Discover Albania tour
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 23 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 893
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Todd "We took the Discover Albania Tour with Albania Travel-Net and had such an amazing time. We saw truly exceptional archaeological sites including the UNESCO site of Butrint which is in a stunning setting, it is like stepping back in time. We were lucky enough to be there while the frescos were exposed and they were beyond description. We also visited the UNESCO sites of the historic centers of Be..."
- +12 Destinations
- Learn about Albania's history
- View incredible landscapes
- Drive along the Albanian Riviera
- VIsit Gjirokastra, a UNESCO World Heritage town
- Age range
- 18 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- VSVincentWritten on August 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur tour of Albania was fantastic. The accomodation was great, a mixture of traditional b&bs and lovely moden hotels. In Sarande we has awesome water views from our balcony and in Girocaster we had a beautiful room in an Ottoman house. Albania is an amazing g place with lots of history, great food and magestic scenery. Everyone should include Albania on their bucket list. All this being said, our tour was stepped up a notch by our wonderful guide, Vaso. His knowledge of history and politics for one so young was astounding. He and our driver Kali made sure we were looked after well with lots of treats along the way. You will not be sorry if you book a tour of Albania with Albania TravelNet.Show detailed ratingsAlbania TravelNet commented on this reviewThank you for your review.
- SSSarahWritten on September 26, 20164.5 - ExcellentHello ! I have just returned from a Discover Albania tour organised by Enea at Albania Travelnet. The tour took 9 days and we visited the main Albanian archaeological sites and traditional towns and historical castles , travelling over 1000 miles. Albania is full of beauty, history and many surprises ! The political history is particularly interesting and i learnt a great deal about Communism and Dictatorship. The tour was brilliant . A mix of modern and traditional hotels all comfortable. Enea is a wealth of information and historical date and facts. He is also a very calm and careful driver on some quite challenging roads . I would definitely recommend Albania Travelnet and Enea can tailor the tour to your needs.Show detailed ratings
- KKKiaWritten on July 2, 20164.0 - GoodWe had a fantastic time with our guide, Miri. He speaks great English and has a great sense of humor. We heart Miri!Show detailed ratings
- PLPattiWritten on August 14, 20155.0 - ExcellentAlthough my husband and I travelled with Albania TravelNet in May, it has taken me until now (August!) to process all of the experiences we had with them in Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo. John and I are in our late fifties. We're avid hikers, musicians, foodies, politics and history fact seekers, readers, and general students of the world. Our guide, "Enea", was extremely knowledgable, patient and conscientious. He's a great driver, and a cool head when some political unrest in Macedonia threatened to usurp our agenda. All of the accommodations chosen for us were absolutely clean, comfortable, and they were extremely varied, which we appreciated. The restaurants we ate in were great: delicious food, clean facilities, and good places to sit, relax, talk and plan the next day's agenda. I can't imagine having done this trip without using Albania Travelnet, we would have missed so much. This is a beautiful part of the world: I would encourage everyone to make this trip, and use this company. I have a feeling we'll be comparing our future travel experiences to Albania Travel from now on. I can't think of one thing that would have made the trip better. Patti Loach, TorontoShow detailed ratings
- DDiegoWritten on May 21, 20155.0 - ExcellentWe have traveled to Albania twice, and Albania TravelNet has done an amazing job both times. They are an amazing travel agency, very professional, making sure that the experience of discovering Albania is enjoyable. The Drivers and Tourist Guide are excellent, making you feel safe and at the same time you learn Albanian Culture. We are planning our third visit and definitely will hire Albania TravelNet to be our tourist agency. Highly recommended for anyone traveling and experiencing Albania! A+++ (make sure you bring your photo camera charged!!!!)Show detailed ratings
- TinaWritten on May 15, 20155.0 - ExcellentMe and my wife traveled with Albania Travelnet on Dicovering Albania Tour on May. We found this tour while google searching for a tour of Albania and we were really surprised with the value for money of this tour offered, considering that this was a small group of 5 people, so it was like being on a semi private tour with our own tour guide. The accommodations were we stayed were very good and we really liked the traditional accommodations in Berat, Gjirokastra and Shkodra. All breakfasts were included and we had nice meals in traditional restaurant but we would prefer the meals to be included in the price. Overall it was a very informative and well organised tour.Show detailed ratings
- TWToddWritten on May 15, 20155.0 - ExcellentWe took the Discover Albania Tour with Albania Travel-Net and had such an amazing time. We saw truly exceptional archaeological sites including the UNESCO site of Butrint which is in a stunning setting, it is like stepping back in time. We were lucky enough to be there while the frescos were exposed and they were beyond description. We also visited the UNESCO sites of the historic centers of Berat and Gjirokastra, two astonishingly lovely historical cities that rival the beauty and charm of any European town that I have seen. Enea even took us on a tour of the cold war tunnel and complex beneath Gjirokastra, it sent chills down our spines. Both of these cities are not to be missed. Berat is possibly my favorite little town in all of Europe and we stayed in the most amazing guest house that I have ever been lucky enough to visit, Bujtina Kodiket. Vasilika, the owner, is a lovely host and she took very good care of us. It was my birthday while we were there and she prepared a very special dinner that I will never forget. It is my favorite guest house in all of Europe! We also visited the picturesque coast. I highly recommend a swim and lunch at the Caribbean like beach of ksamil. A stroll along the promenade in the vibrant town of Saranda is a lot of fun. And my personal favorite stop on the coast is the unspoiled beach resort of Dhermi, it is the perfect spot to have a terrific meal at the restaurant Del Mare and swim in the warm, clear waters, I could have stayed there for a few weeks. Enea was very easy going, informative and open minded and he tailored the tour to fit in whatever we wanted to do when time allowed. We were able to visit an olive oil processing facility and buy some freshly pressed olive oil and to visit a winery for a tasting. Beside the natural beauty of Albania and her friendly people, the food is absolutely delicious and every meal was a delight. The wine and Raki are also not to be missed. Enea and Albania-TravelNet made our trip so special and personal that we all talk about it very often and want to return to tour with them at any chance we get. Not only did we get to learn about the history and culture of a fascinating country, but we feel like we made a friend there and Albania has a very special place in all of our hearts. I could go on and on about Albania and Albania-TravelNet but I really just suggest you go and discover how amazing and unspoiled this treasure is for yourself. I know that I plan on returning many times. There is still so much to discover in Albania and with Enea, nothing is impossible.Show detailed ratings
- RogerWritten on May 10, 20154.5 - ExcellentA wonderful 16 days of informative exploration of Albania with a superb guideShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on October 26, 20145.0 - ExcellentWe spent 9 days exploring central and southern Albania with Albania Travelnet, in late October 2014. The tour was flawlessly organized and offered an absorbing study of the country's complex cultural and political history. Intelligent and well-read with an excellent command of English, our guide not only imparted his vast and exhaustive knowledge of historical facts but also shared his interpretations and opinions of past events and their connection to the present-day narrative. We entrusted our guide with selecting the restaurants and ordering our food and were delighted with all of his decisions. As it happens, Albania is an epicurean paradise (who knew?) offering a diverse assortment of fresh meat, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes “ the true standouts were lamb, young goat and in the coastal areas, mollusks (particularly mussels and octopus). Lodgings everywhere were clean and for the most part very good, with our clear favourite being the enchanting Bujtina Kodiket B&B in Berat. Until we began our journey, we knew very little about the country and we'd like to thank Albania Travelnet for enlightening us with his spirited lessons in Albanian history and social studies and showcasing the country's splendid beauty.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 17, 20145.0 - ExcellentWe were totally unsure of what to expect, but after 8 days with Albania Travelnet we had a real appreciation of the country’s history, culture, peoples and topography. Our guide proved to be not only a treasureleigh 1 trove of facts but also a very personable companion, focused at all times not only on ensuring we were exposed to all aspects of the country but also on ensuring that we understood the how, the when and the why of what we were seeing. We were introduced to the many delights of the local cuisine. We enjoyed many culinary delights but found ourselves politely but firmly refusing a second helping of stuffed sheep spleen. We learned a great deal about the country but also about the life of its people (or various peoples, as we became more and more aware of the different ethnic groupings and their origins). We came away with both an understanding and an affection for the country. We can’t recommend this tour highly enough for small group tours of this fascinating country which offers so much but which, it seems, still remains a well-kept secret.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi Friend! Thanks for viewing my profile! Please feel free to contact me for anything, If you wanna have..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane28th January 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Tirana.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Albania TravelNet booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $893 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $893 for Discover Albania tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Albania TravelNet will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Albania TravelNet tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 548 km.
- Tirana (Albania)
- 86 km
- Shkodra (Albania)
- 85 km
- Durres (Albania)
- 66 km
- Apollonia (Albania)
- 28 km
- Vlore (Albania)
- 29 km
- Llogara National Park (Albania)
- 10 km
- Dhermi (Albania)
- 10 km
- Himara (Albania)
- 34 km
- Saranda (Albania)
- 12 km
- Butrint National Park (Albania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $893 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Discover Albania tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Albania tour