Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,525
- +9 Destinations
- Explore Hungary's throbbing capital city, Budapest
- Take in stunning views of the historic Bratislava
- Cruise through picturesque Wachau in Austria
- Experience Regensburg the Bavarian way
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Travel style
- River Cruise
- Rather Poor
- LBLaurelWritten on June 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentOverall, it was enjoyable. Room was clean and while not spacious, was just enough space. Meals were quite large and very tasty. The excursions were sometimes a bit long but maybe I noticed more due to the heat. All the staff were pleasant and helpful.Show detailed ratings
- BBBarbaraWritten on May 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentCruise was fantastic. Staff very attentive.Show detailed ratings
- BLBarbaraWritten on November 18, 20173.0 - AverageCruise ship was well maintained and accommodations were good. Staff relatively attentive and helpful. On this particular cruise, being English speaking and having more than half the passengers be part of a Japanese tour group and the majority of the remainder being part of a Brazilian tour group resulting in most tours being mixed language on shared buses. Generally speaking though, the majority of mixed language tours did have two separate tour leaders. Overall an interesting experience and allowed me to cross an item off my bucket list at a moderate expense - i.e. river cruising.Show detailed ratings
- NLNancyWritten on November 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom start to end this trip was everything we had wanted it to be. The service was cordial and professional. The tours were excellent and very very informative. Glad we decided to take extra excursions. The boat was sparkling clean at all times and the food was just wonderful. All aspects of our needs were met efficiently and in a very friendly manner, the crew were skilled and kept us on schedule without rushing us. It was an amazing trip all round.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 BUDAPEST
- DAY 2 BUDAPEST > ESZTERGOM
- DAY 3 BRATISLAVA
- DAY 4 VIENNA
- DAY 5 DÜRNSTEIN > MELK/EMMERSDORF
- DAY 6 LINZ > ASCHACH > PASSAU
- DAY 7 REGENSBURG
- DAY 8 PASSAU
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus BrilliantLaunched in 2011, the MS Amadeus Brilliant is a premium river cruise vessel that lives up to its name and famous lineage. The ship is bui… Read moreBuilt2011Guests150Length110mWidth11.4mSuites8Staterooms68RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Danube
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What payment methods are accepted on board?
You can make payments by cash, bank card with Maestro symbol and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express) on board. The currency on board is the Euro; however, the following currencies are accepted to settle your on-board account if needed: Swiss franc (CHF), British pound (GBP) US dollar (USD) and Norwegian krone (NOK).
I have a special dietary requirement can this be catered for?
There is always a vegetarian option for all meals on board the ships, however, if you have other special dietary requirements or suffer from food allergies, please inform your cruise specialist at the time of booking. On a request basis, Lueftner's chefs will certainly provide special dishes suitable for people with conditions such as lactose or gluten intolerance and will do their very best to offer an alternative to every guest where required.
How much luggage can you take on board?
On Lueftner cruises there are no restrictions with luggage in regards to the number of bags each guest may bring on board the ships, however, please bear in mind storage space is limited, and it is recommended that each passenger brings only one checked bag and one piece of hand luggage.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jennifer, 59 years old26th September 2018
Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau)
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Budapest8 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$47USD $1,525Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Budapest8 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to PassauOnly 1 seat leftMS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$55USD $1,786Based on Single Cabin (1 passenger)
- FridayMay 17, 2019from Budapest8 DaysFridayMay 24, 2019to Passau8 seats left MS Amadeus StarMS Amadeus Star$61USD $1,967Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- TuesdayAug 6, 2019from Budapest8 DaysTuesdayAug 13, 2019to Passau10+ seats left$49USD $1,596Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- FridayAug 30, 2019from Budapest8 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to Passau10+ seats left MS Amadeus BrilliantMS Amadeus Brilliant$55USD $1,786Based on Single Cabin (1 passenger)
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSlovakia , Austria and Germany
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Slovakia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Austria and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Passau is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Lueftner Cruises booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $1,525 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1525 for Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 40 km
- Esztergom (Hungary)
- 128 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 67 km
- Duernstein (Austria)
- 23 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 79 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 21 km
- Aschach an der Donau (Austria)
- 49 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 110 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,525 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classical Danube (Budapest - Passau)