Stray - Short Q (South Island)
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 31 May 2018
- US $ 481
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Shannon "Stray was a very convenient option to travel around NZ. My bus driver was very knowledgable, friendly, enthusiastic and helped booked up on activities. Going as a couple, we made sure our accommodation was pre-booked. This was a good decision as it was often found there were not enough double rooms guaranteed for the first night stay. The option of hop on and off was great, and the detour off the ..."
- +4 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
Start and end in Christchurch! With the hop on/off tour Stray - Short Q (South Island) , you have a 7 day tour package taking you through Christchurch, New Zealand and 4 other destinations in New Zealand. Stray - Short Q (South Island) includes transport.
- Age range
- 18 to 49 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat
- Rather Poor
- TTaraWritten on December 23, 20164.0 - GoodEasy. Would definitely recommendShow detailed ratings
- AHAmyWritten on December 19, 20162.5 - AverageWould not travel with Stray again. Currently writing a letter of complaint due to the service provided and poor customer service. I had a completely different experience from what I was led to believe I would by the website - very difficult to hop on and off / change itinerary due to buses not being daily. The main disappointment though were the negative experiences of one particular driver including being left behind as the bus I was due to hop onto left 40 mins ahead of schedule without me and another passenger- Stray wanted to manage this initially by requesting I make my own way to the next place by public transport, only because I refused did the bus then have to turn around and come get me/ us. Very disappointed and put a major downer on the trip.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Amy, I am very sorry to hear that your experience with Stray did not meet your expectations. Of course we want to know how we could have communicated how Stray works to you better pre-trip as well as further details about what happened while on your trip. I would appreciate if you can send your message directly to email@example.com so we can investigate this further. Kind regards, Lisa
- AdrianWritten on February 12, 20163.0 - AverageThe Short Q allowed you to get to some key places in the South Island especially the key activities in Queenstown. I wanted to get rafting done so added this to my schedule. I rafted in Rangitata (highly recommended) and Shotover (quite good but sections not as good as Rangitata). Also did the learn to fly in Wangata -this included taking off and landing the plane. I stayed on the bus after Christchurch and went to Kaikoura. Well worth it for the Dolphin Swimming.Show detailed ratings
- ShannonWritten on January 4, 20164.0 - GoodStray was a very convenient option to travel around NZ. My bus driver was very knowledgable, friendly, enthusiastic and helped booked up on activities. Going as a couple, we made sure our accommodation was pre-booked. This was a good decision as it was often found there were not enough double rooms guaranteed for the first night stay. The option of hop on and off was great, and the detour off the main track to Rangitata was great.Show detailed ratings
- HBHeatherWritten on December 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentStray was much more than I expected in every area. It's designed to help create international relationships while traveling, and it does just that. I couldn't be happier with how helpful they were, how much fun they provided, and the group I toured with. They provided memories to last a lifetime and friendships around the glob!Show detailed ratings
- AzuraWritten on November 17, 20154.0 - GoodIt was a great experience and an informative guide makes it all better.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Christchurch to Franz Josef (via Greymouth)
- Franz Josef to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/ Mt Cook
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- New Zealand Adventure Travel With Stray
- Destination Video: Milford Sound and Gunn's Camp
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $481 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $481 for Stray - Short Q (South Island) , but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 812 km.
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $481 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Short Q (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Short Q (South Island)