Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)
- US $ 291
- Rather Poor
- JJennySinneckerWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentWhat a great way to see the Southern part of the South Island. Milford, Stewart Island and Mt Cook were fantastic. Travelling in a group is so much more fun and social than on your own.Show detailed ratings
- RRivaSauileogeWritten on September 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had the best time ever while travelling with STRAY!!!!! We visit places that I would never imagine exists. Our driver guide was the most knowledgeable and helpful guide ever. I would 100% recommend Stray if you're looking for the trip of a life time. We all became really close with other travelers on the bus and up till now we all remain in contact with each other. I would definitely come back to New Zealand and travel with Stray again in the future. THANK YOU STRAY FOR MAKING MY VISIT TO NZ THE MOST MEMORABLE TRIP EVERShow detailed ratings
- KSKateWritten on August 18, 20184.0 - GoodThis tour guide was very personal and fun! Although i did not love that some of the activities weren’t included in the price so I was a little blindsided by the fact that I had to pay for tickets such as ones to Milford sound and Stewart island, so i wasn’t prepared for that. But otherwise I had a really fun timeShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Kate! Thanks for the great review :) Yes, our hop-on hop-off passes include transport only. It is our Journeys tours that include accommodation and some activities. Glad to hear you had a fun time!
- HMHeidi-MayWritten on February 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing trip with Stray. The bus driver Motors was absolutely fantastic and put a lot of effort in to ensure each person had a good time.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewCheers for joining us, Heidi-May! Wonderful to hear you had a blast with Motors!
- JjiaojiaoheWritten on March 22, 20175.0 - Excellentvery good，i will recommend to my friendsShow detailed ratings
- CWCalynWritten on December 27, 20164.0 - GoodGreat experience because is fun and safe!Show detailed ratings
- DeborahWritten on March 7, 20164.5 - ExcellentGreat fun seeing the far South Island of New Zealand! Cookie is the best so if you get a chance to have him cook you dinner please do! We were able to see a lot of the South Island in a very short time. Brilliant!!Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThanks for sharing! We'll pass your comments along to Cookie - his name is well earned, isn't it?
- AnneWritten on October 3, 20155.0 - ExcellentRuru is a great driver!!!!!! He even speak Danish! He is just awesome.! Cheers Anne and Anders from Denmark :-) Go Ruru!!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Queenstown to Gunns Camp
- Gunns Camp to Invercargill/Stewart Island
- Invercargill/ Stewart Island to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does getting a stray pass guarantee my space in the bus?
The travellers that are using Stray Travel´s bus pass are hopping on and off and the tour operator is aware of this so there are no problems with availability.
What will the accommodation be like on this tour?
New Zealand is lucky to have a high standard of backpacker accommodation. You have the chance to stay in a variety of hostels, wilderness lodges and cabins. Accommodation venues usually offer a choice of dorm, double and twin share and the majority have full kitchen facilities, a TV lounge and internet.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a surcharge?
For solo travellers, you need to pay for the single supplement.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather, 57 years old23rd September 2018
Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- ThursdayNov 8, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysTuesdayNov 20, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Queenstown6 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $291
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Queenstown is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 November 2018 the full payment of $291 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $291 for Stray - Stew Pass (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 196 km
- Invercargill (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Stewart Island (New Zealand)
- 223 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $291 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 949 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 69 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Stew Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)