Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,453
- Discover the beautiful Amsterdam, Cologne & Strasbourg
- Taste the delicious Rüdesheim Riesling and Alsace wines
- Stroll the streets of Cochem & view the Reichsburg castle
- Cruise along the romantic Rhine, relax and enjoy the view
- Join a Welcome dinner and enjoy onboard entertainment
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Berth / Cabin, Stateroom / Suite
- Travel style
- River Cruise, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- CherylWritten on October 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Rhine river cruise on the Amadeus Royal was lovely. The ports of call were all very interesting and beautiful. The ship staff was wonderful.
- JFJanWritten on November 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The ship was well appointed, clean and comfortable with amazing menus
- HKHannaWritten on July 20, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Unprofessional staff starting from check-in and lasting for the duration of the trip. Same goes for the amenities – they are certainly not up to the standards set by the prices charged by Luftner. Deceiving cruise description on the company web-site,... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 AMSTERDAM
- DAY 2 AMSTERDAM > HOORN
- DAY 3 COLOGNE
- DAY 4 COCHEM
- DAY 5 KOBLENZ > RÜDESHEIM
- DAY 6 MANNHEIM > SPEYER
- DAY 7 STRASSBOURG
- DAY 8 BASEL
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIIThe magnificent MS Amadeus Silver III vessel is the newest addition to the award winning Amadeus Silver fleet that includes the premium 1… Read moreBuilt2016Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus StarThe new ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 AMADEUS Suites. Similar to our other ships, the AMADEUS STAR cabins on th… Read moreBuilt2019Guests164Length135m / 443 ftWidth11.4m / 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms70RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Rhine
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a dress code on board?
There is no strict dress code on board as Lueftner like their guests to feel comfortable, however, they do recommend elegant clothing for dinner and for special occasions. In regards to what clothing to pack here are some recommendations: Comfortable, casual clothing is appropriate both onshore and onboard and we suggest lightweight clothing that can be layered. Shorts are appropriate for most tours, however long pants may be required for inside visits on some excursions. Your cruise manager will advise when and if this is required. Mix-and-match color schemes work best to help keep baggage light. You will find a significant amount of walking over uneven terrain during your time ashore. We recommend comfortable walking shoes with good ankle support. Sturdy sandals are another good option. Don’t forget to pack a lightweight, waterproof jacket (preferably hooded) or even a heavier-weight wind-breaker for cooler temperatures. Also, keep in mind that the ship, motor coaches and other venues visited on our itinerary are air-conditioned and may be quite cool. We recommend you that you pack a lightweight sweater or long sleeve shirts and carry them with you on excursions.
How much luggage can you take on board?
On Lueftner cruises there are no restrictions with luggage in regards to the number of bags each guest may bring on board the ships, however, please bear in mind storage space is limited, and it is recommended that each passenger brings only one checked bag and one piece of hand luggage.
Do you have laundry services available?
Lueftner have an onboard laundry service which would be happy to take over the washing and ironing of your personal clothes for an additional fee. Please note that there are no dry-cleaning facilities on board.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Angela, 56 years old17th April 2017
Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to Basel0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$77USD $1,858Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- FridayMay 24, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Basel4 seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$100USD $2,396Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- TuesdayMay 28, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Basel0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$87USD $2,079Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Basel4 seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$100USD $2,396Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- ThursdayJun 27, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysThursdayJul 4, 2019to Basel0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$87USD $2,079Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- ThursdayJul 11, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysThursdayJul 18, 2019to Basel0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$82USD $1,974Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- WednesdayJul 31, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysWednesdayAug 7, 2019to BaselOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$156USD $3,737Based on Suite SUI - Double
- TuesdayAug 20, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdayAug 27, 2019to Basel0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$82USD $1,974Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdaySep 3, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to Basel8 seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$100USD $2,396Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- ThursdayOct 24, 2019from Amsterdam8 DaysThursdayOct 31, 2019to BaselOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$78USD $1,868Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands , Germany and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Amsterdam is the starting point and Basel is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Lueftner Cruises booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 March 2019 the full payment of $1,453 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1453 for Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 32 km
- Hoorn (Netherlands)
- 231 km
- Cologne (Germany)
- 89 km
- Cochem (Germany)
- 38 km
- Koblenz (Germany)
- 49 km
- Rudesheim (Germany)
- 67 km
- Mannheim (Germany)
- 19 km
- Speyer (Germany)
- 96 km
- Strasbourg (France)
- 115 km
- Basel (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,453 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,187 tours in Europe
- covered by 330 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classical Rhine (Amsterdam - Basel)