Classical Rhine Cruise (Basel-Amsterdam)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,033
- +8 Destinations
- Explore the city of Strasbourg
- Discover beautiful Heidelberg
- Visit the unique Cologne Cathedral
- Cruise along the Amsterdam canals
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Rather Poor
- liWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe enjoyed our trip very much. The rooms are clean and tidy. Food served was appreciated by all of us. Everyone is nice and helpful. Thanks for all the arrangement that we had a peaceful time onboard.Show detailed ratings
- CCCeciliaWritten on April 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentWith the price paid for this cruise, it should be ALL inclusive. The ship should have hand sanitizing stations. Entertainment after dinner needs to be a bit more entertaining. More history or description of the places we pass by would be appreciated. Optional excursions should be refundable when a passenger is unable to go.Show detailed ratings
- NMNicolasWritten on April 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentJust about everything..Show detailed ratings
- ClaireWritten on November 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentMore than what we expected our accommodations was very comfy, food & wine exceptional, staff gracious, friendly and ready to serve!!! Tour director Maggie was very efficient, pleasant and made sure we were all taken care of.Show detailed ratings
- TAThomasWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentWonderful trip packed full of many beautiful villages and towns. Only complaint is it was difficult finding the boat in Basel because of 4 different pontoons and no indication as to which one.Show detailed ratings
- LTLeilaWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodWe were 4 senior ladies and were given roooms on the lower deck because there were no vacancies in the upper deck. We were the only guests there. We were bothered by crew members always in the corridor and by the noises that came from the nearby utility room. However, the ship was not fully occupied, only 110 passengers and many rooms were vacant in the two upper decks. Besides that the cruise was enjoyable also despite that some of the crew members were novices and did not know how to provide the proper service. We are looking considering the Black Sea Cruises for 2019!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1 BASEL
- DAY 2 STRASBOURG
- DAY 3 SPEYER > MANNHEIM
- DAY 4 RÜDESHEIM > KOBLENZ
- DAY 5 COCHEM
- DAY 6 COLOGNE
- DAY 7 HOORN > AMSTERDAM
- DAY 8 AMSTERDAM
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus RoyalBuilt in 2005 and newly renovated in 2015, the deluxe MS Amadeus Royal is a premium cruise vessel fitted with the finest comforts and ame… Read moreBuilt2005 (refurbished 2015)Guests142Length110mWidth11.4mSuites4Staterooms67RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIIThe magnificent MS Amadeus Silver III vessel is the newest addition to the award winning Amadeus Silver fleet that includes the premium 1… Read moreBuilt2016Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 21, 2018
Do you offer door to door service to and from the airport to begin the cruise?
We can certainly request transfers for you to and from the ship. However, as Lueftner does not include them in the cruise price it will be an additional cost which we can confirm for you when you have a booking on a certain departure.
- May 1, 2017
Is there a single person cost for this cruise?
Yes, there is a single supplement charge for a single room. To see the cost of this you can click on book now next to your required date.
- February 1, 2017
Are flights included?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Classical Rhine Cruise (Basel-Amsterdam)
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Basel8 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$120USD $3,894Based on Suite
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Basel8 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$64USD $2,058Based on Stateroom Category C-4
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Basel8 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Amsterdam0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$64USD $2,058Based on Stateroom Category C-4Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Basel8 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus RoyalMS Amadeus Royal$56USD $1,813Based on Stateroom Category C-1
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Basel8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Amsterdam0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$46USD $1,493Based on Stateroom Category C-4Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMar 29, 2019from Basel8 DaysFridayApr 5, 2019to AmsterdamOnly 2 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$32USD $1,033Based on Stateroom Category C-4
- ThursdayJul 4, 2019from Basel8 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to AmsterdamMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$55USD $1,786Based on Stateroom Category C-4
- TuesdayAug 13, 2019from Basel8 DaysTuesdayAug 20, 2019to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$52USD $1,696Based on Stateroom Category C-4
- ThursdayOct 31, 2019from Basel8 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to AmsterdamOnly 3 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$44USD $1,423Based on Stateroom Category C-4
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Basel is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Lueftner Cruises booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $1,033 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1033 for Classical Rhine Cruise (Basel-Amsterdam), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Basel (Switzerland)
- 115 km
- Strasbourg (Germany)
- 96 km
- Speyer (Germany)
- 19 km
- Mannheim (Germany)
- 67 km
- Rudesheim (Germany)
- 49 km
- Koblenz (Germany)
- 38 km
- Cochem (Germany)
- 89 km
- Cologne (Germany)
- 231 km
- Hoorn (Netherlands)
- 32 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,033 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classical Rhine Cruise (Basel-Amsterdam)