Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)
- US $ 292
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +8 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Rather Poor
- DVDesireeWritten on April 21, 20195.0 - Excellent
I enjoyed it so much! Both drivers were fantastic (Pacman & Moose) and it was great to meet so many nice people along the way. The places we went to were amazing as well. I only wished there were more busses driving so it'd be easier to stay somewhere just... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewCheers Desiree! Stoked you had a splendid time on our Stew Pass! ~Lisa at Stray
- WCWinnieWritten on March 13, 20194.5 - Excellent
The guide Lifty is funny and nice. Overall the tour is very good. The only thing I don’t like about Stray is they cancelled my North Island tour, put me in another tour which conflicted my schedule, so I need to cancel the tour, and Stray charged me 20%... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Winnie, it's good to hear you had a good time on tour with Lefty, but I am sorry about what happened with your North Island tour. Did you fill out one of our feedback surveys or send a message to email@example.com about this? If you haven't already done so, we would appreciate a feedback email from you so we can investigate. Cheers, Lisa at Stray
- AdrianaWritten on December 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Amazon, great trip, definitely recommend it
- JJennySinneckerWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
What a great way to see the Southern part of the South Island. Milford, Stewart Island and Mt Cook were fantastic. Travelling in a group is so much more fun and social than on your own.
- RRivaSauileogeWritten on September 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the best time ever while travelling with STRAY!!!!! We visit places that I would never imagine exists. Our driver guide was the most knowledgeable and helpful guide ever. I would 100% recommend Stray if you're looking for the trip of a life time. We... Read more
- KSKateWritten on August 18, 20184.0 - Good
This tour guide was very personal and fun! Although i did not love that some of the activities weren’t included in the price so I was a little blindsided by the fact that I had to pay for tickets such as ones to Milford sound and Stewart island, so i wasn’t... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Kate! Thanks for the great review :) Yes, our hop-on hop-off passes include transport only. It is our Journeys tours that include accommodation and some activities. Glad to hear you had a fun time!
- HMHeidi-MayWritten on February 9, 20185.0 - Excellent
I had an amazing trip with Stray. The bus driver Motors was absolutely fantastic and put a lot of effort in to ensure each person had a good time.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewCheers for joining us, Heidi-May! Wonderful to hear you had a blast with Motors!
- JjiaojiaoheWritten on March 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
very good，i will recommend to my friends
- CWCalynWritten on December 27, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Great experience because is fun and safe!
- DeborahWritten on March 7, 20164.5 - Excellent
Great fun seeing the far South Island of New Zealand! Cookie is the best so if you get a chance to have him cook you dinner please do! We were able to see a lot of the South Island in a very short time. Brilliant!!Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThanks for sharing! We'll pass your comments along to Cookie - his name is well earned, isn't it?
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Queenstown (via Milford Sound) to Gunn's Camp
- Gunn's Camp to Invercargill/Stewart Island
- Invercargill/ Stewart Island to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook (via Tekapo) to Rangitata
- Rangitata to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does getting a stray pass guarantee my space in the bus?
The travellers that are using Stray Travel´s bus pass are hopping on and off and the tour operator is aware of this so there are no problems with availability.
What will the accommodation be like on this tour?
New Zealand is lucky to have a high standard of backpacker accommodation. You have the chance to stay in a variety of hostels, wilderness lodges and cabins. Accommodation venues usually offer a choice of dorm, double and twin share and the majority have full kitchen facilities, a TV lounge and internet.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a surcharge?
For solo travellers, you need to pay for the single supplement.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Deborah31st October 2018
Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- ThursdayMay 30, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysWednesdayJun 5, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- ThursdayJun 6, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysWednesdayJun 12, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- ThursdayJun 13, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysWednesdayJun 19, 2019to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $292
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- ThursdayJun 20, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysWednesdayJun 26, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- ThursdayJun 27, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysWednesdayJul 3, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Queenstown7 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $292
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Queenstown is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 June 2019 the full payment of $292 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $292 for Stray - Stew Pass (South Island), but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 21 km
- Hollyford Valley (New Zealand)
- 179 km
- Invercargill (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Stewart Island (New Zealand)
- 223 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 43 km
- Lake Tekapo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Rangitata (New Zealand)
- 119 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $292 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,294 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 91 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Stew Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Stew Pass (South Island)