Classical Rhine (Basel - Amsterdam) (from Basel to Amsterdam)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,060
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +8 Destinations
- Visit France, Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands
- Glide past The Lorelei, the mythical rock of the sirens
- Dine on board in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant
- Sip Riesling in Rüdesheim and explore charming Koblenz
- Explore the waterways of Bohemian Amsterdam
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Berth / Cabin, Stateroom / Suite
- Travel style
- River Cruise, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- MSmelissaWritten on November 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was wonderful. Some communication problems occurred between time to be at the bus versus when the bus was leaving. We had to wait 4 1/2 hours as a result. Water was not provided and we were told nothing by the guide. But aside from that, the crew, the... Read more
- liWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We enjoyed our trip very much. The rooms are clean and tidy. Food served was appreciated by all of us. Everyone is nice and helpful. Thanks for all the arrangement that we had a peaceful time onboard.
- CCCeciliaWritten on April 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
With the price paid for this cruise, it should be ALL inclusive. The ship should have hand sanitizing stations. Entertainment after dinner needs to be a bit more entertaining. More history or description of the places we pass by would be appreciated.... Read more
- NMNicolasWritten on April 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Just about everything..
- ClaireWritten on November 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
More than what we expected our accommodations was very comfy, food & wine exceptional, staff gracious, friendly and ready to serve!!! Tour director Maggie was very efficient, pleasant and made sure we were all taken care of.
- TAThomasWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wonderful trip packed full of many beautiful villages and towns. Only complaint is it was difficult finding the boat in Basel because of 4 different pontoons and no indication as to which one.
- LTLeilaWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We were 4 senior ladies and were given roooms on the lower deck because there were no vacancies in the upper deck. We were the only guests there. We were bothered by crew members always in the corridor and by the noises that came from the nearby utility... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 BASEL
- DAY 2 STRASBOURG
- DAY 3 SPEYER > MANNHEIM
- DAY 4 RÜDESHEIM > KOBLENZ
- DAY 5 COCHEM
- DAY 6 COLOGNE
- DAY 7 HOORN > AMSTERDAM
- DAY 8 AMSTERDAM
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Lueftner Cruises Ships
- MS Amadeus Silver IIDebuting in the spring of 2015, the stellar MS Amadeus Silver II is a sophisticated vessel that has been inspired by its award winning si… Read moreBuilt2015Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus Silver IIIThe magnificent MS Amadeus Silver III vessel is the newest addition to the award winning Amadeus Silver fleet that includes the premium 1… Read moreBuilt2016Guests168Length135Width11.4mSuites12Staterooms72RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus QueenThe AMADEUS Queen, the 15th river cruise ship of the Austrian ship operator, will tour the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers as well as Dutch… Read moreBuilt2018Guests162Length135 m (443 ft)Width11.4 m (37.5 ft)Suites12Staterooms69RegistryGermany
- MS Amadeus ImperialLaunching in April 2020, the AMADEUS Imperial is designed to offer our guests an effortless combination of the vibrant energy of a river… Read moreBuilt2020Guests168Length135 x 11.4 mWidth443 x 37.5 ftSuites12Staterooms72
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cruise with AMADEUS – Classical Rhine
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you offer door to door service to and from the airport to begin the cruise?
We can certainly request transfers for you to and from the ship. However, as Lueftner does not include them in the cruise price it will be an additional cost which we can confirm for you when you have a booking on a certain departure.
Is there a single person cost for this cruise?
Yes, there is a single supplement charge for a single room. To see the cost of this you can click on book now next to your required date.
Are flights included?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
Classical Rhine (Basel - Amsterdam) (from Basel to Amsterdam)
- FridayMar 29, 2019from Basel8 DaysFridayApr 5, 2019to Amsterdam0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$38USD $1,215Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - DoubleSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayAug 13, 2019from Basel8 DaysTuesdayAug 20, 2019to Amsterdam0 seats leftMS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$62USD $1,994Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - DoubleSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayOct 31, 2019from Basel8 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIMS Amadeus Silver II$61USD $1,973Based on Stateroom Category C-1 - Double
- TuesdayMar 31, 2020from Basel8 DaysTuesdayApr 7, 2020to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$33USD $1,060Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdayMay 12, 2020from Basel8 DaysTuesdayMay 19, 2020to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus ImperialMS Amadeus Imperial$57USD $1,831Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- WednesdayMay 13, 2020from Basel8 DaysWednesdayMay 20, 2020to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus Silver IIIMS Amadeus Silver III$57USD $1,831Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdayJun 23, 2020from Basel8 DaysTuesdayJun 30, 2020to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus ImperialMS Amadeus Imperial$57USD $1,831Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- TuesdayAug 4, 2020from Basel8 DaysTuesdayAug 11, 2020to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus ImperialMS Amadeus Imperial$54USD $1,740Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
- SundaySep 13, 2020from Basel8 DaysSundaySep 20, 2020to Amsterdam10+ seats left MS Amadeus Queen MS Amadeus Queen$57USD $1,831Based on Stateroom Category C-4 - Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Basel is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Lueftner Cruises to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Lueftner Cruises booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 June 2019 the full payment of $1,060 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1060 for Classical Rhine (Basel - Amsterdam) (from Basel to Amsterdam), but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Lueftner Cruises tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Basel (Switzerland)
- 115 km
- Strasbourg (Germany)
- 96 km
- Speyer (Germany)
- 19 km
- Mannheim (Germany)
- 67 km
- Rudesheim (Germany)
- 49 km
- Koblenz (Germany)
- 38 km
- Cochem (Germany)
- 89 km
- Cologne (Germany)
- 231 km
- Hoorn (Netherlands)
- 32 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,060 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,855 tours in Europe
- covered by 451 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classical Rhine (Basel - Amsterdam) (from Basel to Amsterdam)