Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 09:12:25
- US $ 502
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Picton and end in Christchurch! With the hop on/off tour Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island), you have a 11 day tour package taking you through Picton, New Zealand and 7 other destinations in New Zealand. Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island) includes transport.
- Age range
- 18 to 49 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LALilyWritten on April 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time with Stray. Great stops and driver! The only suggestion I would make is WiFi on the buses as many other bus companies offer this and there are days that you are on the bus for hours...Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia Ora Lily! So glad you had such a great time with Stray :) We actually trialled WiFi on the buses in the past but found that it wasn't necessary as most travellers have pre-paid SIM cards and preferred to use the WiFi at the hostels. At Stray we also love to get off-the-beaten-track which means we love wandering where the WiFi is weak! With good friends, an epic driver guide, plenty of scenic stops and days that are jam packed with activities we aim to help people escape technology and truly embrace the magic that NZ has to offer. Thanks so much for your review, we hope you'll Stray with us again in future!
- BWBOWritten on March 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentGood experience, nice driver,Show detailed ratings
- CColmWritten on January 16, 20164.0 - GoodIn the beginning the air con on board wasnt working but stray got this sorted quickly and were very apologetic. Our driver Flipper was excellent. He was laid back but also very informative about all the places we visited. He ensured everyone was on time for the bus by making any late-comers read a passage from 50 shades of grey which was very entertaining. He made an effort to get to know everyone on board by socialising with us and organising group dinners where everyone helped prepare and cook the food together. One thing I did not like about Stray was that if there was a limited number of places for an activity, ultimately your seat position on the bus could decide if you got to do the activity or not. This was because the clip boards were passed around the same way every day so people knew where the clip board would start and finish. Therefore you could strategically position yourself on the bus so that you would be one of the first to get the clip board and ensure you got your name down early. The people who were furthest down the list ran the risk of not being within the limited number of spots available. This did not cause problems most of the time but was an issue once or twice.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 10, 20154.0 - GoodHopping on the stray bus was a great way to see NZ, especially travelling solo. I made some new friends, saw some beautiful places, learnt a bit about this amazing country, and tried some awesome activities I wouldn't have tried otherwise. Totally recommend giving stray a go. - Melissa
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Picton to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Westport
- Westport to Franz Josef
- Franz Josef
- Franz Josef to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook to Christchurch
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 13, 2016
Hi i understand the travelling period is from march 29 - april 7, however I understand that the stray tour has a validity of 12 months hop on hop off, does this mean when i book from your website, i can only travel between march 29-april 7, or that i have the flexibility of completing the tour in 12 months?
Thanks for your enquiry. From the day you purchase the tour, you have 12 months to start travelling from that date.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Picton11 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Picton11 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Picton11 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Picton11 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Picton11 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Picton11 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Picton11 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Picton11 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Picton11 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Picton11 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $502
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Picton is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $502 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $502 for Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,068 km.
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 147 km
- Westport (New Zealand)
- 213 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $502 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 813 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)