Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SaturdayJun 27, 2020from Passau8 DaysSaturdayJul 4, 2020to PassauOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$55USD $1,788Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SaturdayJul 4, 2020from Passau8 DaysSaturdayJul 11, 2020to Passau8 seats left MS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$105USD $3,390Based on Suite SUI - Double
- WednesdayAug 26, 2020from Passau8 DaysWednesdaySep 2, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus StarMS Amadeus Star$55USD $1,788Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- WednesdaySep 9, 2020from Passau8 DaysWednesdaySep 16, 2020to PassauMS Amadeus ImperialMS Amadeus Imperial$55USD $1,788Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdayOct 13, 2020from Passau8 DaysTuesdayOct 20, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus StarMS Amadeus Star$69USD $2,226Based on Stateroom Category B-4 - Double
- WednesdayOct 28, 2020from Passau8 DaysWednesdayNov 4, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$43USD $1,397Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Austria and Slovakia
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Passau.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 16 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 16 December 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Lueftner Cruises. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 90 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Lueftner Cruises. Please familiarise yourself with the Lueftner Cruises payment, cancellation and refund conditions. TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Passau (Germany)
- 147 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 76 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 40 km
- Esztergom (Hungary)
- 128 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 210 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 69 km
- Passau (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,397 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,190 tours in Europe
- covered by 556 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Danube Rhapsody (Passau - Passau)