Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel) (from Amsterdam to Basel)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,751
- Discover the beautiful Amsterdam, Cologne & Strasbourg
- Taste the delicious Rüdesheim Riesling and Alsace wines
- Stroll the streets of Cochem & view the Reichsburg castle
- Cruise along the romantic Rhine, relax and enjoy the view
- Join a Welcome dinner and enjoy onboard entertainment
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Berth / Cabin, Stateroom / Suite
- Travel style
- River Cruise, Discovery
- Lueftner Cruises
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 AMSTERDAM
- DAY 2 AMSTERDAM > HOORN
- DAY 3 COLOGNE
- DAY 4 COCHEM
- DAY 5 KOBLENZ > RÜDESHEIM
- DAY 6 MANNHEIM > SPEYER
- DAY 7 STRASSBOURG
- DAY 8 BASEL
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIIThe magnificent MS Amadeus Silver III vessel is the newest addition to the award winning Amadeus Silver fleet that includes the premium 1… Read moreBuilt2016Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
- Rather Poor
- SherryWritten on August 8, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The food buffet had exactly the same choices at breakfast and lunch each day, so since I didn’t care for any of those, this was an issue. There was always the option to order something off the menu though. The food overall was of average quality... not bad,... Read moreReview collected by Lueftner Cruises
- GeorgeWritten on July 8, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Tourradar needs to ensure that cabin selection is better understood by prospective clients. We expected from your web site a cabin with a panoramic view or a sliding window. We were totally disgusted with the cabin allocation at the start of the cruise... Read moreReview collected by Lueftner Cruises
- VerenaWritten on June 19, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Arrived in towns often too early in the day. Only went on one excursion (Strasbourg) with good guide but it included a canal cruise which was a waste of time- boat was too low in canal to see much, reflections on boat meant couldn’t take photos. It was boring. Read moreReview collected by Lueftner Cruises
- LarisaWritten on June 1, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Due to the technical problem, the Cologne stop was cancelled, and we missed one of the most important stops. Then, instead of sailing down Mosel river we were bussed to the next port, we were also bussed to Speyer, while original itinerary implied that the... Read more
- ADAlexWritten on May 15, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Was as promised and expected, but some of equipment under par.
- CherylWritten on October 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Rhine river cruise on the Amadeus Royal was lovely. The ports of call were all very interesting and beautiful. The ship staff was wonderful.
- JFJanWritten on November 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The ship was well appointed, clean and comfortable with amazing menus
- HKHannaWritten on July 20, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Unprofessional staff starting from check-in and lasting for the duration of the trip. Same goes for the amenities – they are certainly not up to the standards set by the prices charged by Luftner. Deceiving cruise description on the company web-site,... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a dress code on board?
There is no strict dress code on board as Lueftner like their guests to feel comfortable, however, they do recommend elegant clothing for dinner and for special occasions. In regards to what clothing to pack here are some recommendations: Comfortable, casual clothing is appropriate both onshore and onboard and we suggest lightweight clothing that can be layered. Shorts are appropriate for most tours, however long pants may be required for inside visits on some excursions. Your cruise manager will advise when and if this is required. Mix-and-match color schemes work best to help keep baggage light. You will find a significant amount of walking over uneven terrain during your time ashore. We recommend comfortable walking shoes with good ankle support. Sturdy sandals are another good option. Don’t forget to pack a lightweight, waterproof jacket (preferably hooded) or even a heavier-weight wind-breaker for cooler temperatures. Also, keep in mind that the ship, motor coaches and other venues visited on our itinerary are air-conditioned and may be quite cool. We recommend you that you pack a lightweight sweater or long sleeve shirts and carry them with you on excursions.
How much luggage can you take on board?
On Lueftner cruises there are no restrictions with luggage in regards to the number of bags each guest may bring on board the ships, however, please bear in mind storage space is limited, and it is recommended that each passenger brings only one checked bag and one piece of hand luggage.
Do you have laundry services available?
Lueftner have an onboard laundry service which would be happy to take over the washing and ironing of your personal clothes for an additional fee. Please note that there are no dry-cleaning facilities on board.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Rhine
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anne19th March 2019
Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel) (from Amsterdam to Basel)
- TuesdaySep 3, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to Basel4 seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$105USD $3,403Based on Stateroom Category A-1 - Double
- ThursdayOct 24, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysThursdayOct 31, 2019to Basel10+ seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$58USD $1,888Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- WednesdayApr 15, 2020from Amsterdam8 DaysWednesdayApr 22, 2020to Basel10+ seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$54USD $1,751Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- TuesdayMay 5, 2020from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdayMay 12, 2020to Basel4 seats left MS Amadeus ImperialMS Amadeus Imperial$77USD $2,477Based on Stateroom Category B-1 - Double
- MondayJul 27, 2020from Amsterdam8 DaysMondayAug 3, 2020to Basel10+ seats left MS Amadeus StarMS Amadeus Star$64USD $2,058Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- SundaySep 6, 2020from Amsterdam8 DaysSundaySep 13, 2020to Basel10+ seats left MS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$67USD $2,170Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- TuesdayOct 13, 2020from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdayOct 20, 2020to BaselOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$55USD $1,788Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands , Germany and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Amsterdam is the starting point and Basel is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 November 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Lueftner Cruises. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 90 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Lueftner Cruises. Please familiarise yourself with the Lueftner Cruises payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 32 km
- Hoorn (Netherlands)
- 231 km
- Cologne (Germany)
- 89 km
- Cochem (Germany)
- 38 km
- Koblenz (Germany)
- 49 km
- Rudesheim (Germany)
- 67 km
- Mannheim (Germany)
- 19 km
- Speyer (Germany)
- 96 km
- Strasbourg (France)
- 115 km
- Basel (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,751 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel) (from Amsterdam to Basel)