Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)
- US $ 475
- +6 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Rather Poor
- GGarySeowWritten on August 31, 20185.0 - ExcellentStray Bus Experience I feel so glad that I booked and joined Stray Travel Bus for my South Island Free & Easy Tour for 2 weeks. The Stray Bus driver ~ “Hunter”..yeah his name is ~ Hunter:). He is not only an experience great driver but also a very kind, very friendly and caring driver as well with full of passion. The passion of introducing the famous landmarks, beautiful landscapes and cool activities to all the passengers:). He did bring the happiness and joy to all of us in the bus. I understand that it is really tough to make everyone happy and fullfill the requirements as a customer support & service point of view, however he managed to keep everyone comfortable and do the very best to meet the requirements. Kudos to Hunter..good job..keep it up:). You make my NZ South Island trip very memorable and am glad I choose Stray Travel Bus ahead of Kiwi Experience. It is even better than the Magic Bus which I joined 10 years ago. I will Highly Recommend Stray Travel Bus to allShow detailed ratings
- LALilyWritten on April 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time with Stray. Great stops and driver! The only suggestion I would make is WiFi on the buses as many other bus companies offer this and there are days that you are on the bus for hours...Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia Ora Lily! So glad you had such a great time with Stray :) We actually trialled WiFi on the buses in the past but found that it wasn't necessary as most travellers have pre-paid SIM cards and preferred to use the WiFi at the hostels. At Stray we also love to get off-the-beaten-track which means we love wandering where the WiFi is weak! With good friends, an epic driver guide, plenty of scenic stops and days that are jam packed with activities we aim to help people escape technology and truly embrace the magic that NZ has to offer. Thanks so much for your review, we hope you'll Stray with us again in future!
- BWBOWritten on March 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentGood experience, nice driver,Show detailed ratings
- CColmWritten on January 16, 20164.0 - GoodIn the beginning the air con on board wasnt working but stray got this sorted quickly and were very apologetic. Our driver Flipper was excellent. He was laid back but also very informative about all the places we visited. He ensured everyone was on time for the bus by making any late-comers read a passage from 50 shades of grey which was very entertaining. He made an effort to get to know everyone on board by socialising with us and organising group dinners where everyone helped prepare and cook the food together. One thing I did not like about Stray was that if there was a limited number of places for an activity, ultimately your seat position on the bus could decide if you got to do the activity or not. This was because the clip boards were passed around the same way every day so people knew where the clip board would start and finish. Therefore you could strategically position yourself on the bus so that you would be one of the first to get the clip board and ensure you got your name down early. The people who were furthest down the list ran the risk of not being within the limited number of spots available. This did not cause problems most of the time but was an issue once or twice.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 10, 20154.0 - GoodHopping on the stray bus was a great way to see NZ, especially travelling solo. I made some new friends, saw some beautiful places, learnt a bit about this amazing country, and tried some awesome activities I wouldn't have tried otherwise. Totally recommend giving stray a go. - Melissa
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Picton to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Westport
- Westport to Franz Josef
- Franz Josef
- Franz Josef to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Hi i understand the travelling period is from march 29 - april 7, however I understand that the stray tour has a validity of 12 months hop on hop off, does this mean when i book from your website, i can only travel between march 29-april 7, or that i have the flexibility of completing the tour in 12 months?
Thanks for your enquiry. From the day you purchase the tour, you have 12 months to start travelling from that date.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Picton11 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- MondayOct 22, 2018from Picton11 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Picton11 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Picton11 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Picton11 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Picton11 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- MondayOct 29, 2018from Picton11 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Picton11 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Picton11 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Picton11 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $475
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Picton is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 November 2018 the full payment of $475 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $475 for Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 147 km
- Westport (New Zealand)
- 213 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $475 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 951 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 69 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)