Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,481
- +9 Destinations
- Explore Hungary's throbbing capital city, Budapest
- Take in stunning views of the historic Bratislava
- Cruise through picturesque Wachau in Austria
- Experience Regensburg the Bavarian way
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Lueftner Cruises
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 BUDAPEST
- DAY 2 BUDAPEST > ESZTERGOM
- DAY 3 BRATISLAVA
- DAY 4 VIENNA
- DAY 5 DÜRNSTEIN > MELK/EMMERSDORF
- DAY 6 LINZ > ASCHACH > PASSAU
- DAY 7 REGENSBURG
- DAY 8 PASSAU
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus BrilliantLaunched in 2011, the MS Amadeus Brilliant is a premium river cruise vessel that lives up to its name and famous lineage. The ship is bui… Read moreBuilt2011Guests150Length110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
- Rather Poor
- LEUNGWritten on September 20, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The staff was friendly and the service was really good. The excursions were all worth visiting. I enjoyed the stay in Amadeus Brilliant. In addition, Tourradar was reliable. It gave me prompt assistance wherever I asked a question or requested help.Review collected by Lueftner Cruises
- JChuWritten on September 14, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We cruised from Budapest to Passau and visited 3 capital cities and several smaller ones. The weather was hot and sunny in the first 2 days, then we had pouring rain in Vienna and unstable weather in the later part of the cruise. Nonetheless, we enjoyed... Read moreReview collected by Lueftner Cruises
- TCThereseWritten on May 29, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The transfer from the airport that should have taken me to the ship did not happen so it left a sour note right at the beginning. The people at TourRadar were doing some investigation about the missed transfer, but I felt that they doubted my claim. The... Read more
- ELEdwardWritten on May 19, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The itinerary was great. WE loved Budapest, and Vienna especially. Magdalena the ship's cruise director talked about the tours the day before so we knew what to expect. There was lots of food. The desserts were 5 star!. All staff friendly, amazing.
- LBLaurelWritten on June 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Overall, it was enjoyable. Room was clean and while not spacious, was just enough space. Meals were quite large and very tasty. The excursions were sometimes a bit long but maybe I noticed more due to the heat. All the staff were pleasant and helpful.
- BBBarbaraWritten on May 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Cruise was fantastic. Staff very attentive.
- BLBarbaraWritten on November 18, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Cruise ship was well maintained and accommodations were good. Staff relatively attentive and helpful. On this particular cruise, being English speaking and having more than half the passengers be part of a Japanese tour group and the majority of the... Read more
- NLNancyWritten on November 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
From start to end this trip was everything we had wanted it to be. The service was cordial and professional. The tours were excellent and very very informative. Glad we decided to take extra excursions. The boat was sparkling clean at all times and the... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What payment methods are accepted on board?
You can make payments by cash, bank card with Maestro symbol and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express) on board. The currency on board is the Euro; however, the following currencies are accepted to settle your on-board account if needed: Swiss franc (CHF), British pound (GBP) US dollar (USD) and Norwegian krone (NOK).
I have a special dietary requirement can this be catered for?
There is always a vegetarian option for all meals on board the ships, however, if you have other special dietary requirements or suffer from food allergies, please inform your cruise specialist at the time of booking. On a request basis, Lueftner's chefs will certainly provide special dishes suitable for people with conditions such as lactose or gluten intolerance and will do their very best to offer an alternative to every guest where required.
How much luggage can you take on board?
On Lueftner cruises there are no restrictions with luggage in regards to the number of bags each guest may bring on board the ships, however, please bear in mind storage space is limited, and it is recommended that each passenger brings only one checked bag and one piece of hand luggage.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Danube
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David28th August 2019
Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau)
- WednesdayMay 20, 2020from Budapest8 DaysWednesdayMay 27, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$58USD $1,881Based on Single Cabin (1 passenger)
- TuesdayJun 16, 2020from Budapest8 DaysTuesdayJun 23, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$58USD $1,881Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- WednesdaySep 2, 2020from Budapest8 DaysWednesdaySep 9, 2020to Passau7 seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$58USD $1,881Based on Single Cabin (1 passenger)
- ThursdayOct 8, 2020from Budapest8 DaysThursdayOct 15, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus ImperialMS Amadeus Imperial$52USD $1,695Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SundayOct 18, 2020from Budapest8 DaysSundayOct 25, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$51USD $1,638Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdayOct 27, 2020from Budapest8 DaysTuesdayNov 3, 2020to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus StarMS Amadeus Star$46USD $1,481Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSlovakia , Austria and Germany
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Austria and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Passau is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 21 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 January 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Lueftner Cruises. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 95 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Lueftner Cruises. Please familiarise yourself with the Lueftner Cruises payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 40 km
- Esztergom (Hungary)
- 128 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 67 km
- Duernstein (Austria)
- 23 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 79 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 21 km
- Aschach an der Donau (Austria)
- 49 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 110 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,481 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,215 tours in Europe
- covered by 527 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau)